Maryland gets new uniforms...again | The Boneyard

Maryland gets new uniforms...again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
They did need a new field if you look at the before pictures, just be glad they didn't go with the gray turtle shell look they were toying with

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Wow, names on the jerseys. What happened to, it's all about the team? I guess the inmates won that battle. So, let's recap, last year new unis, this year new field (and unis). Could next year be new coach and AD?

(...and new unis)

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I remember when I was a really little kid in the late 70s, brown and mustard yellow was the bee's knees - whether it was the San Diego Padres or the latest polyester leisurewear. I think it's about time Wyoming embraced the true brown and yellow, instead of the brown and beige/tan look that just screams "non-BCS". If they think going with the camo is the best way to do it, hey, more power to 'em.

Reaction Score
I remember when I was a really little kid in the late 70s, brown and mustard yellow was the bee's knees - whether it was the San Diego Padres or the latest polyester leisurewear. I think it's about time Wyoming embraced the true brown and yellow, instead of the brown and beige/tan look that just screams "non-BCS". If they think going with the camo is the best way to do it, hey, more power to 'em.
-----------------
Dude, funny u mention the Padres. Iwas in San Diego on a business trip last month and caught a game. It was throwback night and they were rocking those horrible brown and yellow uni's.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I'm a traditionalist when it comes to UConn's uniforms, but recruits love the new trendy stuff Nike does with the uniforms.

A pro combat or gun metal black alternate (ugh can't believe I said that ) wouldn't be a bad way to have some exposure for the program.

Before someone rants about Alabama, Oklahoma or USC having traditional uniforms and getting top recruits, save yourself the trouble, we aren't them.

Reaction Score
I like Wyoming's helmets.

I would feel better about dissing Maryland's uniforms after UConn defeats them.

Reaction Score
Wow, names on the jerseys. What happened to, it's all about the team? I guess the inmates won that battle.

Unlike UConn, Edsall can't do whatever he wants at Maryland. Especially after 2-10.

Reaction Score
I liked that concept helmet someone posted about last winter with the Husky dog face on the helmet. I could see that on a national flag blue helmet with white(slightly smaller) logo. For special occasions have the national flag blue color with the mirror effect. I checked out the new Oregon jerseys with that pale green color. I liked the design on the shoulder pads. As long as they keep the uniforms to the traditional colors I think they'd have something but if they start playing around with grays, powder or aqua blues and weird crap like that I'd be against it. Maryland is going back to a more traditional uniform and playing around with their state flag emblem on the helmet isn't nearly as bad as that court jester outfit they had last year.

UConn concept helmet blue.png

Reaction Score
Those uni's are hot. Wouldn't mind seeing us wear an alternate uni in a game or 2.

Reaction Score
I don't quite get what's with the cammo design. Especially the digital cammo. Apparently there have been a few studies that indicate that it doesn't really work as well as the old fashioned designs even for the Army...As far as Wyoming goes, I'm not sure there is any way to make Brown and yellow look good. UConn's uniforms generally are pretty classic I think. Not sure why we would want to change them. And please please please, no black!

Reaction Score
Our jerseys from 2003 look better than what we wore last year. That font on the nameplate was cool.

Reaction Score

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Wow, names on the jerseys. What happened to, it's all about the team?

It was never about the team, it was about the coach. Now it's about the coach trying to save his job.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
You gotta wonder why UConn hasn't gotten some kinda of alternate uni yet. It seems like every school under the sun has gotten new uni types. Ball St just previewed and alt uni the other day and even Rutgers got new unis. I think it's only a matter of a year or so before UConn gets on board. We already have Nike as a sponsor for the unis so I can't see why they wouldn't make a new uni. I doubt Coach P is hard line traditionalist on keeping the drab "classic" look. I personally liked when it said Connecticut across the chest. I'd like to see something new and like everyone said, it does have appeal to new recruits.

Reaction Score
I'd like to see something new and like everyone said, it does have appeal to new recruits.

Be careful what you wish for... These are the Alternate jersey's Adidas designed for the Wisconsin and Nebraska game...

7726782512_8c818ed3c1_o.png

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Be careful what you wish for... These are the Alternate jersey's Adidas designed for the Wisconsin and Nebraska game...

7726782512_8c818ed3c1_o.png

Lol! Good point but there are a lot of good alt designs out there too. I haven't really liked anything Adidas has thrown out there. I think Michigan's alt jerseys and ND's as well are horrendous. Some of the Nike stuff though is pretty solid.

On a side note, I saw somewhere where they said the Nebraska unis look like The Noid from the old Dominoes Pizza ads.

noid.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc