Marquette targeting Cuonzo Martin? | The Boneyard

Marquette targeting Cuonzo Martin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Rumor was that until they got hot late in the season (when it appeared they had no shot to make the NCAA's) he was in line to get the ax. Maybe Marquette thinks they can convince him that theirs would be a more secure home or or perhaps he doesn't want to deal with his superiors at UT. There also is the possibility that this is nothing but hot air from some journalist guessing at what he thinks is a good idea.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Cuonzo was a UConn target, would have been in Ollie's class. We ended up with Donny instead but I think Cuonzo committed to Purdue before Donnie verballed.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Cuonzo did go to Purdue. I thought he was a year earlier but I could be wrong. I vividly remember JC praising the kid stating repeatedly that he had the type of character that you want in all of your players. I wish him well.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Hiring a coach like Martin that was about to get canned because he had a nice run at the end of the year is kind of crazy. I don't like the style Howland plays, but his results are impressive.

Reaction Score
Ridiculous, he'd leave the SEC to coach in Milwaukee?? This seems like a plant by a buddy to get a raise. Good work.

swami7774

I know things.
Reaction Score
Cuonzo did go to Purdue. I thought he was a year earlier but I could be wrong. I vividly remember JC praising the kid stating repeatedly that he had the type of character that you want in all of your players. I wish him well.
Yup. JC really, really wanted Martin. But we did okay with Donny M.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom