Margo says UT is coming out of Louisville - will be in Final Four | The Boneyard

Margo says UT is coming out of Louisville - will be in Final Four

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Good for her! I didn't see anything in the first two games to suggest to me that Tenn will come out of the L'Ville region; in fact, just the opposite. It'll be fun to watch.

Reaction Score
I know the better potential matchup would be against ND in the Championship but I wouldnt mind seeing a good ol Tennessee whooping in April. I know the rivalry is over, but old habits die hard and I still want to punch anything Orange

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
I agree with her.
You're a good fan.

If you have to play Maryland and UL it will be a tough road to the FF.

I watched the TN/SJU and I don't know how you can be so confident.

St. John's is a pretty mediocre team that TN played in front of a home crowd.

Tennessee had some nice performances, but was startling to me was the holes in their half court defense. So many open shots for SJU.

Their offense is still disorganized for much of the time.

Looking forward to the next game. If it's Maryland, it will be a very competitive game.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
You're a good fan.

Tennessee had some nice performances, but was startling to me was the holes in their half court defense. So many open shots for SJU.

Looking forward to the next game. If it's Maryland, it will be a very competitive game.

In the first 11 minutes of the 2nd half -- when you would expect Tenn to come out on fire -- Tenn had more fouls (5) and turnovers (6) than baskets (3). The good news was that the vastly undersized St John's did not shoot well from the perimeter (it hasn't all season) and was too small to score inside. Maybe Tenn just struggles against diminutive teams. Maryland (which should win vs Texas) will be able to match Tenn's size inside and can score. I agree it should be a competitive game.

Last edited:

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
I have no idea how good Louisville is. Who have they beaten that's any good? A Tenn-L'ville game will give me a better idea. I do know that L'ville has a very good coach.

Here's a question that I don't think has been posed: Who would you rather have on your team, Simmons or Shimmel? Personally, I don't like Simmons game, sometimes she's hot, mostly she's not. I would take Shoni.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
You're a good fan.

Thanks. St. John's only scored 16 2nd half points. I think Tennessee should be able to get too Nashville. I agree that Maryland game would be competitive. Thomas is real good. I also wouldn't be shocked if Texas wins. Also I'm not positive that Louisville will beat West Virginia. When Tennessee is playing its best I don't see any of these teams beating them.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Thanks. St. John's only scored 16 2nd half points. I think Tennessee should be able to get too Nashville. I agree that Maryland game would be competitive. Thomas is real good. I also wouldn't be shocked if Texas wins. Also I'm not positive that Louisville will beat West Virginia. When Tennessee is playing its best I don't see any of these teams beating them.
St. John's is not a very good offensive team. Not sure you should be hanging your hat on that number.

You've been saying that about WV beating UL and Texas beating MD for weeks.

Reaction Score
I haven't witnessed LV fundamentals as being that great as of late..... also Mercedes doesn't look like someone you can lean on down the stretch..... they will lean on Meghan, and be disappointed because of it.

HGN

Reaction Score
Tennessee has shown some fire lately...........I don't know whether it's enough of a barnburner to run out the Cardinals though. But the LV's have definitely poured some gasoline on the campfire. Now they will have to go into Yum and raid the Cardinals coop. Not an easy task with Walz watching over things.

Margo is an enthusiastic orange fan. And she has reason to be with Simmons and company playing good ball. But Louisville is a tall order to climb on their home floor.

Its going to be interesting.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Tennessee plays on Sunday then Tuesday with a win. So by Tuesday night we will know one way or the other.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Tennessee plays on Sunday then Tuesday with a win. So by Tuesday night we will know one way or the other.
So we should stop talking about it or you just like to state the obvious?

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
So we should stop talking about it or you just like to state the obvious?
I didn't say stop talking. I did say that I thought Tennessee would be in FF.

Reaction Score
I don't think they'll go beyond tonight's game. Thomas will be a force to reckon with tonight.

The women's tourney blows away the men's this year.

Reaction Score
I know the better potential matchup would be against ND in the Championship but I wouldnt mind seeing a good ol Tennessee whooping in April. I know the rivalry is over, but old habits die hard and I still want to punch anything Orange
Careful, I'm a Browns fan. No pity please.

Reaction Score
I don't see Tenn making the Final 4. Too many high seeds to get through; they're bound to mess up on one.

Reaction Score
I think with Louisville, Maryland and Tennessee there are three very closely matched teams in that region. Matchups become very important, I don't know who the Ville has to match up with Harrison, who I like quite a bit. I can't see Hammond being up to that job.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Walz is highly skilled at diagnosing opponents' weaknesses and then exploiting them. The LV definitely have some pretty obvious weaknesses. In a L'ville-LV showdown, I like L'ville's chances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom