Marcus Easley | The Boneyard

Marcus Easley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Sounds like he's doing OK so far..
( Hope it's OK for me to post this here... I'm an espn.com subscriber ... couldn't help it... sounds to me like good news.)

Easley the new No. 2?

9:40AM ET
Marcus Easley | Bills

The Buffalo Bills have an opening for another WR to start across from Steve Johnson, and Marcus Easley is amongst the players vying to fill it. His competition will come primarily from Donald Jones, Naaman Roosevelt and T.J. Graham, with David Nelson filling the slot role. (There are rumors of the Bills being interested in Chad Ochocinco, and he'd factor into the mix for this role if he's signed).
According to Chris Brown of BuffaloBills.com, Easley has looked good in his work thus far this offseason. Bills HC Chan Gailey also commented that the medical ailments that'd plagued the WR in the past have not been an issue thus far.
"He's looked good. He doesn't limp. He's not having any shortness of breath," Gailey confirmed. "All of those things that were bothering him earlier [in his career] aren't bothering him now. So he's done a good job."
While the health concerns will continue to follow Easley, Matt Williamson of Scouts, Inc. thinks that the WR could thrive in the Gailey offense:
- Tim Kavanagh

williamson_matt_30.jpg

Matt Williamson

He seems like a great fit once he gets on the field
"Easley showed promise coming out of college but has no production yet in the NFL due to injuries. But he is big and fast. Keep an eye on him. I like his chances in this offense."​

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
I'm a Bills fan. Most people have said that he has looked good every preseason and would get major playing time. This year seems no different. Just has to stay healthy. Good luck to him.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
How did it take 4 years for Edsall to recognize this guys talent???

I still can't understand it.

Reaction Score
How did it take 4 years for Edsall to recognize this guys talent???

I still can't understand it.

I'm glad Edsall's gone, it was a good time to move on. But for , why don't you criticize him for Donald Thomas too? Why didn't he start immediately after being persuaded to walk-on to the football team? He has NFL talent!

The one thing even Edsall's most ardent critics understand, is that above anything else, he was able to recognize talent where others didn't. Maybe it's a you problem. Maybe it's because the 4th year version of Marcus Easley was a little bit better than the 1st year version? I don't know, I'm no Todd McShay...

"He's big and fast and can move," McShay said. "Obviously, he's still developing, still learning the game, and I think his best football is still in front of him."

Reaction Score
good lord! Is this really turning out to be yet another Edsall bashing.

Good luck to the young man. Absolutely and terrific Husky.

Reaction Score
I'm glad Edsall's gone, it was a good time to move on. But for , why don't you criticize him for Donald Thomas too? Why didn't he start immediately after being persuaded to walk-on to the football team? He has NFL talent!

The one thing even Edsall's most ardent critics understand, is that above anything else, he was able to recognize talent where others didn't. Maybe it's a you problem. Maybe it's because the 4th year version of Marcus Easley was a little bit better than the 1st year version? I don't know, I'm no Todd McShay...

"He's big and fast and can move," McShay said. "Obviously, he's still developing, still learning the game, and I think his best football is still in front of him."

Actually it was the "5th", I'll say it again, "5th" year version of Easley that fought his way onto the field. fhcRE didn't recognize the talent that Easley had, Easley forced fhcRE to play him due to the 79 yard catch and run in game 5 (I say again, game 5 of his red shirt senior year). Here are the stats for the 1st 6 games of Uconn's Easley's RED shirt (I say again, 5th year) season with catches and yards for Difton (the skinny freshman who fhcRE saw in practice and decided to start the season as the better WR than the 5th year Easley), Easley and total:

Difton Easley Total
Ohio 2 - 7 0-0 11-124
NC 4-25 0-0 14-124
Baylor 0-0 0-0 12-147
RI 0-0 2-26 23-199
Pitt 0-0 2-100 17-197
Louis. 0-0 6-108 14-273

So, you think fhcRE should get credit for determing that Easley's 79 yard catch and run against Pitt might earn him some burn. Yeah, I'm sure that Easley as the biggest and fastest receiver (by faaaaaaaar) on Uconn was ok for blocking but until his 5 game of his red shirt senior year he hadn't absorbed enough of the Uconn complicated pass route running schemes to be effective as Difton or any of the others. As another poster said, fhcRE did an exceptional job at Uconn; this is just one of his more exceptional performances. Sometimes I wish Uconn was his dream school, but hey, Uconn's loss was Maryland's gain.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Read this quote:

"He's looked good. He doesn't limp. He's not having any shortness of breath," Gailey confirmed. "All of those things that were bothering him earlier [in his career] aren't bothering him now. So he's done a good job."

Maybe the shortness of breath and the medical issues that caused it hurt him at Uconn too. Quite possible that an undetected medical condition could have made it seem like he was not in good condition and maybe he couldn't perform consistently in practice.

Lots of coulda, shoulda, wouldas, that we won't ever know.

What we can say for sure is that a healthy, productive Marcus Easley helps enhance the Uconn brand to fans and recruits.

Reaction Score
Actually it was the "5th", I'll say it again, "5th" year version of Easley that fought his way onto the field. fhcRE didn't recognize the talent that Easley had, Easley forced fhcRE to play him due to the 79 yard catch and run in game 5 (I say again, game 5 of his red shirt senior year). Here are the stats for the 1st 6 games of Uconn's Easley's RED shirt (I say again, 5th year) season with catches and yards for Difton (the skinny freshman who fhcRE saw in practice and decided to start the season as the better WR than the 5th year Easley), Easley and total:

Difton Easley Total
Ohio 2 - 7 0-0 11-124
NC 4-25 0-0 14-124
Baylor 0-0 0-0 12-147
RI 0-0 2-26 23-199
Pitt 0-0 2-100 17-197
Louis. 0-0 6-108 14-273

So, you think fhcRE should get credit for determing that Easley's 79 yard catch and run against Pitt might earn him some burn. Yeah, I'm sure that Easley as the biggest and fastest receiver (by faaaaaaaar) on Uconn was ok for blocking but until his 5 game of his red shirt senior year he hadn't absorbed enough of the Uconn complicated pass route running schemes to be effective as Difton or any of the others. As another poster said, fhcRE did an exceptional job at Uconn; this is just one of his more exceptional performances. Sometimes I wish Uconn was his dream school, but hey, Uconn's loss was Maryland's gain.

Why wasn't Donald Thomas starting earlier in his career? He is yet another walk on who went on to play NFL football. What an amazing blunder. These guys were so talented in high school that they walked on to college teams, and had to wait years to get an opportunity. Life is so unfair.

Reaction Score
Read this quote:

Maybe the shortness of breath and the medical issues that caused it hurt him at Uconn too. Quite possible that an undetected medical condition could have made it seem like he was not in good condition and maybe he couldn't perform consistently in practice.

Lots of coulda, shoulda, wouldas, that we won't ever know.

What we can say for sure is that a healthy, productive Marcus Easley helps enhance the Uconn brand to fans and recruits.

Well said!

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Marcus god bless'em kids got talent beyond belief,didn't Randy coach here years ago?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom