Makai Ashton-Langford & Makhtar Gueye will take unofficial to UConn on Tuesday | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Makai Ashton-Langford & Makhtar Gueye will take unofficial to UConn on Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

pj

Reaction Score
Wouldn't surprise me if Ollie and co. get better reactions on the unofficial visits because the campus is beautiful and lively during the day, but once the kid stays overnightfot the official he will see there is little to do here in terms of night life compared to comparable schools. That matters to some of the guys who plan to be here for a few years, and I don't blame 'em.

That may work in UConn's favor. The players who care about basketball first won't want night life to distract from their athletic development. The kids who prioritize night life won't develop. Jim Calhoun always got the lesser ranked kids who developed well, and partly it may have been a self-selection effect. There's not much to do in Storrs but basketball, so you'd better love basketball.

Reaction Score
  1. David Borges ‏@DaveBorges
  2. Doesn't sound like Ashton-Langford is ready to commit right now. Louisville among other high-majors recruiting him heavily.
  1. David Borges ‏@DaveBorges 6h6 hours ago
  2. Gueye looked very good in pick-up games, we hear.
I apologize, since I'm not a Twitter guy, but this what I read today. (not sure how this will be displayed here, fingers crossed it appears ok)

I have been trying to keep up Wabissa Bede (MAK teammate). I kinda like him, not as a star, but he's got some toughness & moxie too him. I like tough guards, who can stroke it! Not sure he'll get an offer, but I wouldn't turn him away. Time will tell.

Sounds like the 2017 recruiting class has a lot of intriguing possibilities. Ollie & staff are getting out there & making an impression lately. I can't help but get excited after this incoming class! :)

C

Chief00

1. David Borges ‏@DaveBorges
  2. Doesn't sound like Ashton-Langford is ready to commit right now. Louisville among other high-majors recruiting him heavily.
  1. David Borges ‏@DaveBorges 6h6 hours ago
  2. Gueye looked very good in pick-up games, we hear.
I apologize, since I'm not a Twitter guy, but this what I read today. (not sure how this will be displayed here, fingers crossed it appears ok)

I have been trying to keep up Wabissa Bede (MAK teammate). I kinda like him, not as a star, but he's got some toughness & moxie too him. I like tough guards, who can stroke it! Not sure he'll get an offer, but I wouldn't turn him away. Time will tell.

Sounds like the 2017 recruiting class has a lot of intriguing possibilities. Ollie & staff are getting out there & making an impression lately. I can't help but get excited after this incoming class! :)

We have to get a closer again! Finishing second means nothing.

C

Chief00

That may work in UConn's favor. The players who care about basketball first won't want night life to distract from their athletic development. The kids who prioritize night life won't develop. Jim Calhoun always got the lesser ranked kids who developed well, and partly it may have been a self-selection effect. There's not much to do in Storrs but basketball, so you'd better love basketball.

You living in make believe

caw

Reaction Score
We have to get a closer again! Finishing second means nothing.

Are you making that based off of Justin Jackson going to Maryland, bc Ollie has gotten five very good players. Having another closer/Bunky/etc probably would not have changed that recruitment. He honestly took the best spot for a player looking for playing time, it was at a top University and a pretty solid basketball program in a major conference. If UConn did not already have 6 new players coming in, UConn probably would have had a better shot with him.

Who else has UConn finished second for recently, and not gotten a similar player instead? Stone is the only one that comes to mind.

Reaction Score
Spoken like someone who never set foot on campus except for basketball games, and certainly not while college-age

Reaction Score

What time did you start the bender today?.

Reaction Score
This is what i am hearing. We are in great shape for MAL. Heard another visit this summer most likely. But also hearing dham is not a lock and we may not lead anymore.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
This is what i am hearing. We are in great shape for MAL. Heard another visit this summer most likely. But also hearing dham is not a lock and we may not lead anymore.

I assume you mean Ham D (Diallo) not D Ham?

Reaction Score

Dham is hamidou diallo? If so, that really sucks.

Reaction Score
Do not let hooper see. He will blast me. O Shot. Yes HD . Uk and others are pushing

haha. won't say anything. UK attempting to take our local talent irks me.

here's to hoping the hometown pull wins out.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
No one should be surprised by the HamD news, thanks for the update 99.

Reaction Score
I think we were all expecting this to turn into a fight as he blew up and the other major programs started sniffing around. If he sees what the program has done over the years, and the family vibe, and is looking for that, we still may end up in good shape. If not, it sounds like we are in on a handful of other wings for 2017(DJ Harvey comes to mind). Gotta love the constant changing winds. Settle in for another interesting summer.

Reaction Score
An article on TOS came out about this past weekend's visit but I'm not a subscriber. Can anyone summarize?

Reaction Score
PSA is in CT? He's spent the last several years in ct. Would you prefer more local than UK?

I mean he's from NY(cue the 6th boro comments...), I don't consider NYers and kids from other states who go to NE prep shools as now being from the state where the prep school is.

Reaction Score
I mean he's from NY(cue the 6th boro comments...), I don't consider NYers and kids from other states who go to NE prep shools as now being from the state where the prep school is.

I hear ya.

Reaction Score
Hearing HD looking for a huge stage.. uk and duke gives that

It's disappointing that we're no longer considered a big enough stage for the highest-level recruits. Though it wasn't common, we at least used to occasionally get that Top 10 guy.

I think KO can still return the program to its previous level of consistent and sustained success (like in the 90's and 00's) if we land enough of those guys in the 20-50 range, but it's still unpleasant to see a manifestation of our program having taken a step down.

Reaction Score
It's disappointing that we're no longer considered a big enough stage for the highest-level recruits. Though it wasn't common, we at least used to occasionally get that Top 10 guy.

I think KO can still return the program to its previous level of consistent and sustained success (like in the 90's and 00's) if we land enough of those guys in the 20-50 range, but it's still unpleasant to see a manifestation of our program having taken a step down.
Relax 99 is wrong half the time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01