Maddy Siegrist is a great player and sometimes mentioned as a possible Player of the Year | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Maddy Siegrist is a great player and sometimes mentioned as a possible Player of the Year

Big Mick

The all knowing Mick
Reaction Score
Not Geno,,,,Usually it's the losing coach who gives up first, this didn't happen as the Villanova coach kept her starters in till the end, could have suffered an injury that would cost them dearly in the NCAA's for no reason as the game was over after 3 qtrs!

True.

Also true - Geno respected that by following suit. It is a bit of a slight to have the winning coach empty the bench whilst the opponent is still competing.

In my opinion, of course.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
If Maddy played for UConn she'd be their best player on the court by far.

Reaction Score
Siegrist is a great player and sometimes mentioned as a possible Player of the Year.
But for some reason (Can anyone guess why?) she never reaches that level when she
plays UConn.
Yes, her performances are good or vey good, but she is always “held in check” and never able to take over the game.

That's been the pattern of great players against UConn for decades. Coach Geno knows how to neutralize great scorers. He's the Wizard.

Reaction Score
You missed the point...

It's true, UCONN was running the clock and their best players were in the game.

FOr Nova, Maddie did what she always does - wants to win the game and so she scores points. She also committed her 4th foul.

Geno didn't claim victory by putting the end of the bench in the game.

SOOOOOOO - everyone was just doing their job. And, with great respect i might add.

Therefore, it was uncalled for to belittle Maddie.

In my opinion, of course.
No I didn’t miss the point, and I did not belittle Maddie. It was garbage time. BTW love the blue, neat.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
Siegrist is absolutely phenomenal. The reason we keep her in check is they don’t have another Superstar we have to defend. She scores at will, against anyone and everyone we threw at her. Back to the rim, hook shots & fall away jumpers.
She creates most of her baskets. She can’t get in foul trouble or Villanova loses. She’s better than every player in our top7 right now. Maybe Edwards is close.

Geno-ista

Reaction Score
The degree of difficulty on the shots she made was off the charts. Still scratching my head, that in the face of the great defense , how did that go in? Happy we won't play her anymore. Against a poor defense, a la Iowa, she could score 50 again.
Right on- she’s a superstar! Uncanny sense of where the hoop is. The net didn’t move on most of her insane no look shots.

Geno-ista

Reaction Score
Come on, now - how could anyone have any criticism of this kid's game? As @my2cents mentioned above, "her degree of difficulty on the shots she made was off the charts", and she made them appear effortless. As Geno alluded to in the post game presser, Maddy was "the best player on the court". UConn played terrific defense, they "contained her (20pts) but certainly didn't stop her.
Spot on

Reaction Score
I have only watched Maddie play in 4-5 games this season but one thing I noticed is she made a lot of very difficult shots in each of those games. It is hard to be a superstar on a team with no other really good players because every team you play is going to design the defense around stopping the star. Offensively Maddie is as good as there is in the NCAAW.

On defense though she is the opposite. She struggles guarding people that are bigger than her because she isn't really strong and she can't guard those smaller because she lacks the quickness.

Fact is she will have to be outstanding as a scorer because her defense will be a liability. That takes nothing away from her being a fantastic player and one of the best in college this year.

Reaction Score
Siegrist is a great player and sometimes mentioned as a possible Player of the Year.
But for some reason (Can anyone guess why?) she never reaches that level when she
plays UConn.
Yes, her performances are good or vey good, but she is always “held in check” and never able to take over the game.

Reaction Score
I have only watched Maddie play in 4-5 games this season but one thing I noticed is she made a lot of very difficult shots in each of those games. It is hard to be a superstar on a team with no other really good players because every team you play is going to design the defense around stopping the star. Offensively Maddie is as good as there is in the NCAAW.

On defense though she is the opposite. She struggles guarding people that are bigger than her because she isn't really strong and she can't guard those smaller because she lacks the quickness.

Fact is she will have to be outstanding as a scorer because her defense will be a liability. That takes nothing away from her being a fantastic player and one of the best in college this year.

Reaction Score
As a. UCONN fan i think she’s the hardest. To guard like Boston but is not a very good defennder

Reaction Score
I expect Siegrist and Caitlin Clark (Iowa) to have long and stellar careers in the WNBA. Both of them can flat-out score the basketball. A skill that is sought out and coveted by coaches and GM's at that level.
You are correct. I, a personal opinion/view, believe Catlin to be the better of the two. Teams ran her ragged and her coach played her too long. Often used her as the ONLY option, when there were at least 2 others on that team that could score. Siegrist and Olson were the options (mostly) for Nova.. Of the 2, I prefer Olson--I like kids with grit (Nika is grit on steroids).

Reaction Score
It won't happear, they will name either Boston or Clarck, she's just namd a contender
And she deserves it , she will be named AA by everyone

Reaction Score
What are you all thinking? I saw Maddy play at Seton Hall from courtside. She had 32. The difference was no Aaliyah to primarily guard her and no Aubrey to double her. Aaliyah is 2" taller, bigger, and more physical.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom