MAC Coach | The Boneyard

MAC Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I know this subject has already been touched on a few times but I just want to second this notion. On Wednesday night I watched two good programs go at it in Toledo vs Northern Illinois. Both were well coached by younger coaches with a lot of energy. No offense to Coach P and his staff but I just dont see much energy or life out of this Uconn team. Just dont see the fire, you see in other programs.

I also think this move will make sense to open up a gateway to recruiting in the midwest. States like Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, etc. have great, great talent. It seems like these MAC QB's always have so much heart, and they just have "IT", they just have that ability to fight and there down right GAMERS. I love the QB's that go through Northern Illinois. There last QB Harnish was awesome and he is now with the Colts. There currant QB Lynch is also a very good College QB with the ability to make plays and move the ball. These guys were barely recruited... If a program in a bigger conference like Uconn-Big East, came calling they would of deff accepted offers.

I think its time for a change. I am all in favor of a MAC coach who has some recruiting gateways to the mid-west states. Maybe if Coach P is willing, you keep him on staff and give him a position as Head of Tri-State recruiting. He could still be an asset in that manner.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I would jump at Doeren (NIU head coach, former Wisconsin defensive coordinator) in a heartbeat (although I still want Hazell, Kent St's head coach).

I don't know much about Campbell (Toledo's HC) other than that he is very young (~33).

I see nothing wrong with making a short list with MAC coaches under 50 years old. There are quite a few candidates with potential.

Reaction Score
I totally agree. The NIU and Kent State coaches would be at the top of my list as well.

Gotta make something happen, gotta spark something.

Reaction Score
watching Kent State and Bowling green right now. Liking KSU's coach so far. Darrel Hazel, i think.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
If nothing else, the MAC should be evidence that if we perform proper due diligence, we will be able to find a quality, bright young head coach. Hopefully he'll be willing to spend the remainder of his career here and be our football version of JC.

On a side note, the last time we hired a coach from another school with the nickname Huskies we did pretty well!

Reaction Score
I would jump at Doeren (NIU head coach, former Wisconsin defensive coordinator) in a heartbeat (although I still want Hazell, Kent St's head coach).

I don't know much about Campbell (Toledo's HC) other than that he is very young (~33).

I see nothing wrong with making a short list with MAC coaches under 50 years old. There are quite a few candidates with potential.

I like Hazell too! He spent 8 years with Jim Tressel as an assistant head coach. Kent State was a graveyard for coaches in the last 30 years commentators stated and he has that program winning in just 2 seasons 15-8 (.640+). They beat Rutgers this year too and were the only team Rutgers allowed a hundred yard rusher; Kent State had over 200 yards rushing!

And all PP has done is destroy this program for the last 2 seasons! The only thing some people can say is there's not enough talent, lets give him some time to recruit his kids. I say get rid of him now!!!

Reaction Score
If we go to the ACC, we won't need PP to peddle the program anymore. He sure worked wonders in recruiting. Sets us up well for the next coach. At least he helped us there.

Reaction Score
If we go to the ACC, we won't need PP to peddle the program anymore. He sure worked wonders in recruiting. Sets us up well for the next coach. At least he helped us there.

He has helped us a little there, but I would like to see this program winning in all fazes not just recruiting, and we still aren't winning in recruiting!

If Maryland and Rutgers go to the Big 10 it doesn't mean we go to the ACC, although I would like that a lot!!

Reaction Score
He has helped us a little there, but I would like to see this program winning in all fazes not just recruiting, and we still aren't winning in recruiting!

If Maryland and Rutgers go to the Big 10 it doesn't mean we go to the ACC, although I would like that a lot!!
It certainly means the chances of going to the ACC are higher than ever. Being in the ACC would only help us in recruiting more. We've gotten plenty of very good players in the last several years.

Reaction Score
It certainly means the chances of going to the ACC are higher than ever. Being in the ACC would only help us in recruiting more. We've gotten plenty of very good players in the last several years.

I hope this happens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc