Loyd is great, but we'll keep Stewie.. :) | The Boneyard

Loyd is great, but we'll keep Stewie.. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score
Jewell Loyd is a great basketball player. Her job is to score points.
1. Notre Dame NEEDS Loyd to score. She has taken 504 shots this season. TWICE the next player's shots.
2. Loyd has led N.D. in scoring 22 times this season. The rest of the team led in scoring 11 times.
3. She averages 31.4 minutes per game on the court. She takes more than 15 shots per game.

Stewie is a better player than Loyd. Her role on UConn is do many more things than just score.
1. Stewie has taken 420 shots, the next player, KML, has taken 327. Tuck has taken 322.
2. Stewie led UConn in scoring 11 times. The rest of the team led 22 times.
3. Stewie averages 27.5 minutes per game. She takes 12.7 shots per game.
4. Both Loyd and Stewie have 102 assists. Stewie has many more rebounds, many more blocks and even more steals.
5. Stewie has fewer turnovers, as well....

Congrats to Loyd...! But, we'll keep Stewie..

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
You're not really doing Loyd justice, though. Each of her shots is taken with four defenders hanging on a limb and the 5th putting two hands in her face. When Stewie scores the defenders are all at the other end of the court. Big difference there.

Reaction Score
You're not really doing Loyd justice, though. Each of her shots is taken with four defenders hanging on a limb and the 5th putting two hands in her face. When Stewie scores the defenders are all at the other end of the court. Big difference there.
Both are great players and both take a beating. My sentiments are with Stewart because she plays at UCONN and you can't coach 6'4" with the wingspan of a 747 and the grace of a ballerina.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
"Both Loyd and Stewie have 102 assists." Astonishing! Stewie is a uniquely versatile player.

She also has really improved her FT shooting to over 80%. I'd like to see her get her 3-point shot to 40% for next season.

Reaction Score
Very different players in vastly different roles. I love The Breanna Stewart, but I look forward to see her lock horns with Jewell Loyd...not making a comparison to their games, but a Larry Bird v Magic Johnson type encounter in magnitude...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom