Louisville vs. UConn Preview | The Boneyard

Louisville vs. UConn Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Hey guys, we certainly have a lot to talk about. In case you are tired of reading about realignment and want to read about our actual game I write a preview prior to each Louisville game and like to share it with our opponent for discussion.

Louisville vs. UConn Preview

Reaction Score
How did I know I'd see something about Larry Taylor immediately, if I clicked on that link? LOL.

Thanks for posting though, while the past two days have made for some really entertaining emotional outpourings on the fan site, it's all pretty much useless and completely distracting from things that really matter.

What I do hope, is that UConn players, are exercising very well, one of the most important lessons in football, that they can take to real life, and that's being able to focus on the task at hand, which is in turn part of a bigger picture.

If we get a really sloppy, turnover and penalty filled game, well - it's safe to say where the players heads have been at all week, but if we play the way we are capable for an entire four quarters?

All UConn fans have been waiting for that - all season long. I hope we finally get it Saturday.

Reaction Score
You guys really need to get over Larry Taylor. You blew a fourth quarter lead because you couldn't stop Andre Dixon, and you conveniently ignore the fact we recovered your muffed punt at your 1 yard line only to watch the refs give it back to you at your 20. Add in another fumble we recovered around your 30, that the refs inexplicably gave back to you, and you can stop your ducking whining already.

Reaction Score
Well yeah! I can't write about the Louisville/UConn Football series without mentioning Larry Taylor can I?

Louisville really hasn't been 'sloppy' in terms of turning the ball over and coming off a loss & a bye I think UConn is going to have to straight up beat the Cards to get the win. I'm sure players on both sides are focused on football. Louisville should be sharply focused, but Card fans have been waiting for a 4 quarter performance all year too. Would be nice to see, but if they are saving it now & next week vs. Rutgers would be the time!

Reaction Score
I'm torn this week. I'll be at the game and never want to see us lose, but I really hate Rutgers and don't want them to win a big east championship. Hopefully we win, Pitt beats RU, then you beat RU and win the conference.

Yes, you can write without mentioning larry taylor. he's not the reason you lost that game, Dixon was.

Reaction Score
Well yeah! I can't write about the Louisville/UConn Football series without mentioning Larry Taylor can I?

Louisville really hasn't been 'sloppy' in terms of turning the ball over and coming off a loss & a bye I think UConn is going to have to straight up beat the Cards to get the win. I'm sure players on both sides are focused on football. Louisville should be sharply focused, but Card fans have been waiting for a 4 quarter performance all year too. Would be nice to see, but if they are saving it now & next week vs. Rutgers would be the time!

Looking at Rutgers, is exactly what I hope they are doing.

Reaction Score
UCONN OFFENSE pre-louisville:
They appear to lack consistency.
They have to generate some offense.
They're not playing to win - they're playing not to lose
They have to get back into their offensive rhythm.
They're going to have to make some adjustments.
DURING THE GAME:
They're not out of it yet.
They're still hanging around.
We've still got plenty of football left.
They have to slowly chip away at this lead.
They won't go quietly.
AFTER WE WIN ON THE ROAD:
Well, stranger things have happened

Reaction Score
Winning the conference is definitely the goal. Everyone is really hoping to see the Cards respond after the Syracuse game two weeks ago. The play from Taylor was a TD, and Cards lost by 4. Sure UConn could have scored on the drive anyway, but the point is they didn't have to. Anyway....it's a part of the history. It'll always be in there more or less.

CarlSpackler: Yeah I don't think you'll get too much of that. Coming off a loss that shouldn't be a problem.

emshorts: stranger things have definitely happened. Wouldn't shock me, I just think Bridgewater is the difference in the game.

Reaction Score
Winning the conference is definitely the goal. Everyone is really hoping to see the Cards respond after the Syracuse game two weeks ago. The play from Taylor was a TD, and Cards lost by 4. Sure UConn could have scored on the drive anyway, but the point is they didn't have to. Anyway....it's a part of the history. It'll always be in there more or less.

CarlSpackler: Yeah I don't think you'll get too much of that. Coming off a loss that shouldn't be a problem.

emshorts: stranger things have definitely happened. Wouldn't shock me, I just think Bridgewater is the difference in the game.

I agree, our ability to get to Bridgewater, will be the difference in this game.

Reaction Score
Whitmer can't turn it over and we have to pressure Bridgewater and if there is a pick opportunity we have to catch it. We've dropped way to many picks this year. Those 3 things go our way and we might get a win. It will be nice to have a game to watch to get away from the conference BS. Now back to the conference realignment board.

Reaction Score
One thing the Cards haven't done a great job all year is intercept passes. They had 3 against Cincinnati, but outside of that they've come few and far between. Teddy isn't likely to throw a bad ball unless the Cards are down and he's forcing one.

Reaction Score
One thing the Cards haven't done a great job all year is intercept passes. They had 3 against Cincinnati, but outside of that they've come few and far between. Teddy isn't likely to throw a bad ball unless the Cards are down and he's forcing one.
You have the right opponent now. USF didn't have a single int all year until we came in.

Reaction Score
I don't think this fellow read the bit about UConn getting ripped off twice in the Larry Taylor game. So I'll give the Ville fan 7 points, and he'll give us at least 10 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Howler

Top Bottom