Louisville/UConn Review: Huskies Win in Triple OT 23-20 | The Boneyard

Louisville/UConn Review: Huskies Win in Triple OT 23-20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
very fair write-up...
a lot of people questioned the fake punt... Why take the risk when Uconn hadn't moved the ball at all... Agree it didn't matter in the end, but at the time, a really questionable call and should have been the game had Uconn been able to score in the 2nd half... But, for some reason, Uconn doesn't think scoring in the 2nd half is pertinent to winning a game. It's a questionable and risky tactic, but one PP/GDL have perfected.

Reaction Score
His take on Blidi was interesting. I thought Trevardo and Sio might have made bigger impacts but I could be wrong.

The defense has been one of the few aspects of this team that gave me joy this season.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The fake punt was idiotic. Why not just line up and go for it instead of running a play w no chance.

Reaction Score
phillionaire: Why would I write about Series history in a game review? Previews we cover history, reviews we cover the game.......there is no reason to be that way.

Marty Jackson: yep I hated the fake punt, I felt it took away a huge field position advantage.

ZooCougar: Blidi was outstanding......I don't know if television really told the story, but Louisville was avoiding him as much as possible and the Cards could only play with a small part of the field. Williams & Co did a lot up front, obviously, but I think Wreh-Wilson changed it all.

As for the horsecollar.....you won't hear me complain about that. Bridgewater was breaking tackles and Sio just grabbed what he could.

Reaction Score
Anyway guys, I wish you guys the best in the conference stuff. We've got a quick turnaround so I'm going to turn my attention to Rutgers.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
Thanks for coming back to check in. Fake punt was definitely questionable. Lots of would've should've could've for both teams.

I told you guys I would come in win or lose and share my post-game thoughts. Very impressed with UConn's pressure and Wreh-Wilson. In any event I write from a Louisville perspective and what could have gone differently, but if you'd like to read:

Louisville/UConn Review

Reaction Score
The missed review of the out-of- bounds catch was Big East Officiating at its finest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Howler

Top Bottom