Louisville Losing Low Scorer to FSU | The Boneyard

Louisville Losing Low Scorer to FSU

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Tenn up on 0-4 Oakland (MI) 34-27 at the half. Not an impressive first half for Tenn. Oakland playing a zone and Tenn not attacking very well (so far, no effective playmaker flashing to the top of the key).

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Tenn up on Oakland (MI) 34-27 at the half. Not an impressive first half for Tenn. Oakland playing a zone and Tenn not attacking very well (so far, no effective playmaker flashing to the top of the key).
This is Oakland for heaven's sake. When are we going to stop hearing "but we figured it out and poured it on in the 2nd half..." Maybe part of the team got confused and is missing - they showed up on the west coast?!

BTW, has Burdick scored in double figures yet this season? She really seems to be struggling. I 'm sure she must be contributing elsewhere on the court as she continues to start, but as a top 5 kid in HS, she's not had an impressive career thus far at Tennessee...

Last edited:

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Louisville ties it up.

FSU was up 19-4 early

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
L'ville down 4 with 2 minutes left. Yikes for them!

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
FSU was up by 4 with a minute left, now tied with 20 seconds left

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Jude Schimmel missed a ft to take the lead, FSU with ball

OT baby

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Last year's Cinderella may be this year's cinder. This is a home game at Yum Center. Still same old problem - where do the points come from if Shoni is not super woman

Reaction Score
Tenn going strong to the end.......
they shoot and score with under 20 sec to go instead of runing clock out....30 pt lead..

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Holy cow, Louisville outscored FSU 15-2 in fist four miutes of OT, ended up winning by 10

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
they shoot and score with under 20 sec to go instead of runing clock out....30 pt lead..

Well I'm temped to point out that some teams have class, but to be fair, UConn took a shot at the buzzer despite a 50+ point lead. (It was Polly, and I don't know whether she didn't get the memo, or if she was told to go for it anyway)

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Well I'm temped to point out that some teams have class, but to be fair, UConn took a shot at the buzzer despite a 50+ point lead. (It was Polly, and I don't know whether she didn't get the memo, or if she was told to go for it anyway)
I was thinking the same thing. There were about 10 seconds left and she ran the length of the court IIRC and missed a layup. I wonder what Geno thought about that. I've honestly never seen that before on a UCONN team...

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
If the bench has been cleared and the margin is already outrageous, and a reserve is taking the shot, what possible difference could it make? Would a 56 or 57 point margin be any more embaressing than 54?

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
If the bench has been cleared and the margin is already outrageous, and a reserve is taking the shot, what possible difference could it make? Would a 56 or 57 point margin be any more embaressing than 54?

It isn't the margin, of course, it is the attitude. I like that we have a tradition of not taking a final shot, and want to continue it.

Edit
I can also respect those who drill into players that they should play hard for 40 minutes. It is an easy rule to memorize. Adding the nuance that there are exceptions means that it is a more complicated rule, and I appreciate that players have enough to worry about, so making some rules simple is a plus. However, I have more respect for those that can say there is a time to back off.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score

In fairness to Burdick (if I read the pbp correctly), they had to shoot or turn over the ball. It looks like they got the ball with 34 seconds, so she could not run out the clock.

Reaction Score

EL Z - Right.... I would be amazed if the kid was trying to embarrass anyone.....which I would not support. She doesn't get many minutes, we know she loves to score, and I'm thinking she was motivated by something like, "It's basketball....here's the ball...there's the basket....put the ball in the basket....name of the game....my turn."

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Even play by play guy said they'll take the penalty

I've seen UConn do that, when it is a second or two, maybe more, but I don't fault anyone for taking a shot as opposed to letting the shot clock expire.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Are you talking about today's game?

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Are you talking about today's game?

I believe it was yesterday (although the last few days are starting to run together.) Heh, you'd think a 50 point lead would be enough information to define the game, but not so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom