Louisville at SE Missouri St | The Boneyard

Louisville at SE Missouri St

Reaction Score
45-37 Louisville midway through the 3rd period.

Van Lith started and is 5-10 for 11 pts. She and Evens have taken half the shots.

Reaction Score
9 Mins left and Van Lith is Louisville's leading rebounder with 8 ????

Reaction Score
Old wounds continue to fester :D

At least Louisville is willing to take to the road against a defending conference champion. Quite the contrast to certain coaches who pay horrible teams to travel to Waco with no return trip in the balance.

This is Walz's 14th season. He has played a true road game as the season opener eight times. His record is 8-0.

Reaction Score
I was never a fan of Van Lith. Too ball dominant for me.

Reaction Score
Old wounds continue to fester :D

At least Louisville is willing to take to the road against a defending conference champion. Quite the contrast to certain coaches who pay horrible teams to travel to Waco with no return trip in the balance.
Lol Baylor goes on the road the next 3 games with good teams better than whoever Louisville played on Wednesday!

Reaction Score
Lol Baylor goes on the road the next 3 games with good teams better than whoever Louisville played on Wednesday!

With Baylor’s long history of scheduling OOC games against teams that are at the bottom of DI, I don’t think they are in a position to brag about schedules.

Reaction Score

Maybe so, but in all fairness, Louisville rescheduled a game at the last minute due to their original opponent having players with COVID cases. Using a game like this one as your example doesn't help to make your point.

A lot of teams have had their schedules completely thrown out of whack and the season has barely started. Louisville has lost another great match up vs UConn as well. It could happen to any time at any time. For all we know, even though I don't wish it, Baylor could have the same thing happen to them over the next few days.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
When I said "the road", I meant true road games. I should have been more clear.

I'm especially looking forward to the thrilling 3-game lineup in mid-December of Southern U, Northwestern State and McNeese State, all played within the cozy confines of the Ferrell Center. How much is Baylor paying those teams?

Reaction Score
When I said "the road", I meant true road games. I should have been more clear.

I'm especially looking forward to the thrilling 3-game lineup in mid-December of Southern U, Northwestern State and McNeese State, all played within the cozy confines of the Ferrell Center. How much is Baylor paying those teams?
McNeese? Jeez. They're smaller than Nicholls State over in Thibodeaux.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I have to chuckle a bit here as "grains of truth" exist everywhere and no where simultaneously. Kim certainly plays a lot of cupcakes while sprinkling in a couple of top teams. Stanford seems to play schools with affiliation to Tara via her coaching tree while also adding in a couple of top programs. Where I give MM credit is she did continue to keep other top programs on her OOC. To wit, she had Tenn, DePaul, UConn on multiyear contracts, she has played Mich, MSU, OSU Beavers, Marquette, Gonzaga as OOC. Dawn also is following Geno's lead and she deserves a lot of credit for that. Heck even Brenda has upped her OOC :eek: that I need to look harder at top programs who eschew other top schools to focus future derision. I may even need to consult @Plebe for insight.

While Geno has been regularly having tough OOC's these past 5-10 years, he's also in a position of strength to play those types of schedules. As programs ebb and flow, some programs with long tenured coaches, don't necessarily have that mentality to always play top OOC games. While we can pride ourselves that our coach does, let's not completely denigrate other programs that sporadically behave this way...unless of course, the fanatic followers of these teams try to state otherwise...than let's have at 'em!!!! :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I thought Cochran was 6’1 the last time I checked. When did she grow?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom