Louisville adds Conference USA's freshman of the year | The Boneyard

Louisville adds Conference USA's freshman of the year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Louisville adds Conference USA's freshman of the year, Briahana Jackson, a 5-foot -4 guard who averaged 17.8 points, 4.8 rebounds, 3.1 steals and 2.5 assists. Scored 28 points against us. She's eligible to play this year.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Louisville adds Conference USA's freshman of the year, Briahana Jackson, a 5-foot -4 guard who averaged 17.8 points, 4.8 rebounds, 3.1 steals and 2.5 assists. Scored 28 points against us. She's eligible to play this year.
She last played at University of Central Florida

HGN

Reaction Score
Louisville seems to be loading up for a title push over the next 3 years or so. Adding yet another good player. 5- foot-4 inch guard......Looks like Mo and Crystal are going to have their hands full with this dynamo over the next couple of years.

But somehow I think they will be up to the challenge.....With the hardware on the line, oh yeah.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
hmmm, that gives them 16 players for next year.

Reaction Score
They went to the North Carolina and Baylor school of recruiting.

Maryland now has 15 scheduled to be on scholarship in 2016-17 , so does Louisville, Walton is in her 4th year this year. Walton has graduated just like ex Maryland player Emery Wallace who left with eligibility.

Reaction Score
Walton is in her second year of graduate school so it is unlikely she will want her forth year of eligibility, especially considering all the height the Cards will have. She had two years of injury, allowing her the extra eligibility.

If Kylee Shook develops into the player she appears, the Cards will definitely finally have the players to play with UConn. She's listed at 6'4", but says she's really 6'5" and she looks it. Like Stewart, she has very long arms. Some of our fans are seeing Brianna Stewart in her. They might be dreaming a bit, but matched with all the other talent Walz is bringing in, she's certainly a player that can keep the Cards strong in the final four mix every year.

We're got every reason to be excited.

jennyo70

Loo'ville Lady
Reaction Score
How is she available this year?

She started work on her Masters this past summer term. She actually graduated in 3 years, at the end of last spring term. Jude Schimmel did the same thing. Got her undergrad in 3 years, and finished her Masters the summer after her 4th year. I highly suspect that is what will happen with Cortnee Walton, so all this concern of over-recruiting is annoying.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Yes it is. Coaches know things we don't about who is leaving the team and for what reason.

:rolleyes: I'm sure they do. Like who they can push off the team and what excuse they can use to make themselves not look like the bad guy.

Reaction Score
If you transfer for your Masters you can play right away. This is something that has also been happening in CFB, albeit very rarely. But how do you keep 15 kids happy? UConn has a hard enough time doing it with 10-11 kids.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
:rolleyes: I'm sure they do. Like who they can push off the team and what excuse they can use to make themselves not look like the bad guy.

Such a jaded view. I take ALL coaches at the word, especially Baptists. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom