Looks like Tori McCoy was rooting for UConn... | The Boneyard

Looks like Tori McCoy was rooting for UConn...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
TJM❤️ @torimccoy23 · Apr 6
Now Uconns gonna win it for the girls!!!
1f44f.png

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
That makes me very happy.

Best wishes with your rehab, Tori!

Reaction Score
Can she announce already?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Don't forget that photo of her dad with Geno from not that long ago...

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
I'm betting it will come down to UConn and ND. ND is an easy drive from Champaign. UConn certainly isn't. Having your parents, family, and friends come to every game is important. But we all know what Geno and UConn can offer a player, so...

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Indeed they are. And I love it!

Reaction Score
All the UConn games are on television.

I hear the UConn games, team, players get lots of hype on ESPN. Having their highlights shown on SportsCenter a couple times a week is just the last thing an 18-year-old would want, isn't it?

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Careful. If the kid wants that stuff too much, Geno says then he doesn't want them. Everything in perspective and moderation.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I'm betting it will come down to UConn and ND. ND is an easy drive from Champaign. UConn certainly isn't. Having your parents, family, and friends come to every game is important. But we all know what Geno and UConn can offer a player, so...
I agree, she is very close to her father. So staying home would put Illinois in the mix also. She has stated that Illinois will definitely be among her top choices.
Video is here:
http://www.illinoishomepage.net/sto...ayer-of-the-year/31912/tKKuopg5p0eT0SUCchFKoA

Reaction Score
I believe Tori has a Twitter presence....what kid doesn't (excepting Geno's ladies) where she wanted Ky to beat ND and Baylor to do the same. My guess is Illinois.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Illinois would be, IMO, a major waste of her ability. Neither the AD nor the community gives a hoot (cleaning up the rhetoric) for WCBB. Anyone who spouts that "change the culture" rubbish has never lived here. They haven't been good in a very long time. Obviously, if it's what she wants, then so be it. But talk about setting your personal bar low.

Reaction Score
Illinois would be, IMO, a major waste of her ability. Neither the AD nor the community gives a hoot (cleaning up the rhetoric) for WCBB. Anyone who spouts that "change the culture" rubbish has never lived here. They haven't been good in a very long time. Obviously, if it's what she wants, then so be it. But talk about setting your personal bar low.

EDD did ok at the university of Delaware...as long as the kid is happy, wherever she goes...

Reaction Score
Well we know its not ND. She will not make Illinois that much better or a an elite team in her 4 years best school fits Tori is Uconn

Reaction Score
I believe Tori has a Twitter presence....what kid doesn't (excepting Geno's ladies) where she wanted Ky to beat ND and Baylor to do the same. My guess is Illinois.
UConn women have a twitter presence. Just not between the first practice and hoisting that NCAA trophy!

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I couldn't disagree more! Skylar Diggs, EDD & Asia Wilson did not waste their ability by staying at home and playing basketball. Illinois signed a player who I thougt was one of the better players in the 2014 McDonalds All American game Chatrice White-this girl can play look her up. Morgan Tuck's sister graduated from the Illinois program this year. I trust the Tuck family when it comes to making a college choice. This sentiment that a player that chooses not to come to UCONN is " not up for the challenge" or "don't' want to be great"-not your post per se or "setting your personal bar low" is played out. Kids choose a college for a variety of reasons, among them is wanting to stay close to home.

Reaction Score
I couldn't disagree more! Skylar Diggs, EDD & Asia Wilson did not waste their ability by staying at home and playing basketball.

Are you comparing Notre Dame and South Carolina to Illinois?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Are you comparing Notre Dame and South Carolina to Illinois?
For WCBB programs as they stand today obviously not. EDD played at Delaware also mentioned in same sentence so definitely not.
The point of comparison is for a player like Tori McCoy who might wantsto stay home and play.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Since I'm listing transfers - Illinois is losing two, including one starter.

http://www.illinoishomepage.net/you...leaving-illinois/35147/9Gyon9asdkOsJuLcLJJ3kw

The current roster has 15 players, 5 are graduating, 2 are transferring and there are 3 incoming freshmen. Next year Illinois will be very young and extremely guard-heavy with only one forward on the roster. Tori can see that as either a great opportunity or as an overwhelming challenge.

Last edited:

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
L'ville is a very big player for her.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
I couldn't disagree more! Skylar Diggs, EDD & Asia Wilson did not waste their ability by staying at home and playing basketball. Illinois signed a player who I thougt was one of the better players in the 2014 McDonalds All American game Chatrice White-this girl can play look her up. Morgan Tuck's sister graduated from the Illinois program this year. I trust the Tuck family when it comes to making a college choice. This sentiment that a player that chooses not to come to UCONN is " not up for the challenge" or "don't' want to be great"-not your post per se or "setting your personal bar low" is played out. Kids choose a college for a variety of reasons, among them is wanting to stay close to home.

You're right, in that I didn't say she would be wasn't up to some challenge. I specifically mentioned Illinois (only) and not with regard to Tori personally. My post more than suggests that Illinois WBB isn't regarded in this community, and it isn't. They don't get much coverage, even on local stations that have painted their news sets orange and blue. Illini basketball languished under their last few years with Theresa Grentz, and got even worse under Jolette Law. When it was clear that Law had to go, Illinois waited another year or so to get that done. No rush. Not exactly a sign of high expectations. But let's be clear: as I posted before, I only hope that the program Ms. McCoy chooses is right for HER. Her right reasons for that choice are mostly irrelevant to me. It's her thing to deal with, not mine. About that, at the least, we are in agreement. There, I have said it again. As to some other points:

Dragging Morgan's sister into your response was rather off-target, but that's your choice and right.

And there's a difference between recruiting one good (even really good) player and contending for a national championship.

And (this was the main point of my earlier post), ND is reasonably close to Champaign. Closer than Champaign is to Chicago. And people here don't regard Chicago as "far from home." ND is maybe two hours drive. I'm not trying to be dogmatic, nor irritate anybody. So, let me put it this way. If Matt Bollant lands ANY top-20 player who was also actively recruited by ND, UConn, and LVille, it will be one rather large feather in that coach's hat. Even so, I don't see Illinois as a top-20 contender anytime soon. I live rather close to the evidence.

Reaction Score
Let the kid have space and enjoy her last moments as a HS player without pressure...........Go Tori!!!!

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
You're right, in that I didn't say she would be wasn't up to some challenge. I specifically mentioned Illinois (only) and not with regard to Tori personally. My post more than suggests that Illinois WBB isn't regarded in this community, and it isn't. They don't get much coverage, even on local stations that have painted their news sets orange and blue. Illini basketball languished under their last few years with Theresa Grentz, and got even worse under Jolette Law. When it was clear that Law had to go, Illinois waited another year or so to get that done. No rush. Not exactly a sign of high expectations. But let's be clear: as I posted before, I only hope that the program Ms. McCoy chooses is right for HER. Her right reasons for that choice are mostly irrelevant to me. It's her thing to deal with, not mine. About that, at the least, we are in agreement. There, I have said it again. As to some other points:

Dragging Morgan's sister into your response was rather off-target, but that's your choice and right.

And there's a difference between recruiting one good (even really good) player and contending for a national championship.

And (this was the main point of my earlier post), ND is reasonably close to Champaign. Closer than Champaign is to Chicago. And people here don't regard Chicago as "far from home." ND is maybe two hours drive. I'm not trying to be dogmatic, nor irritate anybody. So, let me put it this way. If Matt Bollant lands ANY top-20 player who was also actively recruited by ND, UConn, and LVille, it will be one rather large feather in that coach's hat. Even so, I don't see Illinois as a top-20 contender anytime soon. I live rather close to the evidence.
Regardless of what you think of the University of Illinois or your proximity to it, Tori McCoy has indicated that the school is under consideration as one of her choices. For you to opine that her choice of Illinois would be "setting your personal bar low" is a very disparaging remark. Please take the time to read UCMiami's post on the subject. He has provided a very good example of a player who chose her own path as opposed to a power house school like ND.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Whatever. My lack of respect is for the local Big 10 team, not for the local player. I'm done with this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom