Looking like rescheduled Providence game won't happen | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Looking like rescheduled Providence game won't happen

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Ah, I was not aware of that history. I’ve only listened to a couple of his UConn podcasts.

Reaction Score
There was never a chance that this game was going to be rescheduled - there was like one date that would have worked for both teams.
Apparently there were zero dates that would have worked for both teams.

Reaction Score
1) The BE is making this decision, not PC
2) The reason they can't find a date to play is it is mathematically impossible given you can't play back to back days or 3 games in a week twice in a row. I thought it was but I assume they're using a Monday to Sunday week
Is this just a Big East thing or are other conferences doing it too? It seems strange how they've handled some of this stuff.

Last edited:

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I was going to suggest Janeane Garofalo, but his post has been deleted.

Reaction Score
Not really...we've got Horshack.
261c1df1b095329101883ea6a0a6f04a12-14-ron-palillo.rsquare.w330.jpg

Reaction Score
Is this just a Big East thing or are other conferences doing it too? It seems strange how they've handled some of this stuff.
Most conferences have similar policies. The ACC is 4 games in 8 days and not consecutive weeks instead of 3 in 7 for the Big East. SEC isn't allowing 3 games in a week at all which is even more strict. Pac 12 has it the easiest, they only schedule Thursday to Sunday so it seems like they're just slotting makeup games in early in the week

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Let’s be real about this:
- PC has a good road to a BE regular season title (not their fault with the rescheduling)
- they may or may not be able to take advantage of it (good chance not, but may)
- they will not be good next year and may not be for a while. Cooleys a good coach but their recruiting has fallen off a cliff with us back in the BE
- us being able to split with or sweep nova will have a much bigger impact on solidifying where we want to be in the Big East, this season and into next

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Be careful there is a thread on the cuse board on how they think Cooley is theirs for the taking. Lol

Ridiculous.

I mean you guys will always be our our poor redheaded step brother, sorry not sorry, but you have a very nice squad this year. And Cooley always has been a wonderful and eminently likable coach. Let’s bond ( just for the day) over laughing at syracuse fans delusion together.

Reaction Score
- PC has a good road to a BE regular season title (not their fault with the rescheduling)
- they may or may not be able to take advantage of it (good chance not, but may)
- they will not be good next year and may not be for a while. Cooleys a good coach but their recruiting has fallen off a cliff with us back in the BE
- us being able to split with or sweep nova will have a much bigger impact on solidifying where we want to be in the Big East, this season and into next
"Not good next year and for a while" laughable

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
"Not good next year and for a while" laughable
Give us your stellar starting lineup / incoming recruits that will make that not the case. I’m all ears if I somehow missed something…

Reaction Score
So then why are they not forced to forfeit? This benefits PC. It should have the opposite effect. It's garbage
If UConn was in this situation would you say we need to forfeit games, probably not. It is what it is

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
crap happens
I dont think either team would not want to play this game - especially PC at home and a full house
Hopefully UConn will see them in the NBE tournament
Let's take care of things we can personally control

MJ1

Reaction Score
How can you be sure they will not be good next year? They were not supposed to be good this year. But 5 transfers later and a few guys back from last year and all of the sudden they’re legit. You never know how well Coach will do in the transfer portal again next year. It works for some schools. Ask Baylor, Texas and Providence.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom