Lobo is the GOAT | The Boneyard

Lobo is the GOAT

Reaction Score
Gotta give props to Lobo, as she was the only analyst, I believe to put UCONN in the final four! Thanks Rebecca for always believing and making the statement. To all those who discredited her when she said it.... bet they feel foolish now

Reaction Score
She also said that there wouldn't be any PAC 12 teams in the final four and other talking heads were dubious of that as well. So instead of Rebecca being the GOAT, since her name is Wolf in Spanish...let's just call her a Husky. That's close enough.

Reaction Score
Gotta give props to Lobo, as she was the only analyst, I believe to put UCONN in the final four! Thanks Rebecca for always believing and making the statement. To all those who discredited her when she said it.... bet they feel foolish now

And instead of hearing her out, she was called biased. Rebecca does her job and she does it very well.

Reaction Score
01Neaggrad02- - Besides picking UConn to the Final 4 she was the only one of the "talking suits" that said NO Pac 12 teams would make the Final 4!

Reaction Score
Gotta admit, I would not have bet money on us. But I'm wildly happy we got this far, and gritted one out vs JuJu and company!

Reaction Score
I think Rebecca and Deb Antonelli both did nice jobs as perceptive commentators. Both were also objective on air as alumni of teams in the mix.

At times, though, I had to mute the volume when Mowins decided whatever point she was making was more important than the game's play by play, her ostensible job to call.

Reaction Score
I think UConn always has the better players, at least until they play South Carolina. I had UConn, NC State and SC in my Final 4 based on how good they were 1-5, not on the 1 star player that carried them in the season. I did miss on Iowa, I had UCLA to be in that spot but I have to admit Iowa is playing as a team, not just Caitlin shooting bombs.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
"He knows how to in November and December and January in February prepare teams for March. And so, I felt like they would be prepared, and they proved once again that they are.”

“You could just see them every game getting incrementally better and you could see Paige getting more and more comfortable sort of being the Alpha-scoring dog again,” Lobo said. “And others would say, ‘Oh, it's because of who they're playing in the Big East.’ No, when you see good basketball, you know good basketball.”

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
My favorite Lobo moment of this year's NCAAT was her on-air joke about Albany. It was HILARIOUS.

Reaction Score
I think Rebecca and Deb Antonelli both did nice jobs as perceptive commentators. Both were also objective on air as alumni of teams in the mix.

At times, though, I had to mute the volume when Mowins decided whatever point she was making was more important than the game's play by play, her ostensible job to call.
Agree..

I have come to appreciate the mute button more and more.. watch almost every sporting event with mute on..

TAK

Moved to the right state for women's basketball.
Reaction Score
UConn was under the media radar all year. Terrible start by UConn standards. Geno tinkered with the line-up after each injury. It took a long time for the team to gel, and for Paige to get in her groove. Aubrey’s injury made me think UConn was done. It was probably good that all the attention was on Caitlin and other teams. UConn got better each game with less media pressure on Paige and Aaliyah. Here we are! Final four! Lobo was right.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom