LL Westport | The Boneyard

LL Westport

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
C'mon Coach,, WTF.........

Most important spot to be in is one game for the championship. California and the other team would need to throw everyone to assure they got there to play against you......what are you worrying about by trying to save pitchers? Just win this one and you're in command instead now you're in huge trouble because you farted around with the numbers.........

Too bad, they were in a good spot!

Reaction Score
Didn't see the end of the game, did he pull a pitcher with pitches left on his pitch count? LL pitching rules have changed so much since I coached. The old rule was 6 innings a week beginning on Sunday with no pitch count. I didn't think the Westport team had enough hitting but they turned out to be pretty good.

Reaction Score
Didn't see the end of the game, did he pull a pitcher with pitches left on his pitch count? LL pitching rules have changed so much since I coached. The old rule was 6 innings a week beginning on Sunday with no pitch count. I didn't think the Westport team had enough hitting but they turned out to be pretty good.

He actually worked it so 2 pitchers, one being the starter knight, were taken out in the last 2 innings in order to save them..........just win. The poor kid who came in couldn't throw it over the plate!! Walked and wild pitched them in..........I didn't watch it after it was tied........they don't have the firepower on offense to beat anyone now!

Bu you danzz, "why do I care?";)

Reaction Score
I watched the whole game, there is no explanation for what he did in the 6th inning pulling that pitcher up 1 with two outs to go. As the announcers said he was somehow anticipating a loss even though they were two outs from a win. It was obvious that Orel and Nomar were flabbergasted but they didn't want to harp on it too much because the guy is a volunteer.

Beyond belief!

Reaction Score
I agree with you. I live just 20 miles from Chula Vista but was pulling for Westport probably because I was born in Connecticut. The Connecticut manager was playing the game like he knew he was going to lose. Later when the bases were loaded for East Lake with one out, he told his infielders to go home with the ball. Orel Hershiser correctly said that he should have told them to get the sure out even if it meant a tie. He seems to be very uptight when he addresses the team too. Some of the other managers are very good and seem to get the kids to loosen up.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The guy played to lose and that's too bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom