Live Stats Link USA vs Dom Republic Pan Am Games | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Live Stats Link USA vs Dom Republic Pan Am Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Well that was somewhat painful in the second quarter - and especially on rebounding off missed free throws! And stupid fouls. And stupid play. I don't think the rest of the team is used to playing in blow-outs and keeping your focus, something Stewart and Moriah are pretty accustomed to.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
This is not exactly ABC's "A" team. They need to let the game "be" without a bunch of announcer schtick.

They are missing a flock of observations, among them that this team hasn't learned to play together yet. Or, that our posts aren't very good at this point. Fortunately, they haven't needed to be. Some players can handle sharp passes, but others make it an automatic turnover.

Reaction Score
What a great friday night.... chinese takeout... cheap wine..... and watching americans beat up on some helpless foreigners :cool:

I was thinking the same thing..... kinda like Houston or SMU

Seeing the DR's uniforms, it reminds me of UConn v Duke.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
We are so spoiled as UConn fans. So much more fun to watch.

Spoiled, yes. But after watching (and re-watching) the Huskies, I have come to realize what's possible in the WBB game. I'd like my national team to be a little more like the 10-time champions. Nothing wrong with that, eh?

BTW, Kia played well for Canada, and took a couple of large whacks. She bounced up and soldiered on. Love that kid's game.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
This is not exactly ABC's "A" team. They need to let the game "be" without a bunch of announcer schtick.

They are missing a flock of observations, among them that this team hasn't learned to play together yet. Or, that our posts aren't very good at this point. Fortunately, they haven't needed to be. Some players can handle sharp passes, but others make it an automatic turnover.

Watch the replay on ESPN3 later. I still don't know who the woman was doing the color analysis yesterday but she was terrific. Had a European accent.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
USA doubling up Dom Rep 75-37 end of 3rd quarter

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
USA next plays Puerto Rico who only lost to Brazil by 5 points 62-57. Will be interesting to see if they can give USA a game.

Reaction Score
In the PR-Brazil game there were 51 fouls called. In the uber-physical US-Brazil game there were 28 fouls called so I would imagine the Brazil-PR game was a slugfest. Hopefully PR will be spent tomorrow and the US can rest their starters again.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Even in a 40-pt win the US turned the ball over 22 times and shot 59% from the foul line.

Reaction Score
Watch the replay on ESPN3 later. I still don't know who the woman was doing the color analysis yesterday but she was terrific. Had a European accent.

That is a Quebec accent and she is a college coach in Canada

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
That is a Quebec accent and she is a college coach in Canada

Okay, if she's French Canadian that makes some sense. Guess I should've realized she was from the host country.

Reaction Score
You're right, RockyMTblue2. If they're waiting for Breanna to dunk, they're going to be waiting for a very, very long time. When they mentioned about Breanna dunking I said to myself, she doesn't dunk.

Reaction Score
"Lost their starting point guard" This was repeated about USA several times. Was Mitchell really going to start over Mo, the Lieberman winner and teammate to the best player, Stewie? I could see playing both, but then Mitchell would be more of a 2...

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
"Lost their starting point guard" This was repeated about USA several times. Was Mitchell really going to start over Mo, the Lieberman winner and teammate to the best player, Stewie? I could see playing both, but then Mitchell would be more of a 2...

That was repeated several times by the French-Canadian female analyst... but then the other analyst kept saying that "Courtney Williams is starting for the injured Tiffany Mitchell"... which sounds about right to me.

Mitchell is talented enough to play point for Team USA but I don't think it was intended for her to start at point.. otherwise why would they keep saying "Courtney Williams is in for Mitchell" when we all know Williams is not a point guard. She doesn't play PG at all for SC. I can't remember a game where she played any significant minutes at PG. Mitchell is a 2, a very talented one at that... keeping her and Jefferson on the floor at the same time is a hard matchup.. 2 guards that can manufacture offense out of nothing. Which is why I'm pretty sure Mitchell was the starting 2..

That female analyst is misinformed.

From what I've gathered.. the starting lineup was supposed to be 1. Jefferson 2. Mitchell 3. (????) 4. Stewart 5. Coates

I'm not positive on the starting 3 so I didn't put anything..

Last edited:

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
That was repeated several times by the French-Canadian female analyst... but then the other analyst kept saying that "Courtney Williams is starting for the injured Tiffany Mitchell"... which sounds about right to me.

Mitchell is talented enough to play point for Team USA but I don't think it was intended for her to start at point.. otherwise why would they keep saying "Courtney Williams is in for Mitchell" when we all know Williams is not a point guard. She doesn't play PG at all for SC. I can't remember a game where she played any significant minutes at PG. Mitchell is a 2, a very talented one at that... keeping her and Jefferson on the floor at the same time is a hard matchup.. 2 guards that can manufacture offense out of nothing. Which is why I'm pretty sure Mitchell was the starting 2..

From what I've gathered.. the starting lineup was supposed to be 1. Jefferson 2. Mitchell 3. (????) 4. Stewart 5. Coates

Reimer, though she's not a 3.

Reaction Score
You can see the team was set to have Mitchell as the 3rd scorer, that's why the starting lineup has Reimer, and Coates, with Stewie at the 3. If Mitchell makes it back this is a much better team, 2 guards who can create, penetrate, score, and play defense. That way teams couldn't double Stewie, which they have tried without success.

Reaction Score
You can see the team was set to have Mitchell as the 3rd scorer, that's why the starting lineup has Reimer, and Coates, with Stewie at the 3. If Mitchell makes it back this is a much better team, 2 guards who can create, penetrate, score, and play defense. That way teams couldn't double Stewie, which they have tried without success.

Reaction Score

Walker-Kimbrough makes the most sense to me. She's a legitimate 3 and that gives you 4 good 3-point shooters on the floor. Though. I would mostly try to go to Stewart inside while Coates screens her man.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Based on what I've seen so far, Reimer is the best screener on the team.

Reaction Score
Based on what I've seen so far, Reimer is the best screener on the team.
she is better at the high screen, because that is the offense she runs a ND. But Coates does a great job sealing lanes around the basket for her teammates to drive in which is what SC likes to do on offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom