literally BCS of Bust for Georgia Tech | The Boneyard

literally BCS of Bust for Georgia Tech

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Me too. I was rooting for Duke to make it to the ACCCG, but GT actually going to the OB at 7-6 would be just fantastic. I don't care if the ACC is our landing spot. I'm rooting for a farce.

Reaction Score
I don't think a conference champ having a poor record makes a mockery of anything. In every other sport, you set rules for who wins a divisions or conference or league, and that person gets rewarded, even if they win in a playoff and even if they had a much worse record than a runner up in another division or league or conference or a team they beat in a playoff.

So an ACC conference champion, however they determine it, going to the Orange Bowl doesn't bother me at all. No more than us going to the Fiesta Bowl did.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
I don't think a conference champ having a poor record makes a mockery of anything. In every other sport, you set rules for who wins a divisions or conference or league, and that person gets rewarded, even if they win in a playoff and even if they had a much worse record than a runner up in another division or league or conference or a team they beat in a playoff.

So an ACC conference champion, however they determine it, going to the Orange Bowl doesn't bother me at all. No more than us going to the Fiesta Bowl did.

Exactly... in every other sport the conference champ with the crap record still has a shot at the national title. The mockery is that in football they don't.

Reaction Score
i want to see kent state play florida state and kent state win

I don't...the ACC would invite them to assauge the football schools who want a football program. Then where would we be?

Reaction Score

It doesn't bother me one bit if they make it either, I just think it demonstrates just what a circus the BCS is. What makes the BCS a mockery is that a 6-6 team in the regular season, which means they have a losing record against 1A schools and only beat one team with a winning record, can be crowned ACC champion and make a BCS bowl, which is supposed to be the pinnacle of achievement. the ACC should say to heck with their own rules and make it a Clemson/FSU ACC championship game. Maybe they'd get more than $4 a ticket for that.

Reaction Score
Some BB teams make the big Dance with losing records because of conference upsets. Happens all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom