Line ups: | The Boneyard

Line ups:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Sitting here thinking of our starting line up. Wondering why we dont go big more. We could play Deandre at 3 right? I know we can go small but it seems our centers are foul prone. If we were to get Olander or Nolan more time at the 4 would that help? I remember Calhoun playing Olander at the 4. Seems we played bigger then.

Reaction Score
Husky Dad said:
Sitting here thinking of our starting line up. Wondering why we dont go big more. We could play Deandre at 3 right? I know we can go small but it seems our centers are foul prone. If we were to get Olander or Nolan more time at the 4 would that help? I remember Calhoun playing Olander at the 4. Seems we played bigger then.

We've been playing this way out of necessity for the last two years to get our best players out on the floor. Moving DD to the 3 and going big cuts into minutes for Kromah and Giffey (and Omar, back when he was an asset, and in the future when he'll be one again). And then our offense changes - we aren't running pick and pops with Nolan or Olander at the 4.

The guy who could bring us back to a more traditional lineup next year is Facey. He's a lunch pail 4, but too small for long stretches at the 5. He just has to earn his way into being "unleashed". But if DD is back and Hamilton is as good as advertised, which both seem likely, it'll be hard not to go to those two at the forward spots.

Reaction Score
Nolan, Olander do not have the foot work to play the 4. They would foul out in a heartbeat. As it is we need the 15 fouls at the 5 position.

Reaction Score
You want a scary lineup?

Amida Brimah JR
Cheick Diallo FR
Daniel Hamilton SO
Rodney Purvis JR
Jalen Adams FR

BENCH
Jesse Govan FR or Phil Nolan SR
Kentan Facey JR or Rakim Lubin SO
Prince Ali FR
Sam Cassell Jr. SO
Terence Samuel JR

While that's a damn good lineup, I'm not sure Adams would start over a Junior Sam Cassell. For that matter, if we land Diallo, he'll have a good shot at being the NY player of the year. You know who else was? Facey. If he hasn't put it together by his junior year (he most definitely will), then he's probably transferred to UMass or PC.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
You want a scary lineup?

Amida Brimah JR
Cheick Diallo FR
Daniel Hamilton SO
Rodney Purvis JR
Jalen Adams FR

BENCH
Prince Ali FR
Sam Cassell Jr. SO
Terence Samuel JR
Lol, but we have a chance with diallo? Haven't heard his name mentioned much on this board

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Lol, but we have a chance with diallo? Haven't heard his name mentioned much on this board

yes, that is the same question that i have....has not sounded like we really have a shot at Diallo (but I would like to be surprised).

Reaction Score
You want a scary lineup?

Amida Brimah JR
Cheick Diallo FR
Daniel Hamilton SO
Rodney Purvis JR
Jalen Adams FR

BENCH
Prince Ali FR
Sam Cassell Jr. SO
Terence Samuel JR

I think Omar Calhoun would disagree, fantasy or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RollSkis

Top Bottom