Lin or no Lin - Knicks' problems start with their stars | The Boneyard

Lin or no Lin - Knicks' problems start with their stars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Since it is slow during the off season, there has been a lot of discussion on why Knicks let Jeremy Lin go.

Here is an excellent article with actual analysis regarding Jeremy Lin and the Knicks:

http://www.nba.com/2012/news/features/john_schuhmann/07/19/knicks-amare-carmelo/?ls=iref:nbahpt1

The article proved one thing that I already knew, which is they are better off with Lin. Knicks were at their best when Lin and Chandler were on the floor. Melo and STAT don't play defense with STAT being the main liability. It is really funny no one is going after STAT's salary cause that's one of the MAIN reasons why Knicks are in luxury tax hell.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Ad nauseam is the correct term right? It's making me Linsane, that's for sure.

Reaction Score
when you say "no one is going after STAT's salary" I'm assuming you mean other players like when Melo and JR spoke of Lin's contract offer, because the media is always talking about his salary. They talked it about when he signed it due to his knees and his inability to insure it(that died down when he had an MVP caliber first half), they talked about it in the playoffs when his back went out on him, they talked about all last season when he looked like sluggish and several steps below his past play, and they talked about it again when he put his hand through the glass.

Reaction Score
Did anyone ever think that deep down maybe Lin didnt want to be with the Knicks anymore?? Most of Lins success and playing time came when Carmelo was out. Lin wouldnt get nearly
as many touches with Carmelo and Amare on the floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom