2024 Recruiting: - Liam McNeeley, the Second of His Name, 2.0 | Page 27 | The Boneyard

2024 Recruiting: Liam McNeeley, the Second of His Name, 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I dont think Alex is going anywhere. I think he would rather return than to be the 45th pick. He made a promise to his grandparents he would get his degree.
Not so sure he’ll be in the mid 40’s after his combine workouts. He’s going to shine there

Reaction Score
Liam is coming to UConn
Meme Think GIF

Reaction Score
She's no Librarian, but she's OK.

The thing I love about the 72 oz challenge is, for most people, you can see when it stops being a meal and starts being a chore. Then you can see the moment when the steak beats them. Oh they may keep eating, but it's over, they've been broken mentally. But, the thing is with this girl, it never stopped being a meal. She just kept right on eating and her normal pace it was an impressive performance.
For most people it is a huge chore and if a civilian can actually put down a 72 oz steak with the sides, that's like their mount everest. I want to see a guy sweating and trying to stuff those last bites in trying to beat the clock. It's rare, so to speak. Usually they are defeated early or they are pros. This lady is a pro like Joey Chestnut. Katina Eats Kilos, no doubt.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
I don’t think you meant it this way, but that is so incredibly disrespectful to Cam Spencer lol.

Nick Timberlake couldn’t be cams towel boy.
I was trying to disrespect Cooper Flagg. sigh

Reaction Score
I prefer players who have a quiet recruitment and take their time to make the best decision. Frustrated the bejesus out of fans, but it speaks to maturity and intelligence.

If a player commits to us because we're the shiny new toy, what happens when someone else has a bigger, better toy?
Depends on what constitutes a bigger, better toy I guess.

To me it would seem the team coming off its second straight dominating tournament performance, and which has received a great deal of praise for how well coached they are and how they dominate both offensively and defensively, easily has the biggest toy.

Reaction Score
For most people it is a huge chore and if a civilian can actually put down a 72 oz steak with the sides, that's like their mount everest. I want to see a guy sweating and trying to stuff those last bites in trying to beat the clock. It's rare, so to speak. Usually they are defeated early or they are pros. This lady is a pro like Joey Chestnut. Katina Eats Kilos, no doubt.

Her fiancée Randy Santel is an epic food challenge guy

Reaction Score
I’m wondering what life in April was like before this portal merry-go-round? We must have been bored out of our minds on the BY lol…

Reaction Score
Can we not do this? Some people on this board act like UConn is the only place that any rational kid would choose to go and if not they're a terrible person. It's so bizarre and off-putting.
With his size, ability and skill set and our coaching, offensive sets and defensive rotations, what school is a better match?
Don't turn this into a social justice campaign.

Reaction Score
Why did he choose IU to begin with if he didn't like the coach? Seems odd you would commit somewhere assuming the coach would be gone. Especially not knowing the future coach.
He decomitted from IU right after they renewed the coach's contract.......odd, but maybe by then he had seen enough of how they played this year to realize it was time to make a switch.

Reaction Score
With his size, ability and skill set and our coaching, offensive sets and defensive rotations, what school is a better match?
Don't turn this into a social justice campaign.
I don’t think there’s a better match.

But he may not like the culture in CT. He may not get along with one of the assistants or Hurley. He may not vibe with the team.

He may get a better NIL package from a school that is also a really good, if not as good, fit on the court.

There are a number of reasons he could pick a different school. It wouldn’t make him a moron, or unserious about his future.

Pointing out that he can pick another school and still be a rational person isn’t making the argument that UConn isn’t the best fit.

Last edited by a moderator:

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
He decomitted from IU right after they renewed the coach's contract.......odd, but maybe by then he had seen enough of how they played this year to realize it was time to make a switch.
He watched us smack them around without Steph.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
It's an interesting thought because while Duke and Kentucky are great programs, Castle could've gotten caught up in the wash and not gotten much playing time which would severely diminish his NBA prospects and thus diminish his future potential earnings even more. Duke, North Carolina, Kansas, and Kentucky are great programs, but UConn is the best program college basketball program now and the entire modern era of 64 or more teams in the NCAAT. UConn's numbers look even better in comparison if one looks at just the last 25 years.
In terms of sheer dominance Jay Bilas compared us to only UCLA. Not Duke, Not No Carolina, Not Kansas............................Just UCLA.

The best part of this is we still have the same coaches, offensive and defensive plays and systems, practices, and a cadre of returning players and two impressive freshmen recruits who are a fit for us. We are looking for more players like the ones who went on to the pro's to fill out the roster.

THIS is UCONN. A living brand that has the most commitment to excellence and challenges each member daily to live that out. Not for the faint of heart.

Reaction Score
Given what they put together in the portal, he's exactly the sort of player they need to be a threat to make the second weekend.

Except, I don't think Mike Woodson is it, and he must have realized there'd be better options. For his offensive game, there's no doubt that UConn would maximize what he does and make him look great.

We're going to keep building, keep building.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom