2024 Recruiting: - Liam McNeeley, the Second of His Name, 2.0 | Page 43 | The Boneyard

2024 Recruiting: Liam McNeeley, the Second of His Name, 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
While i have Ts from the various championships, the back to back coinciding more or less with my birthday has led me to receiving a lot of Ts and some other apparel. Amazingly. only 2 of the Ts are similar. Very little need to do laundry.

Reaction Score
Info can be true at the time and then a huge NIL package can be offered by another program changing things. It's a new day in college basketball. Look what happened with Timberlake last year. I am not saying that is what is happening here. I have no reason to believe that or even pretend to know what Liam is looking for. Just saying that there are more moving parts now than ever which makes things even harder to predict. Just because a kid goes somewhere else doesn't mean someone that passed on some info was wrong at the time or attention seeking.

Reaction Score
I walk around my neighborhood (I live in western North Carolina) wearing the combination 1999, 2004 and 2011 championships t-shirt. People look at it and ask "didn't your team win this year?" I reply "Yep, MY TEAM won this year, and last year and in 2014 as well!" "So why don't you wear a shirt with all the championships?" they ask.

My reply: "I don't like to brag!!!":cool:

Union County?

Reaction Score
I wasn’t necessarily referring to you, as you said that you had heard from some people when I asked.

But I can’t tell you how many recruiting threads i’ve read that the most random posters insinuate knowing more than is being presented, only to be wrong in the end. As you say, we know who the true insiders are, so I personally don’t get my self hyped up about others.

I still check the thread religiously, so I may be part of the problem.

There was some info on Storrs Central that suggested progress was being made and certain steps in the process had been achieved. So people read that and pretend they know more than they do for clout or something.

Reaction Score
There is no negative to taking who we can sign right now because Kentucky and Michigan certainly have already.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
I’d love to hear the backstory on how Woodson landed him the first go-around. Woodson is notoriously a poor recruiter, and McNeeley is a hard catch.

Reaction Score
There was some info on Storrs Central that suggested progress was being made and certain steps in the process had been achieved. So people read that and pretend they know more than they do for clout or something.
I think the Jamie Shaw crystal ball got people hyped up as well.

I don’t think he normally makes those predictions prematurely

Reaction Score
The fact that we got Liam in immediately after the Jordan Classic was huge. The fact that he came was huge. No doubt we put on the show for him and his Family. We have an awesome opportunity for a young man like him. Ball is in his court. As a Program-- We gave it our best shot.

Gotta keep moving forward and looking for Program fits. Until or if he sees the light. Liam doesn't hit me as being obsessed with NIL in exchange for the right Program. I've been wrong before. Think I'm right.

All you can ask for is to get a chance to tell your story as a Program.

Reaction Score
I think the Jamie Shaw crystal ball got people hyped up as well.

I don’t think he normally makes those predictions prematurely

And rich schnyderite and Steve Stratton. I haven’t actually seen the Shaw one on the site, but I saw it posted here somewhere

Reaction Score
You mean the coach that got the job is gonna hold a grudge on Hurley?
Of course not. The donors and contributors to their NIL collectives however might pony up whatever it takes...Those people are basically wealthy fans or supporters of the program and they did want DH.

Reaction Score
What would be the reasoning for something like that?
To be fair to guys who would get pushed out of the rotation and wouldn't be able to enter the portal anymore

Reaction Score
Donors aren’t going to pay big money to a guy purely out of spite. They’re not Larry David.
Have you ever met a Kentucky fan? They wouldn't be doing it out of spite. Liam is awesome and they want him. It would make landing him sweeter though and maybe their offer is just little a little heavier to leave no doubt. Did you see what they offered to get our coach?

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
My guess (and yes, this is only a guess) is that he's been receiving quite a few calls from other schools pleading with him to hold off the announcement until they are given a chance to convince him to visit their campus. All but perhaps one or two of these schools will be dismissed as he hangs the phone up.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Have you ever met a Kentucky fan? They wouldn't be doing it out of spite. Liam is awesome and they want him. It would make landing him sweeter though and maybe their offer is just little a little heavier to leave no doubt. Did you see what they offered to get our coach?
If it's all money, why is CF going to Duke? Kentucky fans think they can buy anyone.

Like it's been said a million times here, when a kid chooses maximum NIL over national championships, appreciate that we've dodged a bullet. We've done quite well without players like that. There are probably many cases where it's not even the kids. It could be parents looking to personally enrich themselves as much as possible.

98Uconn

NL1MF
Reaction Score
This is a once in a lifetime decision. If myself or my kid was in this position, I would not rush it. Even at this point.. explore all options and decide.. not necessarily on the Boneyard’s timeframe

Reaction Score
If it's all money, why is CF going to Duke? Kentucky fans think they can buy anyone.

Like it's been said a million times here, when a kid chooses maximum NIL over national championships, appreciate that we've dodged a bullet. We've done quite well without players like that. There are probably many cases where it's not even the kids. It could be parents looking to personally enrich themselves as much as possible.
Never said it was all about money. My initial comment was mostly tongue and cheek and entirely from the Kentucky side and about their offer. It was nothing about a recruit or what they would accept or about what kind or players we need. DH has been clear on that. All I meant is that Kentucky would probably take pleasure is coming extra strong for a UConn recruit. Even said "I am not saying that is happening here" and " I have no reason to believe that or even pretend to know what Liam is looking for."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom