Liam McNeeley COMMITS to UConn (Merged threads) | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Liam McNeeley COMMITS to UConn (Merged threads)

Reaction Score
It really was a no brainer for Mcneeley, he can flaunt his outrageous offensive talents in uconns best run offense in the country (IMO Hoss will enable that DHO, while SJ continues with vertical spacing). But he can really show the nba he can defend if he stays on the court for Hurley, I think he will have that same starter level role that castle had if he shows defensive IQ and athleticism to contain dribble penetration. He will be in prime position to raise his draft stock no doubt, while competing for history.

Reaction Score
If he’s willing to come back in a super sub role, we might be unstoppable again.
are you implying mahaney is gonna be the starting PG orrrrr what? UConn has 2 starting freshmen PGs in the last 25 years so going wit Nowell is bold to say the least. especially considering he's not even a 5*.

Reaction Score
This made my weekend! He's a pro. Beyond impressed with what I've seen of him. Hurley capitalized on the championships to keep the pipeline and future bright. He'll have bragging rights on his Monteverde teammate, wait and see.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Happy Season 3 GIF by The Office

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
are you implying mahaney is gonna be the starting PG orrrrr what? UConn has 2 starting freshmen PGs in the last 25 years so going wit Nowell is bold to say the least. especially considering he's not even a 5*.
I think Mahaney would start at PG. Doubt he’d commit to be a backup.

Reaction Score
This kid is the real deal- one of the better high school players I’ve seen in the last few years- think he’s going to surprise the rest of the country on how good he really is- welcome to Husky Nation!!

Reaction Score
We’re landing Irish from all over the place, Texas? Who knew…

Crazy to think but he’s a better fit than Flagg, right? Flagg is squarely a stretch 4, AK is thought to be back? He’s also more advanced offensively, does a lot of the things we like to do ie. cutting, passing, motion off ball…
Flagg is the number one recruit for all kinds of reasons. That debate is a non starter. I'm from Maine so obviously i think he made a mistake going to Duke but there really isn't much question that he will be one and done.
Mcneeley is my idea of one of the best blue collar players to come out since Bird. He is one talented tough kid who gets it. This is a huge get for Uconn today and going forward. I really feel that this commitment puts Uconn in a very unique position. Castle one year, McNeeley this year. 2 recruitment classes that are top of the food chain. The best thing about Hurley and staff is that not only can they recruit - they can also coach.

Reaction Score
Top of the 2nd is likely his realistic peak.

Which is why I think there is a real possibility he is gone (and UConn is courting McNeeley, Brea, and a ballhandler - currently Mahaney).
Exactly. His performance at the combine next month will be very telling.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom