Level of disrepect has hit ludicrous levels | The Boneyard

Level of disrepect has hit ludicrous levels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We had one bad game all year imho. For some reason--we had a mental block against Louisville. We also played and lost a home and home in the single digits to a very good SMU team during some transitional period when we were playing Omar Calhoun and not playing Samuels. Samuels has helped bring Uconn to a different level in this tourney--anyone think we win yesterday without him? All of these experts who keep week after week saying uconn is this is that--just is noit paying attention. They keep focusing on the front-court--which by the way is DUE to breakout--is not shabby within itself and has held its own against every team. Remember Deandre Daniels is our 4 man--how many 4 men on Kentucky have given numbers like Daniels--one of those big 7 footers going to take Daniels on the wing---right. We have a one positional 5 with 15 fouls and they can do their job. I use to think that Ryan Boatright reminded me of a poor mans AI and now he is ON PAR with AI with defense. While Kentucky handled some of Louisville's pressure--they didn't deal with THREE VERY quick all strong athletic smallish guards who can up under the ball--making it uncomfortable to move. I don't see good fair analysis. I know Randle has the best physical talent on the floor I see what Kentucky is--but the ace card is they are STILL young--IMHO they can STILL get rattled and with our type of team--we have the formula from quick guards to three point shooting under rated team speed and cohesion with skills--a mobile athletic 4 man who is 1-2 with Napier great role players and the whole team knows its role and does NOT get rattled. I know this will not be an easy game--but I will not be surprised if we suddenly shock Kentucky just like we shocked Mich State and Florida--all of a sudden you are down by 12 points and looking at a team that can than slow it down lock you down and it FT's. Hey for all of you analysts--here's my prediction--Uconn will control this game from start to finish--there will be tense moments Kentucky will dominate at times when they get it to the middle or pound on the offensive boards--I'm not stupid enough to know its not going to happen. BUT for the majority of the game--we will frustrate their guards turn them over and hold on our own on the boards. Case dismissed. And then we can hear all of these *experts* say well we had it wrong 6 times--it was the all time fluke of the tourney 4 time champions--oh yeah who do it without 7 all Americans by the way.

Reaction Score
Not that I disagree with the thrust of your post particularly, but I think we had at least 2 bad games, probably 3...Louisville blowout, and Houston. I'd say a 2 point home victory against BC wasn't exactly a great game either.

Reaction Score
Rothstein (CBSSports), M. Cleaves (MSU) and even Gottleib picked UConn over Kentucky. Not everyone on Kentucky in this 1.

What is the word we are looking for???? Oh ya...

DOOMED lol

Reaction Score
Not that I disagree with the thrust of your post particularly, but I think we had at least 2 bad games, probably 3...Louisville blowout, and Houston. I'd say a 2 point home victory against BC wasn't exactly a great game either.

While we like to think of MSG as a home court it technically is not so beating BC was a neutral court

Reaction Score
Rothstein (CBSSports), M. Cleaves (MSU) and even Gottleib picked UConn over Kentucky. Not everyone on Kentucky in this 1.

What is the word we are looking for???? Oh ya...

DOOMED lol
The other two fine (along with Kenny Smith and others), but Gottleib picking us pure mojo death.

Help us @tcf15 , you're our only hope!

Reaction Score
The other two fine (along with Kenny Smith and others), but Gottleib picking us pure mojo death.

I know that's why the "even"....LOL

he mentioned the UConn fan base before making the pick. Referenced the kiss of death aspect of the pick and how UConn fans have responded to his picks in the past.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The level of indignation on this board at the mild disrespect has hit ludicrous levels. UConn is a 2.5 point dog to a team that will have 3-4 players taken in the first round. I don't think anyone is saying we don't belong, they just think Kentucky is a little better.

Reaction Score
The level of indignation on this board at the mild disrespect has hit ludicrous levels. UConn is a 2.5 point dog to a team that will have 3-4 players taken in the first round. I don't think anyone is saying we don't belong, they just think Kentucky is a little better.
Yeah but they said the same thing about St Joes, ISU, and MSU, and oh yeah FL was gonna blow us out of the gym cause out first game was a FLUKE,

Reaction Score

Yep, it has. And, it is going to get worse, lol. It's just fuel for the fire to get everybody jacked up. According to reports, every player on the team seems to know that the pundits keep picking whoever we're playing. They use it as more "us against the world" motivation. The mental aspect of this game is huge. I'd much rather have our guys go in with a big chip on their shoulder instead of after being told "you're bigger and better and more talented on your way to the NBA."

Reaction Score
Gottleib picked against us in 5 straight games in 2011, then picked UConn over Butler.
I don't remember that...but I'm hoping it is true. Otherwise we are even more DOOOOMED than we already are!

Reaction Score
Gottleib picked against us in 5 straight games in 2011, then picked UConn over Butler.

upload_2014-4-6_19-38-18.jpeg

Reaction Score
That's why they play the games. Doesn't matter what anyone thinks, just play! Loving this run we're on. Very proud of this team.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

He needs to make a pic of Senhor squashing Gottlieb's head.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Got an enter/return key?

Although, you have to admit, the total disregard for paragraph layout completely emphasizes the exasperation (crazy), whether on purpose or not (the latter).

intlzncster

Reaction Score

The team is admittedly playing with a chip on its shoulder. So are we.

patrick

Hurley4#6
Reaction Score
They have 7 all Americans BUT we have.............

SENHOR TESTICULO!

Reaction Score
ESPN poll

Which team are you rooting for to win the NCAA tournament?

• 57%
    No. 7 Connecticut

• 43%
    No. 8 Kentucky
(Total votes: 76,854)

+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors