LeBron James Breaks the All Time Scoring Record | Page 2 | The Boneyard

LeBron James Breaks the All Time Scoring Record

Reaction Score
It's hilarious that folks complain about Lebron being self-absorbed. Considering he's been a celebrity since he was what, 15? The guy is doing just fine. He's managed to wrangle some of the craziest personalities in the game and make them productive on the court.

If you want to talk about self-absorbed, look at Jordan (my personal favorite player). Dude was abusive to everyone around him in the pursuit of winning and probably jerked it to pictures of himself.
Let’s just call a spade a spade.

People who poop on lebron being self absorbed most likely grew up in an era where the evening news anchors were the most high profiled TV celebrities amongst non actors.

LeBron couldn’t ignore the media even if he wanted to. And by all accounts, he’s done a fantastic job with it considering how long he’s been in the limelight with the expectations put upon him.

In 15 years, people will be begging for an athlete of his stature, success, and character

Reaction Score
I mean if you're gonna bring Jeter into this we can talk about how he played next to an inarguably better shortstop his entire career while straight up refusing to give up his position to help the team. But neither here nor there. I understand the significance of the record and the work it took to get there, I could just do without the level of pageantry and vanity displayed. Calling himself "humbled" while showing zero humility. Loved watching him mail it in the rest of the game too after the record, resulting in a loss. Not going for boards and a swinging gate on defense. Just Lebron playing the hits. Fantastic player, might be the GOAT...not a fan of his personally and he showed me why again last night, that's all.
A Rod and Jeter didn’t play together their entire careers…

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Wow your hatred for him is wild. Lebron didn’t orchestrate this. The NBA did. He is not self absorbed and any teammate and person who knows him would refute this

He has been a model player/person in the Derek Jeter sense with the exception of his gaffe to do “The Decision” which he has regretted after the fact. He had the most hype and pressure of possibly any athlete in maybe the history of any sport and he has lived up and surpassed all those expectations like no other player has or could. He has won at every stop and he is a basketball historian who respects everyone that came before him. He doesn’t think he is bigger than the game and other players past and present have criticized him for not being more outspoken.

He deserves all his achievements and accolades as he has worked tirelessly to get to this point. It’s absolutely amazing to see and should be respected by all of you like him or not.
This swims in conjecture
But if you believe all this you are free to celebrate the man.
I wouldn't be so positive because you don't know the man and you don't know all that know him and have an opinion based on that relationship and you definitely do not know what LeBron has done behind the scenes.
Great player - by all means
Great person - not a unanimous opinion - by a far shot

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Not a fan at all of the events that went down immediately after the record. Stopping the game for 10 minutes so you can throw out F bombs in a speech, hug Jay-Z and get absurdly cringey shoutouts from captain clown himself in Drake, and then play a Nike ad spot that makes you question whether he sees himself as the second coming of the lord. We are all witnesses is right, to one of the most self absorbed athletes of all time. I get it's a big deal but my god, don't try to say you're "humbled" in the midst of all that.
Your post attracted my attention. Shall I blame or credit LeBron's halo effect?
He had the most hype and pressure of possibly any athlete in maybe the history of any sport
That's how I recall it.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Tremendous accomplishment which is a combination of skill and health. He's scoring at a ridiculously high rate for a guy his age with all the games he's played under his belt.

I still would put him fourth behind Jordan, Magic and Kareem.

Kareem learned as he aged how to become a complimentary, but still damn good, player on championship teams. Lebron is now borderline compiling numbers on teams going nowhere. Not a knock on what Lebron is doing. It's incredible to get the numbers he is getting at his age, especially when teams are still game planning for Lebron being the best each night.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
It was thought to be one of the most unbreakable records in sports, settle down man, and stop yelling at clouds.

One of the most unbreakable records in sports????

It's a personal perspective for you but I don't ever remember hearing that record as one of the holy grail records of sports.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I mean if you're gonna bring Jeter into this we can talk about how he played next to an inarguably better shortstop his entire career while straight up refusing to give up his position to help the team. But neither here nor there.
Umm...
I could just do without the level of pageantry and vanity displayed.
I appreciate your perspective.
Loved watching him mail it in the rest of the game too after the record, resulting in a loss.
Then how about a, "Thank you."
... and he showed me why again last night, that's all.
That's all?

Poe

Reaction Score
Hooray and congrats to the egomaniac
Next...........................................
Steph will probably break his record if he stays healthy
Bill Russell will always be the GOAT until someone wins more than he had in his career.

It was thought to be one of the most unbreakable records in sports

Whoever thought that was delusional.
I don’t think Curry is going to get there. He’s 17k points away. He’d have to average 25 points per game for the next 8 seasons until he’s 43. And that’s just to get to where lebron is now. Obviously Lebron is going to continue to up the record by a few thousand.

Luca might be the only one with an outside chance to pass lebron, but he’s still 30k points and many, many years away.

Reaction Score
Hooray and congrats to the egomaniac
Next...........................................
Steph will probably break his record if he stays healthy
Bill Russell will always be the GOAT until someone wins more than he had in his career.

It was thought to be one of the most unbreakable records in sports

Whoever thought that was delusional.
Well, it stood for 38 years so….Yeah. And Steph is not getting there, not gonna be close really either. LeBron is going to play AT LEAST 2 more years. He’s averaging 30 ppg this year. He’s gonna stretch out the lead by a good bit more.

Reaction Score
Saw a pretty wild coincidental stat today about this:

Attachments

• F942D7FE-67E2-4B02-AA10-2CF2B9BD766C.jpeg
    F942D7FE-67E2-4B02-AA10-2CF2B9BD766C.jpeg
    352.8 KB · Views: 106
Reaction Score
Hey I’ll give LeBron credit but I don’t have to like him. Every year he doesn’t make the playoffs, I smile.
Take a bow LeBron

Reaction Score
Tremendous accomplishment which is a combination of skill and health. He's scoring at a ridiculously high rate for a guy his age with all the games he's played under his belt.

I still would put him fourth behind Jordan, Magic and Kareem.

Kareem learned as he aged how to become a complimentary, but still damn good, player on championship teams. Lebron is now borderline compiling numbers on teams going nowhere. Not a knock on what Lebron is doing. It's incredible to get the numbers he is getting at his age, especially when teams are still game planning for Lebron being the best each night.
Kareem learned how to be a complimentary piece because he was surrounded by other Hall of Famer/All star level players in their primes and his teams were good enough they didn't need to rely on him. Lebron is playing for a team that's out of playoff contention, sure, but it's not like he's just putting up stats - the guy is playing like a top ten player in the league at 38 and putting up crazy numbers while trying to carry a bunch of goons. Weird thing to count in Kareem's favor and against Lebron.

Reaction Score
Great achievement by Lebron.

Jordan is still the GOAT.
Jordan is like the Babe Ruth of his sport. Those guys will go down the list of hrs and pts but it’s their period of dominance is what will always make them GOATS. doing in on beers and cigars adds bonus points for me.

Still an amazing accomplishment by Lebron btw. 38 and hasn’t slowed down much at all.

Reaction Score
I hate coming off ass a guy that religiously defends LeBron, but some of the takes on here are ridiculous. Behind Magic all time? Give me a break.
Lebron can be unlikeable off the court and because of that has broken peoples brains. They just can’t think bring themselves to discussing his greatness unbiasedly.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
A point against LBJ: He lobbied for Kyrie. The idea of adding Kyrie's talent to the Lakers is swell. The reality of Kyrie is something entirely different.

Jordan could handle The Worm. I don't think even Jordan could manage Kyrie.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Jabbar averaged 24+ points per game for his careeer.
LeBron has averages 27.2 points per game.
In his best season he averaged 30 points per game.

Michael Jordan averaged 30.1 point per game for his career
Wilt Chamberlain averaged 30.1 PPG as well.

Michael Jordan's highest PPG average in a season is 37.1
Wilt Chamberlain's was 50.4

When you look at rebounds, the GOAT becomes obvious.
Drummond?

Reaction Score
I'm a much bigger Jordan and Kobe fan (hell, I named my only son after both of them) than Lebron. But the level of bitterness and hatred so many people have for the man is insane.

By nearly every measure Lebron is a better man off the court than MJ ever was. Petty, quick to anger, violent at times (punched a teammate), compulsive gambler...etc

Lebron has been a celebrity since his sophomore year of high school and hasn't had a single serious misstep (no, violence, no drugs, no illegitimate children, no sexual assault allegations). He's not only met every single expectation set for him but exceeded them all by leaps and bounds.

But he talks about politics sometimes and posts too much on social media!! He left Cleveland on national television! How could he?!?!? GASP!!!

He doesn't need to be your favorite player or personality but the dude is a machine and absolutely deserves every accolade he's ever gotten. get over yourself and let the false narratives go.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom