Leave us not forget to look on the gloomy side. | The Boneyard

Leave us not forget to look on the gloomy side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
I hate to be a gloomy gus, but someone has to do it. So let me point out that

Yes, we looked very good against the Rugsters, and yes, at times we looked absolutely brilliant, but lest we get too gleeful and overconfident, it would behoove us to remember that:
MoJet missed 67% of her free throws;
Stef had as many turnovers as she had assists;
Both Polly and TLaw failed entirely to score;
Kiah missed not one but two bunnies;
KML made only one bucket with each hand.

None of these faults, in and of itself, would probably be too much cause for concern, but taken all together they are ominous. Against a really good team they could lead to a less-than-double figure win.

dannykuconn

Cheerman of Board
Reaction Score
YES You are a Gloomy Gus
(Both Polly and TLaw failed entirely to score)
Briana Pulido (she does not like to be called Polly, Her team can call her that but she prefers Briana) and Tierney Lawlor both played 1 min and did not score. Even though that is the first time this has ever happened in the history of college basketball still a gloomy gus.
Missing 2 Free throws in one game, again I have to do more research but that might also be a first.
Its so great to be a UConn fan if you can play a game and this is the worse things you can get out of it.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Gris - thanks for setting the mojo gods right!
You forgot to add that Bria again threw up at least two bricks from the three for like the tenth game in a row!
MoJeff had to retrieve at least one complete air ball
We were held well below our blocks average.
And we had yet another game with at least 10 turnovers
All portents of doom!

Reaction Score
The master at these lists was Diggerfoot with his PON threads. Unfortunately, far too many Boneyarders never seemed to be able to comprehend the importance and severity of these observations.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
YES You are a Gloomy Gus
(Both Polly and TLaw failed entirely to score)
Briana Pulido (she does not like to be called Polly, Her team can call her that but she prefers Briana) and Tierney Lawlor both played 1 min and did not score. Even though that is the first time this has ever happened in the history of college basketball still a gloomy gus.
Missing 2 Free throws in one game, again I have to do more research but that might also be a first.
Its so great to be a UConn fan if you can play a game and this is the worse things you can get out of it.

AB so freekin lutely!

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
The master at these lists was Diggerfoot with his PON threads. Unfortunately, far too many Boneyarders never seemed to be able to comprehend the importance and severity of these observations.

None are so blind as those who will not see!

Reaction Score

Yes, we looked very good against the Rugsters, and yes, at times we looked absolutely brilliant, but lest we get too gleeful and overconfident, it would behoove us to remember that:

None of these faults, in and of itself, would probably be too much cause for concern, but taken all together they are ominous. Against a really good team they could lead to a less-than-double figure win.
You left out Stef's "aw !" when she missed her bunny. The phrase heard around the RAC, and live tv. I could even hear Rebecca stifling a laugh when they caught the bench's reaction.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
You left out Stef's "aw !" when she missed her bunny. The phrase heard around the RAC, and live tv. I could even hear Rebecca stifling a laugh when they caught the bench's reaction.

Then they made up some lame excuse for the bench's reaction having nothing to do with the moment.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Also Morgan looking Glam in her street clothes and makeup…sort of sad though

Reaction Score
What was funnier than Stef's verbal explosion, heard throughout the building and on TV, was the way the announcers covered the bench's reaction. Several kids were cracking up, and the announcers tried to make it seem as though it was because Stef missed a bunny. Don't know whether that was because neither of them wanted to confront what Stef had shouted head-on, or whether they were just dense and missed the point. Rebecca may have stifled a laugh when she saw the bench's reaction, but what she specifically said was that the bench was reacting to Stef's shot. What she said ignored what Stef said.

Reaction Score
Shoot (that's the word that Stef said, right? ;)), I guess I missed this. I remember the bench laughing when Stewie missed the alley oop, but I don't remember this. Now I wish I hadn't erased the game already!

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Shoot (that's the word that Stef said, right? ;)), I guess I missed this. I remember the bench laughing when Stewie missed the alley oop, but I don't remember this. Now I wish I hadn't erased the game already!

That's the joy of espn3

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Ummm, Banks only played 8 min and Chong 10? In a blowout? What's up with that? Are they in Gino's doghouse? ( note: misspelling was intentional.)

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I think they were laughing at the miss... but the "oh *" was very funny.

guess she's Miss Potty Mouth now

huskybill

RIP, huskybill
Reaction Score

I hate to respond to this type of thread because it's obviously being sent in fun and the overly optimistic Yarders were only too happy to jump in and make it seem as though it were a overwhelming victory. I'll point out just one of the myriad of things that went wrong. Rutgers scored over 60 points against us. It used to take them two games to do that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr