Leave nothing on the field | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Leave nothing on the field

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Darn it! I should have quit when I was ahead! I'll know better next time. Thanks! whew!

"If you'd like a good laugh... if you follow CCarl's link he excuses Boyle's play because of a lower leg injury.

That's right folks: Tim Boyle didn't play well because he was hampered by a lower leg injury".
You're welcome, I'm here to help. In your example, whaler is clearly criticizing your point, not you. See the difference?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
With all due respect Whaler (and you know I do), if I were DC of the #2 college team in the country, and I found out that my start middle linebacker was embarrassed beyond the limits of the typical human condition, and I found out less than 14 days before the biggest game of my (or anyone else's) career up to that point, you better believe I'm keep that close to my vest until at least after the game. I don't call that lying, I call that minimizing distraction. Imagine the media circus if the catfish came out of the bag before the game?

I would do the exact same thing for the exact same reasons.

Years later I wouldn't expect anyone to say: that guy would never lie

Reaction Score
whaler11 said:
I would do the exact same thing for the exact same reasons. Years later I wouldn't expect anyone to say: that guy would never lie

Funny. I have no trouble understanding the point you are trying to make. I don't think people really read threads thoroughly.

Reaction Score
Isn't it, "leave it all on the field". ???

It's too bad that a thread inspired by a positive and exciting message about UCONN's upcoming 2015 season would gravitate to whether or not the head football coach is a liar. This is a micro example of how a losing mentality can effect the moral of a team. Once even a small amount of garbage infiltrates the mind of the team everything goes negative and control is lost. Even the spirit of the Great Jimmy V couldn't turn the negativity around. That's precisely what Bob Diaco talked about when he first got here. This presser on 11/18/14 was classic Bob Diaco saying like it is.

It was in between the devastating loss to Army and just prior to the Cincinnati game. The season ended very badly culminating with the SMU blowout before an Empty Rentschler stadium. I fully understand how downtrodden the fan base is. Ticket sales are not going so good. So I will end it just like I started it. Hopeful for a new beginning in September. Those who choose to beat the Bob Diaco is a liar drum, knock yourself out.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It's too bad that a thread inspired by a positive and exciting message about UCONN's upcoming 2015 season would gravitate to whether or not the head football coach is a liar. This is a micro example of how a losing mentality can effect the moral of a team. Once even a small amount of garbage infiltrates the mind of the team everything goes negative and control is lost. Even the spirit of the Great Jimmy V couldn't turn the negativity around. That's precisely what Bob Diaco talked about when he first got here. This presser on 11/18/14 was classic Bob Diaco saying like it is.

It was in between the devastating loss to Army and just prior to the Cincinnati game. The season ended very badly culminating with the SMU blowout before an Empty Rentschler stadium. I fully understand how downtrodden the fan base is. Ticket sales are not going so good. So I will end it just like I started it. Hopeful for a new beginning in September. Those who choose to beat the Bob Diaco is a liar drum, knock yourself out.

I noticed you haven't linked to Diaco's hour long presser with Manti where he fielded questions about his dead girlfriend after Diaco was informed it wasn't true.

Why not?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Also when you get a chance link to the thread with all the scholarship offers. Let's see how those players are rated.

Then let's see how many commits Diaco has and how many peer schools have.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Oh yeah and the team loses because of message board posters. Even Jim Valvano couldn't fix it!!!!!

Carl I liked when you tried to post they had a commit and then you deleted when you figured out he went to Monmouth and they have none!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom