Last Thoughts for Tonight | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Last Thoughts for Tonight

Reaction Score
To whom or whatever: Please let us win this game…..I can’t take the thought of losing to Purdue. Just this one and I will shut up for the next 10 seasons.

(I’m terrified we are going to lose tonight. It would be devastating).

Poe

Reaction Score
Can we just get Edey in foul trouble and call it a night? Tristen and Stephon should just drive to the basketball early and try to get fouled.

Reaction Score
Castle should have a big night pulling up between foul line and edey.
You'd think all of the guys have some experience playing against really tall shot-blockers in practice, so that should be a huge help.

Reaction Score
Can we just get Edey in foul trouble and call it a night? Tristen and Stephon should just drive to the basketball early and try to get fouled.
We should attack because we'll get some layups. He doesn't foul or at least never gets called for them, he'll give up the layup.

Reaction Score
If Uconn turns it over even twice as much as they did vs Bama (so 8 TOs tonight) and Clingan has one extra foul as compared to Bama (so 3 tonight) Uconn wins. Just don't have a dreadful 3 point shooting night like vs Illinois.

DALTX

People better get us now ... because it's coming
Reaction Score
Cam has experience beating Purdue last year. UConn has experience winning the championship game.

Reaction Score
The drop coverage Creighton played bothered us. Hope that isn't case here. Had to settle for midrange 2's as they ran us off 3 point line and took away our cuts to the basket. Hope we have an answer to that now. Clingan needs to stay out of foul trouble(seems unlikely) and we need to shoot at least decent. Hope they are not on fire. May need to help on Edey and that will free up their shooters. Need to do it fast and smart. Sometimes from angles he can't see and then rush out to shooter. Hope our defensive rotations are crisp. NC St swiped at his dribbles and he also held the ball at times low. The swiping clearly bothered him and caused some TO's.

Reaction Score
I think one of the things you might see early is them posting up Kaufman-Renn on Karaban…..
JStew could get some playing time here. A little stronger than AK with bigger guys, still have the ability to stretch the floor and take their #2 rebounder to the 3 point line.

It's great to have depth.

Reaction Score
1.) Cam, Newton and Steph need to hit pull ups in front of Edey. It's well within their skillset and it's easy money for them.
2.) If you get an O-Rebound and you're going up with it.. none of this off the glass crap. You go up with the intent of ripping the rim off the hoop, because Edey is looking to pin the backboard.
3.) If we get a Def. rebound, Clingan and Samson better run their asses off rim to rim and get that transition dunk. Sick of reading about how good of shape Edey is in and that Clingan is out of shape.

Reaction Score
Any team that made it this far can win it all.

UConn is favored, we have experience, a better coach and better guards.

If UConn plays its game we should win.

I think we cover the spread, but we all know anything can happen, so I'll wait for the run and sweat it out.

Go UConn

Reaction Score
I’m terrified. This is supposed to be fun, and my family doesn’t seem to understand that everything I do today has a direct influence on the outcome of this game.

If I were you, I’d go out for a “pack of cigarettes” and never come back.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
We are better than them. But they are very very good and the second best team in the country for a reason. This is, by far, the best team we've played in a championship game since '99. We can lose. My keys:

1. Clingan staying out of foul trouble. If you're between Edey and the basket and he shoots over you, he shoots over you. If he gets position inside you, let him go. We're not going to shut Edey down -- don't let him take you out of the game by wasting fouls on low percentage attempts to disrupt him.

2. Hit 3 point shots at your normal rate throughout the game. For purposes of my heart, don't shoot 25% or less all day long and then get hot in the last five minutes. Again.

3. Hope the opponent doesn't have a statistically impossible night shooting threes. That we were up at the half with 'Bama shooting almost 70% from 3 was remarkable, but if Purdue shoots 70% from 3 for a long while, they are going to build a lead.

I don't need to make it more complicated than that. Clingan plays 28 minutes or more and I think the line is justified.

Funny. This morning I was thinking that if this boiled down to a single factor, it would be Clingan playing 28 minutes.

swami7774

I know things.
Reaction Score
We are better than them. But they are very very good and the second best team in the country for a reason. This is, by far, the best team we've played in a championship game since '99. We can lose. My keys:

1. Clingan staying out of foul trouble. If you're between Edey and the basket and he shoots over you, he shoots over you. If he gets position inside you, let him go. We're not going to shut Edey down -- don't let him take you out of the game by wasting fouls on low percentage attempts to disrupt him.

2. Hit 3 point shots at your normal rate throughout the game. For purposes of my heart, don't shoot 25% or less all day long and then get hot in the last five minutes. Again.

3. Hope the opponent doesn't have a statistically impossible night shooting threes. That we were up at the half with 'Bama shooting almost 70% from 3 was remarkable, but if Purdue shoots 70% from 3 for a long while, they are going to build a lead.

I don't need to make it more complicated than that. Clingan plays 28 minutes or more and I think the line is justified.
Make lots of steals from Edey. Swipe him from behind.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom