Last chance to guess at Tennessee's seeding: 6th? Seriously? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Last chance to guess at Tennessee's seeding: 6th? Seriously?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Well - Creme got two wrong - NC State (hadn't even noticed he was including them - they have a terrible resume) and FGCU - with Princeton and St. Bonaventure getting the bids instead.

The committee includes Purdue and Auburn to prove that as long as you are in a P5 you don't have to worry about RPI - I would guess that Auburn losing games to the eight conference mates above them in RPI probably added 20 points to their # 57 and Purdue losing to the six conference mates with better RPIs probably added 15 to their #66.

Who should've gone in their place?

Auburn beat a #3 seed (Kentucky) and #5 seed (Florida)
Purdue is more of a head scratcher. Mustve gotten a lot of mileage out of that win over Louisville.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Who should've gone in their place?

Auburn beat a #3 seed (Kentucky) and #5 seed (Florida)
Purdue is more of a head scratcher. Mustve gotten a lot of mileage out of that win over Louisville.
Yup - the Purdue inclusion requires them to rate a win against Louisville while Louisville was losing 4 of five games to mid major teams as if it happened in February. I can just see the Big Ten representative in the meetings sounding like a broken record 'but they beat #14 Louisville' ... 'but they beat #14 Louisville' :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
If you're going to use a "best win since Jan 1" criteria, you might as well tell mid-majors that they no chance. The whole season matters.
FGCU at least has a quality road win -- at GW. Temple does not.

One other note: while many like to cite specific RPI rankings, I'm not sure that's correct. The standard RPI formula (1/4)*(own record) + (1/2)*(opponents record) + 1/4*(opponents' opponents record) is easy to calculate and is what I presume most of the RPI sites use. However, I seem to recall the committee using an unpublished adjusted RPI measure. The adjusted measure gave more weight to, I think, road wins - though I can't recall for sure. In any event, the RPI we see may not be the RPI the committee is using.

The standard RPI formula multiplies your road wins by 1.4 and multiplies your home wins by 0.6. That is the formula used by all of the sites, and also what the committee sees. The only reason some sites may have incorrect RPI's is that sometimes it is hard to determine what is a home game or a road game as opposed to a neutral site. For example, if UConn plays at the XL Center it is a home game. But if Hartford played there, it might not be, depending on who booked the game and controlled the tickets. Likewise if Fordham were to play in a tournament at MSG against an out-of-state opponent, would that be a home game? Etc.

Reaction Score
Discussing Charlie C's brackets- - -
In UCONN's Bracket: Duquesne & Miss. St. right
In SoCar Bracket: GWU/WVU/Green Bay right
In ND Brackett: Iona right
In Baylor's Bracket: Okla St & Oregon St right
With #1's = 12 right
Only Oregon St. in right spot with Baylor/Az St. a 3 is a 2/ UCLA a 2 is a 3 in UCONN's bracket

Don't know what this proves just pointing out his placements vs the Committee.

At first peek- - -MD in ND bracket is worth watching as MD has talented Bigs and 3 good G's and I truly believe the Bigs is the key to beating ND! ? is can MD play defense?
L'ville at 3 in Baylor's could be interesting in bottom 1/2 could be a L'ville vs Baylor Regional Finals
Green Bay beats TN in 1st Rd.
theOSU in 3rd in SoCar's could wind up meeting SoCar in Regional Finals high scoring team might give SoCar trouble?
Committee took the easy way out keeping TN out of UCONN's bracket.
With only 2 from AAC in why did Committee have to put SoFl in UCONN's Bracket?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom