Last chance to guess at Tennessee's seeding: 6th? Seriously? | The Boneyard

Last chance to guess at Tennessee's seeding: 6th? Seriously?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
An 8 or 9 seed is all they earned in my opinion....should they win then they will face a 1 seed..

Exactly. I'm not sure how a team with thirteen losses, even if they play in a major conference, is supposed to be ranked as one of the top teams in the nation. It seems to me that a big-winning team in a mid-major conference deserves a higher rank. Haven't we seen mid-major teams on the men's side clobber teams in major conferences for years?

Reaction Score
Number of losses is largely irrelevant to the seeding process

HGN

Reaction Score
Just cannot believe that Tennessee, with 13- count 'em, 13- losses, deserves to be seeded 6th in a region, as Charlie Creme does. I think common sense says a 9 seed max. It'll all become clear tonight. But last thoughts?
I agree..............A 9th seed at best......... If they get in at all.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I would also like Syracuse as the 4 seed in our bracket. I would love to see the girls thump both of them. I can dream right.

I'll have you know Syracuse is planning on winning the national championship! Just ask Coach Hillsman:

"Q: You said that you see this team playing a lot of basketball left. Where do you think this team can go?

QUENTIN HILLSMAN: We can win the championship, win the NCAA Tournament. Everybody starts off 0-0, so we should get two games at home, we play pretty well at home. We should have moved up somewhere 4 seed, we should be a pretty high 4 seed, go on the road to a very favorable matchup, win those two, Final Four, win that one, capture the game, win that one, cut down some nets. Normally how it works."

Reaction Score
I'll have you know Syracuse is planning on winning the national championship! Just ask Coach Hillsman:

"Q: You said that you see this team playing a lot of basketball left. Where do you think this team can go?

QUENTIN HILLSMAN: We can win the championship, win the NCAA Tournament. Everybody starts off 0-0, so we should get two games at home, we play pretty well at home. We should have moved up somewhere 4 seed, we should be a pretty high 4 seed, go on the road to a very favorable matchup, win those two, Final Four, win that one, capture the game, win that one, cut down some nets. Normally how it works."

Time for Coach Q to book a room......

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
Time for Coach Q to book a room.

With all due respect, you are totally wrong.
Coach Q doesn't need to get off of drugs. He needs to get onto drugs to address his illusions, delusions, confusions and other mental illness clearly demonstrated in his quote.

Reaction Score
They be trippin' alright in Syracuse.....

Flashback Jan 2009:
After a devastating loss to UConn, Syracuse junior Nicole Michael attempts to trip UConn coach Geno Auriemma during the post-game handshake. Prior to the trip, Michael dodges Auriemma's attempt at a handshake to which he responds, "You should have a better attitude."

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
IMHO Tennessee should be a 7 seed. I'd rather see them an 8, but a 7 is what they should be, and in the Maryland bracket (MD as the 2 seed). We all know RPI is a joke and should not be used.

If you go by Sagarin, Tenn is 24 - which would be the last of the 6 seeds. Massey has them at 28 - which would be the last of the 7 seeds. Logically they should be a 7 seed. BTW RPI also has them as a 7 seed (28th overall). not even sure how Creme got a 6 seed out of those numbers... They logically should be the last, or 2nd to last, 7 seed

Reaction Score
If TN was an 8th 0r 9th seed in UCONN's bracket at Gampel in front of 10,600+ fans would be sweet, very sweet! Where they can't use any politics, or whatever to weasel out of it. With the whole nation watching on ESPN!
1/2 time score- 46 to 18 / Final score- UCONN 86 TN 40!

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Time for Coach Q to book a room.
With all due respect, you are totally wrong.
Coach Q doesn't need to get off of drugs. He needs to get onto drugs to address his illusions, delusions, confusions and other mental illness clearly demonstrated in his quote.
On off, on off. Even I'm getting a contact high. Go Orange! Er-r, Go Huskys.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
TN - 7 seed
At the other end he has FGCU making it in - while I like FGCU because of the former Mel connection, they have I think the worst resume of any of the Bubble teams with the exception of maybe Iowa - his logic is the great finishing string of victories failing to note that most of that string was against their #27th ranked RPI conference mates. Temple for example has losses in the last month which isn't as good - twice to #3 RPI Uconn, twice to #21 USF, and once each to #28 Penn and to #113 Memphis, oh yeah and they also had a win against # 21 USF. The best win for FGCU since Jan 1 - against #134 Jacksonville, the worst loss in the same time frame, #134 Jacksonville. Oh and RPI which is important too - #70, one behind Temple.
Can anyone make an argument for FGCU

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Final Four, win that one, capture the game, win that one, cut down some nets. Normally how it works."[/QUOTE]
Well, yeah; normally how it works. Just not for 'Cuse.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Has anyone ever compared Creme's final bracket guesses to the NCAA selections?

Reaction Score
TN - 7 seed
At the other end he has FGCU making it in - while I like FGCU because of the former Mel connection, they have I think the worst resume of any of the Bubble teams with the exception of maybe Iowa - his logic is the great finishing string of victories failing to note that most of that string was against their #27th ranked RPI conference mates. Temple for example has losses in the last month which isn't as good - twice to #3 RPI Uconn, twice to #21 USF, and once each to #28 Penn and to #113 Memphis, oh yeah and they also had a win against # 21 USF. The best win for FGCU since Jan 1 - against #134 Jacksonville, the worst loss in the same time frame, #134 Jacksonville. Oh and RPI which is important too - #70, one behind Temple.
Can anyone make an argument for FGCU

You've sure made the case for Temple.

Reaction Score
The best win for FGCU since Jan 1

If you're going to use a "best win since Jan 1" criteria, you might as well tell mid-majors that they no chance. The whole season matters.
FGCU at least has a quality road win -- at GW. Temple does not.

One other note: while many like to cite specific RPI rankings, I'm not sure that's correct. The standard RPI formula (1/4)*(own record) + (1/2)*(opponents record) + 1/4*(opponents' opponents record) is easy to calculate and is what I presume most of the RPI sites use. However, I seem to recall the committee using an unpublished adjusted RPI measure. The adjusted measure gave more weight to, I think, road wins - though I can't recall for sure. In any event, the RPI we see may not be the RPI the committee is using.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Charlie probably has them a 6 seed due to their SOS. In some places its ranked #1. It will be interesting to see how their ranking is to some of the other SEC teams that finished higher in the SEC standings.

Reaction Score
Honestly don't give a rat's patoot where they get seeded. But, as other posters have mentioned it would be really, really, sweet if we got them in Gampel. That, of course, won't happen......will it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom