lamb playing well in nba summer league | Page 2 | The Boneyard

lamb playing well in nba summer league

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Besides the poor D how is Jeremy looking tonight?

smooth as usual, he was actually 8/14 before he missed his last 3 shots, kind of wish he didn't take his last 3 to drop his shooting % right below 50%, it was kind of a "well, f&k it" shot. it seemed like he had a mindset to attack the rim tonight instead of settling for just jumpers, that is where missed most of his shots. He probably could have got a call or two on the shots he missed at the rim but he was just off due to the contact he received, that is where you see he needs to get stronger to be able to absorb the contact.

Reaction Score
Jeremy's offense is there, no question. The question is will he maintain consistent defensive intensity?Eventually he should get there, but as a rookie that will be a challenge for him. In the highlights I saw of the Rockets/Wizards game, Jeremy lost track of Beal several times for easy hoops.

Reaction Score
Jeremy's offense is there, no question. The question is will he maintain consistent defensive intensity?Eventually he should get there, but as a rookie that will be a challenge for him. In the highlights I saw of the Rockets/Wizards game, Jeremy lost track of Beal several times for easy hoops.

that's true...but Beal tried several times to beat Jeremy off the dribble throughout that game and I can't really recall him being successful at it.

Reaction Score
Not saying it never happened, but Beal only made four FG's in that entire game, so it wasn't all that consistent a problem. If the highlights showed a couple Beal buckets, it means they basically showed his entire scoring output.

But the point is fair - Lamb will likely have some days when he gets exposed on D this year and will have to learn some lessons.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
his shot is terrible, this is the type of environment he should be killing out there. still way too early to draw any conclusions but if his shot looks this broke during the upcoming season...

Reaction Score
Lamb isn't on tv again tonight at 6. None of those links worked last night. I am curios. Did any of you use an apple computer to watch it?

caw

Reaction Score
In other news, Kemba still looks pretty bad.

He is playing a very solid floor game. If anything his PG skills look solid. He is at 6.3 APG and 1 TO, or 6.3/1 A/TO ratio, which is outstanding. Leading the summer league on both counts. I believe one TO was an offensive foul. He also is picking up 3 rebounds and 2 steals per game.

His shooting has been horrid, just putrid, though he is getting to the line well and hitting those. He really needs to focus on setting guys up and not shooting so much. Of course he is missing a ton of open shots (15 footers).

Reaction Score
Lamb isn't on tv again tonight at 6. None of those links worked last night. I am curios. Did any of you use an apple computer to watch it?

I was on a PC, NBATV will probably replay it later in the night, that is what they did with yesterday's game. I know it's just summer league but it's kind of weird that they opted to show Spurs/Lakers over Rockets/Blazers, the Lakers have one of the worst summer league rosters I've ever seen and not one player who looks like he will even be a regular in a rotation for at least a few years and outside of Leonard the Spurs didn't really have a player of interest. Meanwhile the Rockets have 3 first round picks and another from last year all playing well, and the Blazers have two lottery picks on their team.

Reaction Score
I was on a PC, NBATV will probably replay it later in the night, that is what they did with yesterday's game. I know it's just summer league but it's kind of weird that they opted to show Spurs/Lakers over Rockets/Blazers, the Lakers have one of the worst summer league rosters I've ever seen and not one player who looks like he will even be a regular in a rotation for at least a few years and outside of Leonard the Spurs didn't really have a player of interest. Meanwhile the Rockets have 3 first round picks and another from last year all playing well, and the Blazers have two lottery picks on their team.
Yea they game was replayed at 1am. ET and I wasn't staying up that late.

Reaction Score
His shooting has been horrid, just putrid, though he is getting to the line well and hitting those. He really needs to focus on setting guys up and not shooting so much. Of course he is missing a ton of open shots (15 footers).

Unfortunately, Kemba doesn't have the strength to be Rajon Rondo. He needs to be able to hit midrange jumpers regularly and shoot the 3 at 35%.

We haven't had a lot of alums from the last 5-6 years stick in the league (anyone else besides Rudy comfortably on a roster?). It would be nice for Kemba to get on track and really prove the doubters wrong.

Reaction Score
Kemba needs to be money from 15 feet. Where has his shot gone?

Reaction Score
kemba will be fine hes just struggling with his shot right now itll come around. i believe 10 years from now when you look at what type of careers kemba and jlamb are have people will understand why uconn won a national title with them in the backcourt and wont believe a college team had to all stars in their backcourt.

Reaction Score
Kemba needs to be money from 15 feet. Where has his shot gone?

Purely idle speculation on my part, but he put a ton of work in to trying to extend his range and be a serviceable NBA three-point shooter. His mid-range game became a bit less consistent - he got a lot more open looks in Charlotte last year than he did at UConn.

Add in the fact that in college, he could get to the rim for an easy bucket or two and get himself going. Now those just get blocked, or he has to contort himself so much that he misses. Hopefully, he'll find his mojo before the season starts for real.

Reaction Score
don't have the shooting figures off hand but this is his worst performance, he's been able to get his shot whenever, just haven't dropped for him today.

Reaction Score
I figured he'd have a day like that eventually. The summer league is a compact schedule so once in a while the legs aren't there on the J. Although after 5 in 5 nights at the BET, he might lose that excuse forever.

H

huskymagic

Guys this should not be surprise considering we all knew Lamb was the best shooting guard prospect in the entire country. Guys like Dion Waiters and Bradley Beal will struggle in the NBA as they are undersized/overweight shooting guards who dont have a quick first step or very good athleticism.

I hope Lamb comes out and starts dominating his rookie year. We need to boost our stock in the NBA.

Reaction Score
Lamb has been doing really well in the summer league. He is #1 on the rookie ladder ranking. I hope he can keep it up when the real season starts. I really hope Lamb can have a good rookie season.

Reaction Score
Lamb looks like a steal for the Rockets. As long as he's healthy, he's going to have a long NBA career.

Reaction Score
Lamb looks like a steal for the Rockets. As long as he's healthy, he's going to have a long NBA career.

I really hope Rockets keep Lamb. There is a rumor that Orlando might want Lamb if there is a Howard trade. I hope they resist trading for Howard since the guy is at best one year rental. Imagine Jeremy Lamb playing with Jeremy Lin in the backcourt. Lamb will get plenty of chance to showcase his skill and Lin will set him up all over the court. It could be a good season for Lamb if he can keep it up.

Reaction Score
You seem very, very excited about Jeremy Lin.

First of all, I am an UCONN alum and a huge fan. Second of all, I live few mins from where Jeremy Lin grew up so I have a personal interest in his career since college. I am happy for Jeremy Lin because he finally has some security in the NBA and is getting paid. He is a great kid and there are a ton of unfair criticism and lies throwing his way right now. People are judging him by all-star standards in his rookie season. I am also excited for Lamb and I think he will be an excellent NBA player. It will be a treat to watch them play with each other on the same court.

Reaction Score
Kemba's shot looks a little better today (5-8 FG midway thru second quarter), but he did miss a 3 by about five feet. Also not really passing well when D collapses - looking for his own shot in the paint every time. But an improvement with his shooting so far at least.

Reaction Score
Third quarter, Kemba has distributed well and didn't shoot until he was 1-2 in the last minute. Been a good day for him - minus that one bad miss on a 3 in the first quarter, and two sloppy turnovers (which happens).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32