Lack of Streaming: Instead of Bellyaching, I'm... | The Boneyard

Lack of Streaming: Instead of Bellyaching, I'm...

Status
Not open for further replies.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I've gotten bored with following threads dealing with the reduction in viewing opportunities for our beloved Woman's games.

It's much more than a real pain to devoted fans like 'Yarders

Its a real hit to the Woman's brand by closing off virtually all avenues way to one's accessing the team.
Especially for those far away.

Rather the bother with bored and uncaring media execs, I started at the other end of the food chain with the athletic Dept.

If they don't realize the huge danger to their brand, someone better tell them.

Dialing up the Athletic office, I was transferred down to an intelligent young woman who promised to bring my concerns upward.

More tomorrow.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I've gotten bored with following threads dealing with the reduction in viewing opportunities for our beloved Woman's games.
What reduction? Seems there are more and more ways to view the games. Used to be there was only the radio and CT Public TV (and if you weren't in CT, good luck with that) and an occasional ESPN. Now you have SNY which lot's more people can get, ESPN, CBS, FoxSports, streaming. Way better than it used to be.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
What reduction?

No Streaming (even if you're willing to pay)
No ESPN replays
No CPTV nor SNY streaming pacs.

Reaction Score
What reduction?

No Streaming (even if you're willing to pay)
No ESPN replays
No CPTV nor SNY streaming pacs.
Thought that was resolved - Out-of-SNY-area ESPN3 streaming of SNY games same as last year on all games not carried by one of the ESPN channels or CBS SN. ??

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
From this thread on the subject.....

Jim Fuller:

I was asked to check on whether ESPN3 would carry streams of the games televised on SNY and I was told by the people at UConn that the setup is the same as last year so some games will be subject to blackout in the SNY coverage area but will be available on an archive basis.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
SNY is available literally everywhere in the country through Directv.
He's not in this country... well some of the time, not completely sure of his current residential status

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
TV coverage is listed on the Huskies web site. I can't vouch for the accuracy.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Thanks all, feel much better now...sorry I misunderstood

Reaction Score
In fairness, it would be easy to misunderstand, and for a period of time on this board, you did not misunderstand. That is because someone posted that they had heard from someone at ESPN that ESPN was not picking up the SNY games for WatchESPN this year. Then a bunch of BYers speculated as to why that might be (contracts still to be worked out) and several others thought it was not true (though they did not give a reason). In other words, there was an apparently authoritative source giving us a piece of terrible news, and no one seemed to have access to a source that could confirm or deny. Now we have a report from Fuller than all is well, and I guess we can believe that. But I was panicking about this matter last week, and I suspect others were as well.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Thought that was resolved - Out-of-SNY-area ESPN3 streaming of SNY games same as last year on all games not carried by one of the ESPN channels or CBS SN. ??

Well if you are a DirecTV subscriber you are screwed on ESPN3 'cuz those high profit margin B'turds won't pay ESPN enough to be part of the ESPN streaming family! :mad: I expect the AT&T acquisition will only make it worse.

Reaction Score
Well if you are a DirecTV subscriber you are screwed on ESPN3 'cuz those high profit margin B'turds won't pay ESPN enough to be part of the ESPN streaming family! :mad: I expect the AT&T acquisition will only make it worse.
Yeah, but with DirecTV don't you get the SNY broadcast that would be streamed on ESPN3?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Yeah, but with DirecTV don't you get the SNY broadcast that would be streamed on ESPN3?

Yeah, but why would you rain on my rant! Actually, my DTV sub pays for all broadcast ESPN channels but not ESPN3. So I seasonally order the SportsPak to get SNY. There is lots of stuff I'd watch on ESPN3 besides UConn, so there's that, and I'm a curmudgeon, so I like to bitch ...so there is that too. :rolleyes:

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
Yeah, but why would you rain on my rant! Actually, my DTV sub pays for all broadcast ESPN channels but not ESPN3. So I seasonally order the SportsPak to get SNY. There is lots of stuff I'd watch on ESPN3 besides UConn, so there's that, and I'm a curmudgeon, so I like to bitch ...so there is that too. :rolleyes:
Hold on a sec I'm confused. I thought since the AT&T merger you automatically get ESPN3 if you already have DirecTV... Or maybe its based on the package you have at DirecTV. I have a package they don't even sell anymore so they know they got me for life.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Hold on a sec I'm confused. I thought since the AT&T merger you automatically get ESPN3 if you already have DirecTV... Or maybe its based on the package you have at DirecTV. I have a package they don't even sell anymore so they know they got me for life.

I'll report back in about a month. I suspect AT&T is not paying for the merger by giving me "free" stuff and I do expect my bill to grow more and more indecipherable until Blumenthal and several other AG's and Senators who have finally given up presidential aspirations sue AT&T over DTV billing fraud.

Reaction Score
Actually that has changed and now Directv is listed as a provider.

Reaction Score
I'll have to check to make sure Cox is a listed provider.

Reaction Score
In fairness, it would be easy to misunderstand, and for a period of time on this board, you did not misunderstand. That is because someone posted that they had heard from someone at ESPN that ESPN was not picking up the SNY games for WatchESPN this year. Then a bunch of BYers speculated as to why that might be (contracts still to be worked out) and several others thought it was not true (though they did not give a reason). In other words, there was an apparently authoritative source giving us a piece of terrible news, and no one seemed to have access to a source that could confirm or deny. Now we have a report from Fuller than all is well, and I guess we can believe that. But I was panicking about this matter last week, and I suspect others were as well.[/QUOTE

It's like the old song said:

Speculation is funny
It makes a cloudy day sunny
Makes a bee think of honey
Just as I think of Uconn

Speculation is crazy
Your whole perspective gets hazy
Starts you asking a daisy
What to do, what to do

Have you ever felt a gentle touch
And then a kiss and then and then
Find it's only your speculation again, oh Well

Speculation is silly
You go around Willy Nilly
For example I go around wanting Uconn
And yet I can't speculate that Uconn wants me too

Oh well!

Read more: Frank Sinatra - Imagination Lyrics | MetroLyrics ]

Reaction Score
I'll report back in about a month. I suspect AT&T is not paying for the merger by giving me "free" stuff and I do expect my bill to grow more and more indecipherable until Blumenthal and several other AG's and Senators who have finally given up presidential aspirations sue AT&T over DTV billing fraud.
I'm not sure there is any real billing fraud, I've had Direct Tv for years--along with SNY--and as been point out we hundreds of miles away from STorrs or Hartford or Bridgeport now get nearly every game played by Uconn--after CPTV streaming --I now feel like I'm in tall cotton (whatever that means). But I get 500 (more or less) channels and I rarely go beyond 20. The technology is available for me to pick and choose the specific channels I want and only pay for those selected--but according to Direct (and Dish too) the FCC, who is funded by my taxes, say I cannot do that. Hmmmm?

Reaction Score
Yeah, but why would you rain on my rant! Actually, my DTV sub pays for all broadcast ESPN channels but not ESPN3. So I seasonally order the SportsPak to get SNY. There is lots of stuff I'd watch on ESPN3 besides UConn, so there's that, and I'm a curmudgeon, so I like to bitch ...so there is that too. :rolleyes:[/QU
I may be mistaken but I can sign up with ESPN3 via Direct Tv at no additional charge--at least it worked that way last year. I could give you a lead of 4 CUR's and still beat your mudgeons , in that race.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Maybe it's a regional thing but DTV definitively was not on the list of participating cable/satellite providers for sign up and use of 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom