Kudos to the forum! | The Boneyard

Kudos to the forum!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I've made two comments in other threads that were of a critical variety. I thought they were deserved. That doesn't take away from my observation that this forum has, for the most part, been very civil and instructive.

The season has been tempered for several reasons which we've all discussed! But imo this forum has had more constructive and I've observed more positive commentary than I've observed in several years!

Reaction Score
If you want to see uncivil and at times, destructive, look at the NLI thread on the Football Recruiting thread. That thread is a train wreck.

Reaction Score
I've made two comments in other threads that were of a critical variety. I thought they were deserved. That doesn't take away from my observation that this forum has, for the most part, been very civil and instructive.

The season has been tempered for several reasons which we've all discussed! But imo this forum has had more constructive and I've observed more positive commentary than I've observed in several years!
Screw you ;)

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score

STFU fluedy, you ignorant nope.:cool:

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
If you want to see uncivil and at times, destructive, look at the NLI thread on the Football Recruiting thread. That thread is a train wreck.

a few people get injured or die in train wrecks, that thread was a world war.

Reaction Score
I have been entirely positive this season. I've watched every game live, but only had the chance to attend one. Last night's game was the first I missed because I was teaching (will also missed Syracuse). I watched it on delay when I got home at 11 pm. I have to say, I was so desondent and disgusted by what I saw that I could barely read the bball board, but what I read made me feel better (ie. "pretend it didn't happen"). I totally understood that UConn was a comedy of errors and that such things can happen, and will almost every season. What was crushing however was realizing how truly awful of a team St. John's is. I think they are probably worse than DePaul without that Branch kid. My God were they bad! Throwing up crazy shots, not rebounding, turnovers, small ball, lax on defense--and to to it all off, the player that most SJ fans think is brainless, sampson, went off for about 20! It is very hard to lose to SJ. Seton Hall, on the other hand, looks like a good team to me--so hopefully UConn can give them a run and finish this 5 game stretch 4-1.

C

Chief00

I think this team has overachieved and that's all you can ask for in the short term. Because the front court lacks talent its kind of pointless to offer constructive criticism Tyler for example has a limited ceiling. So why beat your head against the wall. Now KO has the responsibility to go out and get the talent.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score

4so6o.gif

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Read that thread! All 46 pages! I wouldn't say it was uncivil outside of a half dozen posts including Fishy's post to Carl about him being too stupid to post anything so stfu with arguing with Lagow's dad. Argumentative absolutely! Whaler and some fans going after Lagow's dad? Lagow's dad even bothering with fans? Just dumb all around.

Great recruiting class from those in the know and less than two pages dedicated to the recruitment and the other 44 to pissing and b*tching. About the average bad to good on this forum in an average year! But this year the posters have been more complementary or informative as opposed to negative, derogatory, inflammatory or judgmental. Either the sensitive posters have stopped watching or, expectations, being so low, it makes bashing sound ridiculous.

As an aside, if Lagow's dad is that sensitive to respond to the 5-6 negative dudes vs. the hundred or so positive ones, and if the kid is upset that a second QB was chosen with him, UConn should not be disturbed if they go elsewhere. It is shades of the second coming of AO. First bad game the kid has and yikes PP is a mummu! Well maybe he is a mummu, but no need to having players airing it on twitter!

ctchamps

Reaction Score
I think this team has overachieved and that's all you can ask for in the short term. Because the front court lacks talent its kind of pointless to offer constructive criticism Tyler for example has a limited ceiling. So why beat your head against the wall. Now KO has the responsibility to go out and get the talent.
My commentary wasn't directed at the players but just some of the negative posting without some balance or perspective. BTW you were right about Emmert even as you were wrong about Jamal Coombs-McDaniel and JD!:) Meant to tell you this(the Emmert part) in another thread but forgot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom