Kromah is good. | The Boneyard

Kromah is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Kromah just does a little bit of everything. I like his game, and if he can keep hitting threes like he was tonight, he'll be a tremendous asset to a team that just keeps getting deeper and deeper.

I love the way this team is coming together. I don't want to get ahead of myself here, but I think a special year is in store. Certainly will be our best regular season team since 2009 with a chance to make a deep run in March.

Reaction Score
A lot of newcomers are knocking on the playing time door. Samuel, Aminda, Facey, Kromah. Not sure if we ever had this problem.

Reaction Score
I posted a stat a few days ago saying that kromah hits 55% from 2pt fg last year... i didnt mention he was also like 23% from 3 so this shocked me

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
LK is aggressive, confident and his handle is good enough that he can serve as a back-up PG.
We have very impressive depth at the 2, 3 and 4

Reaction Score
I hope this "recruit a solid 3-4 year PG from a mid-major with one year of eligibility left" trend continues. It looks like it's going to work out for us. I believe Lasan will be better than RJ, but I loved it when RJ came off the bench. It gave us a much needed spark and just added to the team chemistry.

Reaction Score
I'd like to see Omar start over LK and Niels, because I think he has more upside. Niels will play almost starter minutes of the bench as the 6th man, so I'm not worried about him either. LK should definitely come on to give RB and Omar breathers, but I'd still like to see Omar getting the majority of the minutes at the 2/3.

Reaction Score
NG looks ready to have a break out type season. My comment about OC was only pointing to the fact that if he is having an off night we have someone productive that can defend and score unlike last year when we had RJ - who was solid but not on the same level as LK.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
no offense but rj sucked. it won't be hard for LK to be better then him

Reaction Score
And 1. If Brimah can back up the five reliably, Olander is a fantastic third stringer.

Precisely what I am about to say. 1-4 spots starters/second-team can compete with any team in the country. 5-spot is still our Achilles's foot. Hopefully, Amida and Phil will improve timely in the regular season and be ready when the money is on the line.

Reaction Score
I believe Lasan will be better than RJ, but I loved it when RJ came off the bench. It gave us a much needed spark and just added to the team chemistry.

Nothing against RJ but Kromah is much better than Evans was. We will be better off with him as an option coming off the bench. The opposing defense will need to pay attention to LK which will, in turn, QUITE FRANKLY make the others better.

Reaction Score
When I did my assessment of what this years team would be like at the end of last year. It surprised me that the position I was most concerned with was another ballhandling guard.
We lost Evans, OC didn't show the handle,also was coming off surgery. Samuel was untested. SN and RB would have been on the court too many minutes.
Getting a skilled experirnced guard was the best move and a huge piece.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
And 1. If Brimah can back up the five reliably, Olander is a fantastic third stringer.

Back-up? Brimah is the 1.

Reaction Score

Nolan still looks like the better rebounder to me, that will at least keeps things even or in Nolan's favor for now.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Nolan still looks like the better rebounder to me, that will at least keeps things even or in Nolan's favor for now.

I think for now, is fair. But in the long run I'm betting Brimah. He's still going to have a learning curve and I don't want to say he's fully formed. But each guy had an instance where a short shot took one of those bounces where the ball caroms hard and low right at the rebounder's chest. Brimah caught it cleanly, while Nolan boxed it out-of-bounds. Not a big deal I know, but I see that as a sign of one having the better hands.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score

The number one thing this team needs out of the 5 spot is rebounding. The number 2 thing it needs is interior defense. Phil is the play because he looks poised to give us the physicality we need and he's even showing the seedlings of an offensive game.

While Brimah has a ton to offer and can most certainly change the complexion of the game in the post with his shot blocking abilities, he showed some head scratching decision making last night leaving his feet against a 6 foot and change guard/forward who didn't even flash the ball or look to be shooting. That indicates that for the near future he's going to be quickly prone to foul trouble. My hope for him is ~15 min of energy, 5 fouls and a couple of spectacular blocks a game spelling Nolan who will give us 25 min of lunch pail, hard hat physicality on the block. Many are overlooking that Nolan has grown to our offseason expectations on the glass while oogling at our new 6 11 weapon.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
RJ was getting the same kind of love on the Yard at this time last year. Let's wait till the season starts to name All-Americans.

Reaction Score
I think Omar is going to have a big year. He knows where to be. He looks ready for the season. One of my big concerns.

Reaction Score
RJ was getting the same kind of love on the Yard at this time last year. Let's wait till the season starts to name All-Americans.

He was getting love because of what we thought he would bring and he did bring some of that. So anyone saying he "sucked" is wrong but he wasn't as athletic as we first though and couldn't shoot a lick. This guy is better at everything and there is no doubt about that. If he has the same personality with the team which RJ had and I think it was infectious (we can't forget that) then we have doubled our output from last year in this position!

caw

Reaction Score

Perhaps, if UConn can get 35-40 a night from Brimah and Nolan I don't care who starts. I don't mean just minutes but solid production. Maybe it's Brimah (though I think he will struggle at times, he's a freshman), maybe it's Nolan. Point was UConn has solid mostly known/tested rotations everywhere but the five. Both Nolan and Brimah are still question marks game to game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom