Kromah clearly should start | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Kromah clearly should start

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Why are people so fixated on who starts when what really matters is who finishes the game?

In this case with Omar I wouldn't mind seeing it to see how he responds. Its TBD if it will have a longlasting effect but Nolan played his best game of the year after he got his demotion to the bench and was actually the 3rd C after Brimah and Olander, maybe if Omar comes off the bench it will motivate him to contribute in other areas(D & rebounding) and hopefully kickstart his offensive game.

Reaction Score
It doesn't matter who starts.

Sometimes bringing energy off the bench is more important. Also by bringing him off the bench, Ollie can match him against the opponent with the hot hand.

There is also Omar's confidence to consider. Coming off surgery, he looks very fragile right now. This is no the time to put him in the doghouse.

Reaction Score
We need Calhoun for March. Calhoun starting is a reflection of the confidence Ollie, the staff, and his teammates have in him. If there were questions about his effort and attitude towards the game, that would be different. If there were questions about whether he was fully healed he wouldn't be playing, especially with the bench we have. If there were questions about Omar being such a fragile individual, he wouldn't have showed up in the first place for the potential sh!tshow that was last season.

Whatever happened to that no transfer speculation rule? A few people on this thread need to shut up.

Reaction Score
The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of Omar coming off the bench. It just may JumpStart his game.

Reaction Score
Huskybass said:
The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of Omar coming off the bench. It just may JumpStart his game.

Completely agree, I think it would take some pressure off of him, plus what else does kromah have to do to earn a starting spot.

Reaction Score
mauconnfan said:
He got caught on one pick in the 2nd half and just stayed there, no effort to get to Wilcox. He is struggling in every area.

For me it's time to let him figure out who he is by coming off the bench and reacting like Nolan or not responding the way he should. I like KO's persistence in helping him gain his confidence but playing 4 on 5 until the first TV TO is eventually going to wear the team thin. He can figure it out by becoming a good 6th-7th man. I don't care if it's Giffey or Kromah it's time!

I know I've encouraged patience with Omar, but I'd be totally on board with making the change. We need Omar to get himself right, and perhaps he can embrace a sixth man, instant offense role and maybe put less pressure on himself. There's no need to worry it may backfire, since there's no front fire at the moment. And he can't complain or sulk - he's been given a lot of time to play his way out of it. Just show some determination and play better. Bazz, Boat, and DD all were bench guys once. Kemba too.

Out of curiosity, though, did you notice that we had to yank Kromah off of Wilcox with about five minutes to go and put Bazz on him? Four or five times, Kromah lost him (once gambling on a steal, several times not getting around a simple screen). Fortunately, Wilcox missed a couple good looks. Bazz picked up a foul after we changed defensive assignments, which was his third, but we kept him on him anyway.

Reaction Score
We are going to need contributions from all 3- Kromah, Giffey, and Calhoun regardless who starts.

C

Chief00

Usually who starts is less important than who finishes. Kromah was a catalyst last game starting with his defense and drives.
I do however think it was time to start Brimah. I thought the last couple of games the coaches were babying him a bit due to concerns about fouling or match-ups.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I know I've encouraged patience with Omar, but I'd be totally on board with making the change. We need Omar to get himself right, and perhaps he can embrace a sixth man, instant offense role and maybe put less pressure on himself. There's no need to worry it may backfire, since there's no front fire at the moment. And he can't complain or sulk - he's been given a lot of time to play his way out of it. Just show some determination and play better. Bazz, Boat, and DD all were bench guys once. Kemba too.

Out of curiosity, though, did you notice that we had to yank Kromah off of Wilcox with about five minutes to go and put Bazz on him? Four or five times, Kromah lost him (once gambling on a steal, several times not getting around a simple screen). Fortunately, Wilcox missed a couple good looks. Bazz picked up a foul after we changed defensive assignments, which was his third, but we kept him on him anyway.
Noticed this defensive lapse by LK on Wilcox and commented about it in the chatroom. Also Brimah needs some work on what to do when his player sets a screen on the perimeter for a player like Wilcox. KO took him out of the game after his second defensive lapse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom