Koby Brea entered the portal. Please please Coach Hurley | Page 26 | The Boneyard

Koby Brea entered the portal. Please please Coach Hurley

Reaction Score
these people are the worst

Attachments

• IMG_0848.jpeg
    IMG_0848.jpeg
    169 KB · Views: 449
Reaction Score
Just seems weird to bring him on a visit and be unsure if you want him
Just because a program brings in a player doesn't guarantee they want him. It has to be a good fit for both. Hurley and staff are evaluating him and Brea is evaluating our program. There's so much speculation on this board, some speak as if they know what Hurley and the recruit is thinking. Truth is we really don't know.

I hate the idea that there's a player the staff really wants but we end up losing them to UK or Dook. We beat out the field for McNeeley, so let's see how things play out.

Reaction Score
I hate the idea that there's a player the staff really wants but we end up losing them to UK or Dook. We beat out the field for McNeeley, so let's see how things play out.
Winning the McNeeley sweepstakes gives the other schools ammo when fighting for the scraps at similar positions.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Not convinced that Trilly always knows what he's talking about.
He doesn’t. The cult of Trilly is something to behold these days. Guy is a genius making 40k a month now because 18 months ago he would get some good info and post it on Twitter.

He still gets good info, but he is not the be all end all of anything, and just one of many who get info sometimes. People worship him. Its hilarious.

What he is the best at is creating a schtick and monetizing the hell out of it before anyone could figure it out. Big props there.

Reaction Score
is his visit Kentucky back on?

I hope UCONN doesn’t blow this by going after too many recruits. With McNeelley and Reed committed, locking in Brea is all we need to do to guarantee a good team.

Reaction Score
He doesn’t. The cult of Trilly is something to behold these days. Guy is a genius making 40k a month now because 18 months ago he would get some good info and post it on Twitter.

He still gets good info, but he is not the be all end all of anything, and just one of many who get info sometimes. People worship him. Its hilarious.

What he is the best at is creating a schtick and monetizing the hell out of it before anyone could figure it out. Big props there.
I’m surprised he hasn’t been outted yet, or has he? I’d imagine people in the industry know who it is. I’m genuinely curious who it is. It’s a weird schtick but clearly making some money off of it.

I’d be happy to get Brea, never a bad thing getting a guy who can shoot it like he can. I’d still lean Mahaney given the roster needs for another ball handler but getting 1/2 feels like a big win.

Reaction Score
Crazy. If remotely true, go with the New Yorker, whom happens to be a stretch 4. You can find a ball handler anywhere.
lol...yeah you can find good ball handlers "anywhere"...it's the exact opposite - shooters you can find anywhere, competent ballhandlers not so much

Reaction Score
Seems fairly simple to me. We want Aidan as he fits a definitive need. If we take Brea, we may think, and rightfully so, that loses Aidan.
There's room for both. They fit different needs. Aidan gives us another versatile combo guard who can handle, pass and score. Brea is more a 2/3 combo who's been more an instant offense from deep.

We really have no idea what Hurley is thinking, nor what these recruits want. Even if Hurley wants both, maybe one or both aren't sold on what their role might be. Based on what we know about Hurley, he doesn't promise anything. He shares what the recruits role might be and what they can earn as far as PT is concerned. Many other coaches promise a recruit something that they actually can't guarantee.

It's fine to speculate. That's what a forum like the Boneyard is all about. But so many seem to know things that none of us really know. There aren't even any articles that have all these speculations. Well there was one article that speculated that Brea had chosen UConn because his Dook visit was canceled, but now there is speculation that he's going to visit UK. We just don't know!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
There's room for both. They fit different needs. Aidan gives us another versatile combo guard who can handle, pass and score. Brea is more a 2/3 combo who's been more an instant offense from deep.

We really have no idea what Hurley is thinking M, nor what these recruits want. Even if Hurley wants both, maybe one or both aren't sold on what their role might be. Based on what we know about Hurley, hedoesn't promise anything. He shares what the recruits role might be and what they can earn as far as PT is concerned. Many other coaches promise a recruit something that they actually can't guarantee.

It's fine to speculate. That's what a forum like the Boneyard is all about. But so many seem to know things that none of us really know. There aren't even any articles that have all these speculations. Well there was one article that speculated that Brea had chosen UConn because his Dook visit was canceled, but now there is speculation that he's going to visit UK. We just don't know!
There’s “room” but that may not fit the “need.” We need a guy like Aidan more than Brea. Just my opinion. If you believe Trilly we want Aidan and that’s the priority. There could also be some smoke regarding the NIL request that the Dook ppl claim. Who knows.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
We may believe there is room for both but that is DH's decision and it is very possible that he wants more information first.

The way things fell the past couple of days; Brea cancelling the Duke visit then leaking a Kentucky visit sounds like he was a) telling the staff "I'll sign right now if you offer", then, when not offered immediately sent out signals that he has other options, hoping that would land him the offer.

I don't see DH and staff adding pieces solely to accumulate assets. They will be diligent and deliberate about this.

Reaction Score
lol...yeah you can find good ball handlers "anywhere"...it's the exact opposite - shooters you can find anywhere, competent ballhandlers not so much
Brea is the best shooter in the portal. There are 4 or 5 "competent" ball handlers we can source.

Reaction Score
We may believe there is room for both but that is DH's decision and it is very possible that he wants more information first.

The way things fell the past couple of days; Brea cancelling the Duke visit then leaking a Kentucky visit sounds like he was a) telling the staff "I'll sign right now if you offer", then, when not offered immediately sent out signals that he has other options, hoping that would land him the offer.

I don't see DH and staff adding pieces solely to accumulate assets. They will be diligent and deliberate about this.
Yeah. It sounds like the visit was just a formality, and then one side or the other didn't like something that happened during.

No use parsing every move. I mean, we will...but there's no use.
Whatever will happen will happen. We should be fine no matter the outcome.

Reaction Score
Brea is a role player on this team. A role player doesn’t get close to the nil he is looking for.

Reaction Score
If they only want one of Mahaney and Brea then it's not really that weird. If Mahaney chose Kentucky they'd need to have a backup plan
The downside to that scenario is U.K. could end up with both, but if that were the case we'd still be in a good position.

Reaction Score

I don't see DH and staff adding pieces solely to accumulate assets. They will be diligent and deliberate about this. we could have locked up Brea and lost Mahoney. I think bird in hand is worth 2 in the bush. If there was a way to lock in Brea we should have done it.
One scenario is we had a chance to sign him but missed it because we were waiting on Maheny, Karaban decisions.

Alternatively KY might have seen we were about to sign him, and flew in someone in. A private jet with a bag full of money and said, take this money and just come check us out before you commit. you can keep the money even if you decide not come here.

Reaction Score
There’s “room” but that may not fit the “need.” We need a guy like Aidan more than Brea. Just my opinion. If you believe Trilly we want Aidan and that’s the priority. There could also be some smoke regarding the NIL request that the Dook ppl claim. Who knows.
And who are these sources? Message board sources or actual sources.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom