Koby Brea entered the portal. Please please Coach Hurley | Page 25 | The Boneyard

Koby Brea entered the portal. Please please Coach Hurley

Reaction Score
If we're only talking one of the 2, are we leaving 1 scholly open? 2 if Karaban leaves?

Reaction Score
Solo would have to battle for minutes, just like everyone else.
No doubt, but Solo started games last season and proved he has great potential and talent already. You can tell with Ross and Singare that they are projects who probably won't be ready to contribute until their Junior years, but Solo is ready for considerable minutes now. Bringing in two older guys like Mahaney and Brea would likely cut him out of the rotation entirely which I just can't see happening.

Reaction Score
Hurley is very blunt in what he wants. He told Donovan to watch his diet bc he kept getting hurt.

He also told his guys to spend more time in the gym, and less time playing NBA2k. Looks like it worked out ok.

Reaction Score
So UConn had Brea on campus but aren't sure if we want him... :confused::confused::confused:
On paper, it would make sense that he might try to maximize NIL given that it's his last year of eligibility and the NBA isn't exactly drooling at him right now. He's a totally different circumstance than a McNeeley. My read of "aren't sure if we want him" - assuming that's true - is whether his asking price is worth it.

Reaction Score
The main guy on sc is being reluctant to dive deeper on it. But Trilly is saying that we are deciding if we want to take him. But I think he wants UConn
Just seems weird to bring him on a visit and be unsure if you want him

Reaction Score
I
No doubt, but Solo started games last season and proved he has great potential and talent already. You can tell with Ross and Singare that they are projects who probably won't be ready to contribute until their Junior years, but Solo is ready for considerable minutes now. Bringing in two older guys like Mahaney and Brea would likely cut him out of the rotation entirely which I just can't see happening.
I agree the potential is definitely there with Solo but he did have a mixed bag of results when starting. If he ends up being the starting 2 I’m good with that but he’ll need to take a huge jump for us to be talking three peat

Reaction Score
So UConn had Brea on campus but aren't sure if we want him... :confused::confused::confused:
An official visit is maybe the first time the staff is spending real time with a guy (i know Brea was here before, but not sure if official which limits time with coaches). In the same way a kid might see or hear something that makes him want to commit, or not commit, a coach might see or hear something that makes them want to look elsewhere.
Not so unusual. We've had plenty of kids for official visits, then cut off recruiting contact with them.

Reaction Score
Just seems weird to bring him on a visit and be unsure if you want him
In this day and age, he could come in and say "I decided i want 5x the NIL money we spoke about" or "i no longer like the role we spoke about". There are lots of reasons we could decide to look elsewhere.

Reaction Score
Koby Brea playing stretch 4 for any sort of real minutes for us would mean we would not be anywhere near the level we've been use to the last 2 years.
Lol, not sure what you mean, but i was multitasking so disregard the stretch 4. My brain and twitter fingers were on different pages. I meant go with the shooter who can stretch the D. He can easily play Joey California minutes.

Reaction Score
Don’t high school recruits usually get offers before visits?
An “offer” is not binding. Coaches make more offers than they have open schollys. To continue with the analogy, an offer is calling the car dealership to schedule a test drive. A visit is the test drive. Signing the letter of intent is signing the contract.

Reaction Score
I want Brea to look Hurley in the eyes and say "yes, I am totally OK coming off the bench, playing my heart out on defense, etc". That's why you bring a kid in for an official.

Reaction Score
I want Brea to look Hurley in the eyes and say "yes, I am totally OK coming off the bench, playing my heart out on defense, etc". That's why you bring a kid in for an official.
That can't be a bench issue. He was never a full-time starter at Dayton, why would he play his hand at Uconn. Doesn't make the most sense on his part. He's a 2x A10 6th man, and has only 21 starts in 113 games played.

Reaction Score
We definitely need to bring in one more guard even if Diarra stays. I think the last guy we get after this guard will be a more developmental piece to replace Roumoglou. That would put us at 12 if Diarra stays and Karaban doesnt come back. Maybe we prefer Mahaney over Brea and he was a backup plan.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom