Koby Brea entered the portal. Please please Coach Hurley | Page 23 | The Boneyard

Koby Brea entered the portal. Please please Coach Hurley

Sibeerian

Mush on, you Huskies
Reaction Score
Kentucky during same 3 year period--and I'm done.

Edwards - 3
Bradshaw - 4
Wagner - 6
Wallace - 8
Washington - 12
Collins - 12
Livingston -13
Dillingham - 16
Brooks - 24
Tshiebwe - 28 (portal)
Hopkins - 33
Sheppard - 33
Ware - 39
Grady - 82 (portal)
Wheeler - 85 (portal)
Mitchell - 86 (portal)
Allen - 92
These comparisons are devastating. I wonder if it's used in recruiting.

Reaction Score
Kids aren’t going to announce right on top of another commits announcement. The Liam commitment is still fresh and receiving press, interviews, etc. There’s a protocol. I think each commitment deserves a week of shine regardless the of their ranking, etc. That’s all I got.
Peace. I get your point. I wasn’t concerned about him not announcing yet, but rather why is he now visiting Kentucky if he said it was down to us and Duke and then he canceled the Duke visit but just added the KY one?

Reaction Score
I would assume offers to players are not open ended. The players must have been given deadlines by when they have to make a decision. The coaching staff must have alternates like Cam, a year ago, who are being contacted.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Deja Vu all over again. Seems similar to the McNeeley playbook. I’m waiting until a visit is announced.
And even then we’ll see what number he demands of Kentucky and if they’re willing to make it. I’d imagine he’s asking less of us cause he wants to be here.

Reaction Score
Peace. I get your point. I wasn’t concerned about him not announcing yet, but rather why is he now visiting Kentucky if he said it was down to us and Duke and then he canceled the Duke visit but just added the KY one?
About Si's friday report.... Saturday night's Zanetto "Locked On UConn" broadcast was a special weekend edition given the fast moving portal stuff... 24 minutes of chat and he said nothing about Brea visiting KY. In fact he talked about how things were looking very good for the good guys,

Reaction Score
About Si's friday report.... Saturday night's Zanetto "Locked On UConn" broadcast was a special weekend edition given the fast moving portal stuff... 24 minutes of chat and he said nothing about Brea visiting KY. In fact he talked about how things were looking very good for the good guys,
I agree with you. I listened to it too. I only found about this new Brea visit to KY this morning on RuppsRafters fan forum site. So it looks like Zanetto was reporting accurately at the time of his show Saturday night.

Reaction Score
We may be prioritizing Mahaney over Brea and waiting on that action first.
Didn’t Brea visit first? If so, I’d have to think he received an offer first. If that was the case, he would have been able to accept an offer even before Mahaney visited.

Reaction Score
Mcneeley was a crucial get to maintain an elite level.

These other two are very important pieces as well, but they are not do or die pieces like Liam. Love to have them, but life goes on if we don't. Surely we will find good replacements.

Reaction Score
Mahaney did UConn then went to Kentucky. When Mahaney left, Brea started his visit to UConn and is now headed to Kentucky (apparently).
I hope for Mahaney and Breas sake they know Kentucky is bringing in 7 or 8 others starting today for visits. So maybe they want to commit there before the other visitors have a chance to commit. The Brea one has me puzzled as it was down to us and Duke and then the Duke visit was canceled. So would have left us as the last one standing.

Reaction Score
Mahaney did UConn then went to Kentucky. When Mahaney left, Brea started his visit to UConn and is now headed to Kentucky (apparently).
You are correct in the chronology.

Reaction Score
Liam was different, he already just recently went thru the recruiting circus, so 1 visit was enough.

Can't blame these kids for taking 2+ visits at all to weigh their best options. Is it a good thing that he is visiting KY after us? Well, of course not. But it does make sense.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Uconn Men's players of last 3 seasons ranked by Recruiting Services Consensus Index (RSCI) Rankings -

Castle - 9
Clingan - 37
Ball - 43
Johnson - 47
Hawkins - 48
Jackson 50
Diggins- 52
Akok - 62
Diarra - 64 (Portal)
Stewart - 65
Sanogo 69
Ross - 72
Karaban - UR
I think Akok and Floyd, were also unranked because they reclassified and/or arrived mid-year.

Is Isaiah Abraham not consensus Top 100?

Or has he been omitted by oversight, which again confirms the known limitations of short-term memory/recall?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom