Koby Brea entered the portal. Please please Coach Hurley | Page 16 | The Boneyard

Koby Brea entered the portal. Please please Coach Hurley

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I'm not turning down any guy who shot 100-201 from 3, and I like that he's OK coming off the bench, and I trust the staff believes he's a good fit, but for people who've watched him: Can he pass and defend? He averaged 1.2 apg and 0.5 spg in 29 mpg, pretty anemic.

Reaction Score
I'm not turning down any guy who shot 100-201 from 3, and I like that he's OK coming off the bench, and I trust the staff believes he's a good fit, but for people who've watched him: Can he pass and defend? He averaged 1.2 apg and 0.5 spg in 29 mpg, pretty anemic.
Folks from Dayton indicated he's not the best defender. He also shoots a ridiculously low amount of free throws. He's taken 23 total FTs in the past two seasons, while taking 336 3s. If he's willing to accept the Joey role, he fits the roster well.

Reaction Score
I wonder if Poplar entering the portal changed things on Duke's side. Or was Brea just using Duke for leverage and they decided not to play that game.
My phone sends me two to three dUKE articles per day, usually fawning over Scheyer and his brilliance. Did you know he has seen the future and is looking to add veterans and shooters to his roster?
I mentioned this because they have been salivating over Brea and looking forward to getting him on campus so it may well be Poplar that drove this if it's true.

Reaction Score
And still not as anemic passing and rebounding as Polley. Imagine how much we would've loved Tyler Polley if he shot threes at a 50% clip.

Reaction Score
Folks from Dayton indicated he's not the best defender. He also shoots a ridiculously low amount of free throws. He's taken 23 total FTs in the past two seasons, while taking 336 3s. If he's willing to accept the Joey role, he fits the roster well.
That's the role that seems right based on those stats and that's not a bad thing............if his role is firing up our team when they're struggling, and can shoot coming off a screen. Otherwise he won't be Joey II and won't be as valuable.

Reaction Score
FWIW-Supposedly Scheyer is trying to get recent Miami portal entry Wooga Poplar in for a visit. Might be affecting Brea's interest in a visit.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
And still not as anemic passing and rebounding as Polley. Imagine how much we would've loved Tyler Polley if he shot threes at a 50% clip.

Kinda the point I was making. I assume he's more well-rounded than Polley or the staff wouldn't be after him.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom