KO | The Boneyard

KO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
warde is not happy with ko, its a ego thing.

Reaction Score
The best thing he has done since he came here is take JC's advice on our next head coach.

Reaction Score
KO is in a similar position as JC when he took the reigns. Sure he inherited an elite program but this season was a HUGE test which could have spiraled our program downhill for years. Secondly without a strong conference he must build this team into a contender never to be forgotten. Lastly he must recruit against big odds then turn the future teams into tournament winners. That's an uphill battle very similar to what Calhoun had to do. When you put that into perspective, he is the only one I know of (especially being UConn pedigree) who can rise to this enormous challenge. Not Shaka not Stevens or any other 'outsider'. Our future is uncertain, and certainly cloudy however Ollie is the brightest flashlight in the country and I am confident and thrilled that he will lead the way. His not waiting or asking for patience (theres no time). He just wants our "Ten Toes In"

Ollie is Calhoun's last and final victory as a Coach. Long live Calhoun!

Reaction Score
KO is in a similar position as JC when he took the reigns. Sure he inherited an elite program but this season was a HUGE test which could have spiraled our program downhill for years. Secondly without a strong conference he must build this team into a contender never to be forgotten. Lastly he must recruit against big odds then turn the future teams into tournament winners. That's an uphill battle very similar to what Calhoun had to do. When you put that into perspective, he is the only one I know of (especially being UConn pedigree) who can rise to this enormous challenge. Not Shaka not Stevens or any other 'outsider'. Our future is uncertain, and certainly cloudy however Ollie is the brightest flashlight in the country and I am confident and thrilled that he will lead the way. His not waiting or asking for patience (theres no time). He just wants our "Ten Toes In"

Ollie is Calhoun's last and final victory as a Coach. Long live Calhoun!
And next man up!

Reaction Score
Is anyone as happy as I am that he is our new head coach?

If he is not the coach of the year in the BE no one is playing attention.

Im as happy as mutombo blocking a shot;) I believed as many here did in ko from day one. this guy is a rising star in college coaching and is going to be successful. the man doesnt know how to fail. hes a winner plain and simple. can you imagine what he can accomplish when he gets some a full squad of talented players?
With every win i think of something heard a couple years ago from mike fatcessa who said something like "once calhoun is gone uconn will be irrelevent and never be a major player on the national scene again" i never forgot that and it has really stuck with me for some reason but it motivates me to support this program even more so that when ko lifts that national title trophy over his head we can all as a collective fan base give the finger to all the haters and doubters who also echoed fatcessas sentiment.

Reaction Score
I won't be surprised if we win multiple national championships under KO (and maybe have another coach in the Hall of Fame).

Reaction Score
The most amazing thing is that 3 years ago he was playing in the NBA. He only has two years of coaching experience at any level and look how good he is already. He still has so much to learn and he is already an incredible coach. It's really awesome to think of how amazing he is going to be. So happy to be a Husky fan right now.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
The most amazing thing is that 3 years ago he was playing in the NBA. He only has two years of coaching experience at any level and look how good he is already. He still has so much to learn and he is already an incredible coach. It's really awesome to think of how amazing he is going to be. So happy to be a Husky fan right now.

Musberger, during one of his stream of consciousness episodes during the game, listed the pro coaches that Ollie played for.

It was a very impressive list.

And when one considers the kind of "student" that Ollie has been for his entire basketball career, he came to UConn with an "academic" record that is unmatched.

Look at the folks he has learned from.

And, BTW, UConn has just entered "The Elite of College Basketball".

What I mean by that is this:
Whenever folks consider the top programs in NCAA basketball, the success of these programs is measured "over time". Which is to say that you have to consider the status of the program, not just its success under a particular (or the most recent) head coach.

At least, that is the way I view the reservations people have about considering UConn alongside UCLA, Kentucky, Kansas, Indiana, North Carolina, etc. "Calhoun had exceptional success, but what kind of "program" has UConn really had?", kind of thing.

With the baton having been passed to KO....we get to break through that "glass ceiling".

The fact that Calhoun, the mentor, was able to hand off the baton to his hand picked protege is simply the icing on the very tasty cake.

This season has already claimed a special place in my heart.... Not quite an NC....but it's up there.

Reaction Score
Is anyone as happy as I am that he is our new head coach?

If he is not the coach of the year in the BE no one is playing attention.

How do you play attention? Is it fun?

Just kidding, I agree.

Reaction Score
Musberger, during one of his stream of consciousness episodes during the game, listed the pro coaches that Ollie played for.

It was a very impressive list.

And when one considers the kind of "student" that Ollie has been for his entire basketball career, he came to UConn with an "academic" record that is unmatched.

Look at the folks he has learned from.

And, BTW, UConn has just entered "The Elite of College Basketball".

What I mean by that is this:
Whenever folks consider the top programs in NCAA basketball, the success of these programs is measured "over time". Which is to say that you have to consider the status of the program, not just its success under a particular (or the most recent) head coach.

At least, that is the way I view the reservations people have about considering UConn alongside UCLA, Kentucky, Kansas, Indiana, North Carolina, etc. "Calhoun had exceptional success, but what kind of "program" has UConn really had?", kind of thing.

With the baton having been passed to KO....we get to break through that "glass ceiling".

The fact that Calhoun, the mentor, was able to hand off the baton to his hand picked protege is simply the icing on the very tasty cake.

This season has already claimed a special place in my heart.... Not quite an NC....but it's up there.

Dykes was actually pretty good at showing that UConn had scouted Syracuse well. He talked about the fact that CJ Fair favors his left, and when he takes it left, he dribbles and penetrates. When he take it right, he settles for a jump shot. He saw UConn hedging the whole game and mentioned that Ollie was on top of things.

Reaction Score

I know this may seem like "I told you so" but several of us said last summer that 13 or 14 years in the NBA as a point guard might help you learn and understand an awful lot about basketball strategy and preparation. Many even here dismissed the idea, some even aid they'd rather have Hopkins' bench experience.

I also felt strongly that Calhoun was the expert on these matters, and the school should defer to his knowledge. Manuel is a former athlete--but in football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom