KO out as Nets coach | Page 3 | The Boneyard

KO out as Nets coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
At the time, as the season wore on, I felt that the team started paying more attention to their floor general than their coach. By the 2nd or 3rd round of the tourney, it felt to me like the team was looking to Bazz more than Ollie for direction and inspiration.
Even if that was the case, who gets credit for developing Bazz for 3 years?

If Ollie could do nothing else, he knew how to coach guards with the best of them.

That was the natural, intentional, development of our guards during that era it seems. Eventually they got to the point where they can act as an extension of the coach on the floor.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
At the time, as the season wore on, I felt that the team started paying more attention to their floor general than their coach. By the 2nd or 3rd round of the tourney, it felt to me like the team was looking to Bazz more than Ollie for direction and inspiration.
I've heard this revisionist history for far too long. We were getting blown off the court against Villanova until Shabazz got his second foul and needed to sit for the remainder of the half. Not one person who tried to sell the "we had a coach on the floor" line has ever been able to provide a rational explanation for that.

One fact that many attempt to overlook is that KO had his finger on the pulse of that team at a level beyond anything I had seen anywhere, before or after that run. Yes, what he did in the following years running the program was complete malfeasance. I just don't get why people want to believe he never did anything positive while he was here.

Reaction Score
Thought it would have happened last season after the NC. Didn’t seem that way. After this NC there has been a significant reduction in hate. It’s better for the program to move on and primarily look at the positive.

Six national championships in twenty five years with three different coaches is the narrative being circulated.

I really don't think of Ollie often. I think the answer for me is that when you take the trash out, there ain't any reason to bring it back in. The natty is legit, he had all the potential in the world, and turned into a piece of garbage. That's it.

Reaction Score
I kind of remember thinking at the time, This is Napier's team...Right LOL....what a stupid take from someone who needs a hobby. Just stop and get over yourselves.

Reaction Score
I really don't think of Ollie often. I think the answer for me is that when you take the trash out, there ain't any reason to bring it back in. The natty is legit, he had all the potential in the world, and turned into a piece of garbage. That's it.
Little harsh. He had his failures. Garbage is such a low life term to use. Be better. Difference between disappointment and taking it personally. Grow up.

Reaction Score
Little harsh. He had his failures. Garbage is such a low life term to use. Be better. Difference between disappointment and taking it personally. Grow up.

Do you know what KO did in the locker room and after practice? Because I do.

Mind your business if you don't know what you're talking about, or I'm going to have to start calling you boomer again.

Reaction Score
Do you know what KO did in the locker room and after practice? Because I do.

Mind your business if you don't know what you're talking about, or I'm going to have to start calling you boomer again.
Sure you do. Call me what you like.

Reaction Score
You're arguing with the biggest con artist on the boneyard. Nobody makes up more lies than that fool. He literally makes up crap all the time... all from his parents basement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom