KO out as Nets coach | The Boneyard

KO out as Nets coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Looks like KO will not be retained and the Nets will hire Jordi Fernandez

Reaction Score
11-17 (.393) with him, 21-33 (.389) before him

Brooklyn is a tough job. Their star player is Mikal Bridges, Ben Simmons doesn’t want to play anymore on a $40M contract, and they have 1 first round draft pick until 2027

I think they just have to blow it up soon and trade their good players for draft assets. This next coach is a holdover coach and will be fired after the front office sees a light at the end of the tunnel

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
I think they just have to blow it up soon and trade their good players for draft assets.
They should trade Bridges Houston for their own picks, which would allow them to tank effectively. Could maybe get a nice young player (Eason? Whitmore?) out of it, too.

And Bridges is exactly what Houston need to take a step forward next year. Honestly, this might be the most obvious deal in the league for this summer.

Reaction Score
I wonder if they inquired with the NJ guy’s agent.
Possible.

The NJ guy did say he would not coach at another college job other than the one he's at but has expressed interest in coaching in the NBA one day and this one would have allowed he and his wife to reside in a desirable living area unlike another college job that was recently waived in front of him.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I'm just happy they didn't replace him with a NJ guy who once replaced Ollie at another job.
big brother pop GIF by Big Brother After Dark

Reaction Score
If the purpose of your post was to impress me with a cool camera trick you succeeded. I noticed that the ball in the second frame was half the size of the ball in the first frame. Well done.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Ollie won the 2014 National Title. That is all.
The first sentence is an undeniably true statement. I watched it all, and it was great to see UConn defeat the top team in the A-10, Big East, Big 10, Big 12, and then the top two teams in the SEC.

Over 3 consecutive weekends, Kevin Ollie earned coaching victories over Martelli, Wright, Izzo, Hoiberg, Donovan, and Calipari.

Your second sentence is not true. The first sentence is partial, not "all." For you to claim otherwise looks like some kind of a attempt to control the narrative.

An observant & fair-minded person would acknowledge the apparent deficiencies in your claiming, "That is all." That's what I'm doing.

I believe you are being overly conclusive, misleading, untruthful, and manipulative...or at least trying to be when you right, "That is all." I could better accept it if you wrote, "That is all that matters to me," or, "That means more to me than anything else related to him." Literally anything else that represented your honest thoughts and emotions would be better than a final prouncement of what is "all." That's a sham.

I find the effect of your second sentence harmful to those who celebrate and/or admit to your first sentence, to those who dislike how Kevin Ollie has been treated by his detractors, to those who dislike how Kevin Ollie performed not long afterward, to those still feeling strong unfavorable emotions about the period after the National Championship, to UConn's current program success, to nascent efforts to bridge gaps that developed in the past decade, and more.

Last edited:

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Not as prophetic as Hurley’s “it’s coming” statement, but Ollie did say we were going to win the NCAA tourney game against Villanova at halftime when we were down.
Before going into the locker room, Kevin Ollie said, "We're gonna win this game." I thought it was bold to point of preposterousness. UConn won. I was wrong.

I felt similarilarly strained and skeptical when Dan Hurley said, "You better get us now..." Even though I believed there was improvement in the horizon, I never imagined it would be what we have witnessed these past two seasons. I was wrong.

I've been impressed that a three-peat has been stated as the team's current goal. That's some crazy-ass statement I'd never make. But I haven't rule it out. I want to see the 2024-25 season (already in progress) unfold one day at a time.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I have a strong suspicion that down the road (time will vary, depending on the person) most will have put thwe hate behind them and when they do they'll reflect on it and say to themselves "I really should have gotten past this earlier".

Reaction Score
The first sentence is an undeniably true statement. I watched it all, and it was great to see UConn defeat the top team in the A-10, Big East, Big 10, Big 12, and then the top two teams in the SEC.

Over 3 consecutive weekends, Kevin Ollie earned coaching victories over Martelli, Wright, Izzo, Hoiberg, Donovan, and Calipari.

Your second sentence is not true. The first sentence is partial, not "all." For you to claim otherwise looks like some kind of a attempt to control the narrative.

An observant & fair-minded person would acknowledge the apparent deficiencies in your claiming, "That is all." That's what I'm doing.

I believe you are being overly conclusive, misleading, untruthful, and manipulative...or at least trying to be when you right, "That is all." I could better accept it if you wrote, "That is all that matters to me," or, "That means more to me than anything else related to him." Literally anything else that represented your honest thoughts and emotions would be better than a final prouncement of what is "all." That's a sham.

I find the effect of your second sentence harmful to those who celebrate and/or admit to your first sentence, to those who dislike how Kevin Ollie has been treated by his detractors, to those who dislike how Kevin Ollie performed not long afterward, to those still feeling strong unfavorable emotions about the period after the National Championship, to UConn's current program success, to nascent efforts to bridge gaps that developed in the past decade, and more.
This is my all time favorite takedown of yours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89