Knick Fans Rejoice!!! | The Boneyard

Knick Fans Rejoice!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
The Arbitrator has ruled in the NBPA's favor in regards to Early Bird Rights! Meaning, we can use the MLE and go after Steve Nash, or Ray Allen or anyone else that we may need!!! As proved last night, it's always Darkest before Dawn!

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/sto...-lin-chauncey-billups-bird-rights-affects-cap

ny_u_novak-lin_mb_576.jpg

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
And only three more years of Amare Stoudemire tying up the Knicks cap space. That's good news, too.

Nash could go a long way towards winning that coveted Eastern Conference runner-up trophy. Look out, Boston.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Knicks aren't going anywhere with Melo running the franchise.

Reaction Score
Knicks aren't going anywhere with Melo running the franchise.

I think its a matter of Melo eating a huge piece of humble pie. He can learn a lot from D Wade.

Reaction Score
I have to be careful with being optimistic about the knicks being a lifelong fan, going into next season there are no more excuses. Melo and the other top guys on the knicks have to make sacrifices in order to be a contender. Anything less then being a top 3-4 in the Eastern Conference is a failure. I will not take this team seriously until they show that they are a contender.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I am a Knick fan and I am happy about this news, and I am hopeful that we can use it to get Nash. The fact that he lives in NYC in the off-season is helpful.

That said, the playoffs--and especially the Finals--made it strikingly clear that the Knicks are light years away from the level of play and consistent effort needed to advance beyond the first round.

Reaction Score
I am a Knick fan and I am happy about this news, and I am hopeful that we can use it to get Nash. The fact that he lives in NYC in the off-season is helpful.

That said, the playoffs--and especially the Finals--made it strikingly clear that the Knicks are light years away from the level of play and consistent effort needed to advance beyond the first round.

I dont wanna get my hopes up with Nash, the Heat and Mavericks will go after him as well, just because he lives in NYC during the off season doesnt mean he wants to play for the Knicks, it could just me the media blowing it up, so far its just a rumor if he actually signs with the knicks then I will react to it.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
He had his most success when he and STAT ran the pick and roll. Woodson has admitted to wanting to use some of D'Antoni's system next year. Hopefully with Lin could learn a lot from Nash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
I think its a matter of Melo eating a huge piece of humble pie. He can learn a lot from D Wade.

well maybe if he had a Lebron James to defer too he would....he was a one man team the last half of the year and carried them for a longgg stretch. Just curious, who did you want him to defer to in the heat series Fields? Jeffiries? injuries wrecked the season not melo.....and i dont think melo will ever get a ring but lets ease up on the guy

Reaction Score
well maybe if he had a Lebron James to defer too he would....he was a one man team the last half of the year and carried them for a longgg stretch. Just curious, who did you want him to defer to in the heat series Fields? Jeffiries? injuries wrecked the season not melo.....and i dont think melo will ever get a ring but lets ease up on the guy

when you use the ball as much as he does you need to be damn efficient or you're going to ultimately hurt your team in the long run. you may have some amazing games that look great on the highlights when you're hot, but when you aren't you single handidly lower your teams chances to win by a huge amount.

top 6 in usage are (their PER rank):

1. Kobe (17th)
2. Westbrook (10th)
3. Rose (9th)
4. Lebron (1st)
5. D. Williams (35th)
6. Melo (28th)

when you are controlling the ball that much, you are going to have the biggest impact win or lose on your team. Which is why i always say there is a huge difference between talent and production. Kobe and Melo at their peak are 2 of the most talented players the league has, but they don't play at their peak all the time and are often inefficient which kills their team. They can single handidly win or lose games for their team because they have the ball so much.

top 5 this season in PER were:
1. Lebron
2. Paul
3. Wade
4. Durant
5. Love

Reaction Score

The whole team, the offensive sets stall when the ball is in his hands. It's a matter of making his teammates better, he can be the go to guy but not the final answer on nearly every possession. He does have some help, more than people think. He may not be a point guard but I feel if he became more of a point forward the team will be better.

Reaction Score
Welcome to another episode of crazy Knicks fan. Where a regular season win or a coaching change midstream is enough to create a fantasy world where they can compete for a title, or even a playoff series win!

Reaction Score
That is great news for the Knicks indeed.

Signing Steve Nash might mean they actually make a run to the...wait for it...SECOND ROUND!!!

Reaction Score
With Nash's great history of getting teams to the Finals, a lot of teams will want him.......

I doubt the Knicks will tie up that much money at the Point to sign Lin and Nash, but it is possible. The knicks need to ditch Amare if they want to win, but no one would trade for him.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
STAT is at his best with a premiere point gaurd

Reaction Score
They should try to do a sign and trade with Lin. I can't think of a more overhyped player.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
Dolan isn't letting go of that Linsanity cash cow. I'd be more comfortable with Lin coming off the bench next year for a full 82 game season and then starting the following year. He's definitely proved that he can play at this level.

Reaction Score
Dolan isn't letting go of that Linsanity cash cow. I'd be more comfortable with Lin coming off the bench next year for a full 82 game season and then starting the following year. He's definitely proved that he can play at this level.

Agreed and I don't think Nash will take the mid-level from a team that isn't a top 5 team. No way Knicks let go of Lin...though I would consider it for the right deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc