KML in starting lineup | The Boneyard

KML in starting lineup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
That's great news! I hope she's back to herself by the later rounds of the NCAA's. The elbow was bad enough. It's about time things worked out for her.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Yay! Great news. Show everyone that you are still the best shooter in the country. And one of the best overall players.

Reaction Score
That's quiet a remarkable recovery. I'll be the first to admit that I was completely wrong about the timeline of her recovery, I really thought she was essentially done for the year. This is great news for Kaleena and the team, so glad she was able to recover and be back out on the court for the final home game of the regular season!

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
That's quiet a remarkable recovery. I'll be the first to admit that I was completely wrong about the timeline of her recovery, I really thought she was essentially done for the year. This is great news for Kaleena and the team, so glad she was able to recover and be back out on the court for the final home game of the regular season!

I have a feeling she had it and was trying to play through it thinking it was just a cold. Frequently Mono starts with a cold. Come to think of it it seemed like she struggled a bit those last couple games she played. Not that she was bad, just not her explosive self.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I'm happily eating crow here too.

Let's see though, last time she came back from time off she hit 7 3pts. :D

Reaction Score
Rust all over her game today: some poor passes and a bunch of misses. But, UConn didn't need her much, so a good game to get some anti-rust time.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
NVUConnFan said:
Rust all over her game today: some poor passes and a bunch of misses. But, UConn didn't need her much, so a good game to get some anti-rust time.
. Can't disagree with this, but as you imply, any KML is better than no KML. I got to see her hit a three, ergo , I got my money's worth tonight.

Reaction Score
Anybody else surprised she played 27 minutes in a blowout? I thought for sure she would be brought along slowly with the ultimate goal of having her back in game shape for the NCAA tournament. No doubt she is rusty but.....:confused:

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Anybody else surprised she played 27 minutes in a blowout? I thought for sure she would be brought along slowly with the ultimate goal of having her back in game shape for the NCAA tournament. No doubt she is rusty but.....:confused:
I'm sure it was all c learned with the doctors. No d doubt her Thursday. Check up must have been excellent.

Reaction Score
Any KML is great. She is a smart soft-spoken young woman. Glad to see her back on the court doing what she loves.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
OK, once again a reminder to ye of little faith. I invite your attention to the statement below, in blue.

Last edited:

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
thanks, now I know not to get a diagnosis from you :p

Reaction Score

Ain't it crazy that they won the way they did and "UConn didn't need her much"? Somehow, I cease to be amazed about this program.

Reaction Score

She is not in normal game shape at the moment. Not sure there is enough time to get to 100%. But Kalena, at 75-80 with her stroke at 100 is better than most prople on the planet.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
She is not in normal game shape at the moment. Not sure there is enough time to get to 100%. But Kalena, at 75-80 with her stroke at 100 is better than most prople on the planet.
Yes, and continues to make us less vulnerable to packing in the zone.

Reaction Score
Yes, and continues to make us less vulnerable to packing in the zone.
Agree. As you indicate, she'll help tremendously in relieving the defensive pressure particularly on Dolson and Stewart. She'll probably average at least 10 points per game through the NCAAs.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
So, what is 75-80% of her mean?

Just her conditioning?

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Geno on KML's minutes:

"Somebody, I think it is Warde (Manuel, UConn's athletic director), said 'what do you think you are going to get out of Kaleena today?' I said 'I am going to start her and hope to play her 40 minutes.' He said 'no way, the first time she doesn't make it up the court you are going to take her out.' I said 'no I'm not. I am going to play her for as long as I can to get her back into game mode. It is not unlike golf, you can practice all you want but you need to play in tournaments, you need to play basketball to be in basketball shape, you need to play in games. She looked good at times and looked not so good at times but Monday she will play a lot better that she did today."

http://elmcitytoeaglevillenhr.blogspot.com/

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Even is Kaleena is rusty and not quite in game shape, do you think any team is really going to leave her wide open at the 3-point line?? Just her presence on the floor opens things for everyone else.

She hates sitting and watching. I'm happy for her that she's back.

Reaction Score
Even is Kaleena is rusty and not quite in game shape, do you think any team is really going to leave her wide open at the 3-point line?? Just her presence on the floor opens things for everyone else.

She hates sitting and watching. I'm happy for her that she's back.

Absolutely, she's one of the best passer of the game too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom