KML Has Started Taking Shots | The Boneyard

KML Has Started Taking Shots

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
per Jim Fuller. She's not launching 3s, but this week Kaleena started taking 10-12 foot set shots with the brace.

Making progress...

While junior All-American Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis is still sidelined due to a nerve contusion in her right elbow, the Huskies' leading scorer in each of the last two seasons has gotten back to doing what she does best - shoot.

Mosqueda-Lewis has been able to take some shots this week. Now this is not the majestic 3-pointer she is known for but one-handed set shots from about 10-12 feet while wearing a brace to protect her right elbow.

Don't look for either Mosqueda-Lewis or Tuck to be back when UConn plays Ohio State on Sunday or UC-Davis on Thursday but the fact that she feels good enough to take some shots would seem to me like it is good news as she works her way back.

http://elmcitytoeaglevillenhr.blogspot.com/2013/11/progress-for-uconns-mosqueda-lewis.html

Reaction Score
I think she should come back as a left hander in case this injury could reoccur.

Reaction Score

Don't look for either Mosqueda-Lewis or Tuck to be back when UConn plays Ohio State on Sunday or UC-Davis on Thursday but the fact that she feels good enough to take some shots would seem to me like it is good news as she works her way back.
Good news indeed....and it is still only November

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Great news! I hope she comes back 100% and has no ill effects from the injury...

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Considering that just a week ago she couldn't toss a softball that is good news.

There is a bit of information on the internet regarding ulnar nerve contusions and the sites all seem to agree that the odds are in favor of a complete recovery. I don't know how that recovery translates to athletic skill though.

Reaction Score
That ' s different from the column by Carl Adamec on the SNY site. He said that Geno said that KML was only going through the shooting motion and he did not believe that she would begin practicing next week nor the following week. I was rather discouraged. Hopefully Fuller is more accurate. Funny how one says she' shooting another reporter says she still has a brace on and isn't shooting.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Sounds like good news. I hope KML doesn't rush things.

When she was in high school, I saw her shoot threes lefthanded in warmups. I think her accuracy was noticeably less, but amazingly, her ball rotation was perfect! What impressed me that night was her hands--her layups were very high degree of difficulty, but all went in; she tipped several balls as the point defender in the press; and she shot the ball nicely, with minimal net movement.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
Love that kid; really rooting for full recovery! Not only for us, but for her future too. She is such a brick!

Reaction Score
That ' s different from the column by Carl Adamec on the SNY site. He said that Geno said that KML was only going through the shooting motion and he did not believe that she would begin practicing next week nor the following week. I was rather discouraged. Hopefully Fuller is more accurate. Funny how one says she' shooting another reporter says she still has a brace on and isn't shooting.

If he's any kind of journalist at all, it's hard to believe that Fuller would say 'Now this is not the majestic 3-pointer she is known for but one-handed set shots from about 10-12 feet while wearing a brace to protect her right elbow', if he hadn't actually observed her shooting. At the least, it would be an odd phrase to use if he hadn't seen it. Also, Adamec's quote from Geno that 'Kaleena was trying to just go through some shooting motions' sounds a bit generalized to me and doesn't seem to necessarily exclude the use of a ball. All in all I was somewhat encouraged by both reports.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Whichever report is right is still good news, though it is disquieting to have this ambiguity. I'm giving it :):):). Now, knowing what a gnarly, contentious bunch we have become in the bewildering wave of success we have experienced over the last year, I suspect that we will parse ever word of both reports and somewhere around post 80 start to fight over the mechanics of a set shot!

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Whichever report is right is still good news, though it is disquieting to have this ambiguity. I'm giving it :):):). Now, knowing what a gnarly, contentious bunch we have become in the bewildering wave of success we have experienced over the last year, I suspect that we will parse ever word of both reports and somewhere around post 80 start to fight over the mechanics of a set shot!

Heaven forfend!!

Reaction Score
I'm pretty much resigned to having to deal with Duke and Cal without KML or Morgan.

After that we have the conference teams who won't prove challenging until Louisville in
the second week in February.

These two kids should take their time coming back.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
I think she should come back as a left hander in case this injury could reoccur.
Outstanding news...I also agree that this is a great opportunity for her to work on left-handed shots, particularly runners and hooks that would not require a lot of contribution from her right.

Reaction Score
Sounds like good news. I hope KML doesn't rush things.

When she was in high school, I saw her shoot threes lefthanded in warmups. I think her accuracy was noticeably less, but amazingly, her ball rotation was perfect! What impressed me that night was her hands--her layups were very high degree of difficulty, but all went in; she tipped several balls as the point defender in the press; and she shot the ball nicely, with minimal net movement.
Wow, I'm even smarter than I thought!

Reaction Score
During the game -vs- OSU, Rebecca Lobo said they KML was shooting 3's before the game during warm-ups. She didn't say how she looked... but, just the fact that she was taking 3's is a big step!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom