KLS replaces Asia Durr as #1 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

KLS replaces Asia Durr as #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Going from #2 to #1 , or from #1 to #2 , is not significant. I would love for BOTH to be Huskies.
Actually in this case it is. It would be like #2 Jefferson replacing #1 Stewart.

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score
I agree completely and it reminds of a quote I once heard. "Soccer is for kids that are not tough enough to play football".

T-paper.jpg

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Durr is still #1 in the other 4 services though.

At ESPN,
Shepard, Lambert, & Collier all moved up 2.
Hosey slipped 3 to 8
Cooper from 4 to 12

Ashley Hearn jumped 27 to 13
Sophie Cunningham (Mizzou) from 32 to 16
Kennedy Burke (UCLA) 49 to 29

How Hosey slipped is beyond me. She was spectacular in the Texas State Tourney and was playing second fiddle to Brianna Turner.

I've seen Lambert play and there is NO WAY that she is better than Hosey.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I think this is also a reality of a still somewhat limited pool of talent in women's basketball and athletics in general. There will be statistical anomalies on a regional basis - for example, TX has had a run on post players over the last 5 years or so - no particular reason, but a lot of athletic girls 6'4" or taller. And yes, I think there are regional variations - probably SoCal being a volleyball/beach volleyball mecca, leads to more girls playing volleyball than say Texas.

Texas starts very early with its players. There are many youth development programs that bring the players into the sport. And the Dallas and Houston areas have sooooo many high quality athletes that it is only natural that there are a few bigs each year that are in the top of the class.

Interesting fact, after reading BG's book, is that she wanted to play volleyball but the coach refused to allow her to wear looser shorts instead of those shorts that she said were basically "underwear." So, she switched to basketball. DUMB volleyball coach. She would have been a nightmare at the net.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom