KLS, Pheesa and Gabby's name on Werth Wall already | The Boneyard

KLS, Pheesa and Gabby's name on Werth Wall already

Reaction Score
Names for All-Americans go up at the end of the year the player gets it. The blue banners on top are NPOY's and white banners are first-team All-Americans. Some players have received both NPOY and First Team in the some years (year is indicated in blue) and just First Team in other years (year is indicated in white).

Go to 5:28. Notice Moriah and Stewie's names already up there (this video was uploaded last year).

HoH Wall in Gampel are unveiled on the player's Senior Day.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Just imagine walking onto that practice gym and seeing your name on the wall as an All American for the first time! Wow.

Being on a team with a player(s) that has their name on the wall in the practice facility, should not only be impressive to any incoming freshman, but should also serve as inspiration as well.

Reaction Score
My understanding is they are up on the practice center wall because that wall is recognizing All-Americans and National Players of the Year. The wall in the practice facility is not the Huskies of Honor. Huskies of Honor applies only to the wall in Gampel. They still go into the Huskies of Honor on their senior day. Still cool for them to see their names up above the practice court.

Reaction Score
More to the point, think of how motivating it will be for the freshmen to go to their first practice and see their teammates' names up there. It will also serve as a constant reminder to Pheesa, Gabby and Lou of where their bar is as well as a prod to Kia, Azura, Danger and the other upperclassmen. Those names will be there every single minute of all the seasons yet to come.

RogueDave

Wasn’t Me!
Reaction Score
Awesome...3 young women that embrace, exemplify and exceed all expectations of the Uconn Womens Basketball Program...

Over the past 20+yrs this is my favorite Uconn team...Thank you for the magnificent season!!!

:cool:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Just imagine walking onto that practice gym and seeing your name on the wall as an All American for the first time! Wow.

Being on a team with a player(s) that has their name on the wall in the practice facility, should not only be impressive to any incoming freshman, but should also serve as inspiration as well.

It will also serve as a constant reminder to Pheesa, Gabby and Lou of where their bar is as well as a prod to Kia, Azura, Danger and the other upperclassmen. Those names will be there every single minute of all the seasons yet to come.

I'm sure Geno likes them there to use as motivation. Imagine a player (AA) not having a good practice, and all Geno has to do is point up to their name on the wall and ask "Well?"

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Not only motivation but a great recruiting tool.

That is one impressive wall of AA's and the like.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom