Kinda OT.. Tubberville Interview Points | The Boneyard

Kinda OT.. Tubberville Interview Points

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
this comes from a different board but I want to post a question in relation to these points and UConn: http://csnbbs.com/thread-695969.html

At one point in the OP he states that "Tubberville has a great relationship with the head of scheduling for ESPN and they're working on some games that may surprise some people"

Do we have any sort of relationship with anyone of importance like this at ESPN? I love moving BYU to a Friday night instead of Thursday to open the season and get on ESPN, does anyone know if there's any potential to work with ESPN to set these types of matchups up later on for future years? What about CBSSN?

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
this comes from a different board but I want to post a question in relation to these points and UConn: http://csnbbs.com/thread-695969.html

At one point in the OP he states that "Tubberville has a great relationship with the head of scheduling for ESPN and they're working on some games that may surprise some people"

Do we have any sort of relationship with anyone of importance like this at ESPN? I love moving BYU to a Friday night instead of Thursday to open the season and get on ESPN, does anyone know if there's any potential to work with ESPN to set these types of matchups up later on for future years? What about CBSSN?

Unfortunately, our relationship with ESPiN is that UCONN fans get the pleasure of fronting them tax breaks and incentives to build ginormous new studios. As a reward, we get 2 fahqing million dollars a year so that they can broadcast our content despite its value being considerably more.

In other words, our relationship is one way and only one side benefits.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
CBSSN just sublets AAC games. They have no incentive to set up games because they wouldn't get the first choice.

Maybe UConn has someone working on scheduling with ESPN but I wouldn't have much faith.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The thread references that the 2015 opener could be moved and it might be a conference game that people would be excited about.

Uh. Navy? UCF? What conference game would excite any Cincinnati fan?

Reaction Score
Last year it seemed to me that Tuberville was laughing at us. Granted we were struggling but we need to show up for this game this year, bigtime. We also need to get some buzz going in regards to 2015 scheduling and signing up for a one and done, whatever it takes. If we have a shot to play the big national programs we can't be wall flowers.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
The thread references that the 2015 opener could be moved and it might be a conference game that people would be excited about.

Uh. Navy? UCF? What conference game would excite any Cincinnati fan?
UCF. Cincinnati missed them last season and will miss them again this year. The AAC is clearly trying to manipulate the schedules to make sure the projected top teams have the best shot at the Access bid. It is definitely a minor league move, but there are huge $$ implications of getting that slot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom