Kim Barnes Arico to Michigan | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Kim Barnes Arico to Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Not necessarily a ton of talent in Michigan, but Ohio, Indiana and Illinois are close enough to recruit. With a modicum of success, Ann Arbor and the school itself would have enough allure to cast a wider net.

Reaction Score
You can't feel THAT BAD about leaving....YOU LEFT. It's all about the money baby! Cha-chiiiing!

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
dont assume NY recruits will follow her to Michigan... she got NY recruits cause it was close to home for them.

Hope she does well... cool lady

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I wonder if the style of the BiG, which is actually quite competitive within the conference but doesn't seem so successful against OOC foes hinders outsiders. Of all the conferences, BiG and Pac12 have, to me, the most distinctive "styles" of play, some would say each conference has certain distinctive features of style that can be seen across most teams.
I honestly thought that when Jolette Law went to Illinois that she was going to have major success there, especially when some of the top recruits started considering the Illini. I believed that a more aggressive, physical, Big East-style of play would propel the team up several spots in the B10 rankings immediately but it never happened. I wonder why?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
dont assume NY recruits will follow her to Michigan... she got NY recruits cause it was close to home for them.

Hope she does well... cool lady
There are a ton of good players in the Midwest that would love the option of another excellent young coach to play for. It helps that the University of Michigan is also a fine academic institution.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
There are a ton of good players in the Midwest that would love the option of another excellent young coach to play for. It helps that the University of Michigan is also a fine academic institution.
thought I read somewhere in this thread... (maybe not exactly posted) players will follow her to Michigan or she has a stronghold on NY so some may check out Michigan as an option (which I would expect)

Reaction Score
A big big hit to St. John's & the Big East. She elevated that team to new height's & made them a force in the B.E. Not only a great coach but also a great mother & family person. I know that Geno went out of his way to help her get that program on it's feet plus encouragement. She took some no name players & helped motivate them into playing aggressively. Congratulations!

AboutWeston

Artiste Extraordinaire
Reaction Score
Good to see another Big 10 program make a positive coaching move..... there are a few sleeping giants (well maybe not giants) in the Big 10.... and hopefully they will be awakened in the near future.
But at least she knows the Big 10 will be still be around in 3-5 years :rolleyes:

Good point, I think!:)

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Just to put the question of comparative costs into a quantitative mode:

According to Best Places. Com

Ann Arbor is 37% cheaper to live in (compared to NY) the biggest differential being the 55% diminished cost of housing.
Not sure if that really applies to Queens.

Cost of Living Indexes New York Ann Arbor
Overall 159 101
Food 121 95
Housing 260 115
Utilities 142 102
Transportation 108 101
Health 110 93
Miscellaneous 118 91

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Cost of living in Queens specifically is indeed 35.8% higher than Ann Arbor. Verified on Salary.com's cost-of-living wizard.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Not necessarily a ton of talent in Michigan, but Ohio, Indiana and Illinois are close enough to recruit. With a modicum of success, Ann Arbor and the school itself would have enough allure to cast a wider net.
I would really like it if she got some kids who otherwise might have taken their talents to South Bend.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Those cost of living measures are imperfect, but often they are in the right ballpark. Kim's spending pattern probably differs from the average, but somewhere in the broad range of 35-65% cheaper sounds good. Kim and her family will be getting a really nice house. Maybe she can get some good design tips from Mr. Auriemma.I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom